UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 58 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Biggest coon! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=2410)

Posted by Casey Bigelow on 08-13-2003 05:41 PM:

Biggest coon!

What is the biggest coon you have ever seen and weighed. The biggest I've treed and weighed is 18 #'s, but I live in N. Florida. Me and another guy treed one and he took it home- sayed it weighed 25#'s, but I didn't see the scale, so can't vouch for it. HOW 'BOUT IT- What's YOUR BIGGEST?????

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Posted by coon dawg on 08-13-2003 05:48 PM:

24 1/2 pounds.............

treed in Adams county, Pennsylvania..............near the Gettysburg National Battlefield.

Posted by treeingwalker10 on 08-13-2003 06:12 PM:

38 lbs

killed in craig county west of welch oklahoma .

Posted by coon dawg on 08-13-2003 06:13 PM:

Good Gosh................

that's HUGE!!!.congrats!!

Posted by Bear on 08-13-2003 06:13 PM:

25 1/2 EASTERN wv

Posted by Christy on 08-13-2003 06:32 PM:

28 #'s 3 ozs

Treed and killed right here in Western North Carolina in 1996.

Old blood got that one! The dogs that were hunted were grandpups out of Yadkin River Champ. They were littermates. Copper and Bandit.

Now, I'll tell you, 2 years ago we treed and killed at 26lb coon. It looked like a cub bear sitting in the tree. We had it mounted and is now hanging on our wall!!! It's almost as long as I am tall, but I'm kinda short! But it's still a big coon, anyways.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Posted by Wayne Valentino on 08-13-2003 06:49 PM:

Big Coon

Neighbor had a pet that tipped the scale at 40 lbs. fattest thing I ever saw. Fed it table scraps and way too may of them !!!!!!!! Wild Coon 22 lbs...

Posted by brad on 08-13-2003 06:50 PM:

No wonder some of these dogs are trained to run bear, sometimes they might not know the difference

Posted by John Carroll on 08-13-2003 06:53 PM:

My biggest one weighed 31 pounds, treed in the Ozark hills of northeastern Oklahoma.

I was one ridge over from Blackfox Holler, the scene of the competition hunt in "Where the Red Fern Grows."

Posted by DAN CAHOY on 08-13-2003 07:13 PM:

49 LBS

BELEIVE IT OR NOT......CORN FED SD COON.......BUT OUR AVERAGE BOARS ARE BIGGER THAN MOST I SEEN ON HERE.....CALL ME A LIAR IF YA WANT BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT....HAVE HAD PEOPLE FROM GA UP TO HUNT AND THEY WOULDNT LET THERE DOGS FIGHT THE COON CAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL A DOG........I HUNTED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND AINT EVER SEEN EM AS BIG AS HERE CEPT MAYBE MN OR WI.......THINK THERE IS A PIC OF 3 COONS ON MY SITE AND THE BIG ONE WAYS 30 AND HE IS BOUT AVE IN THE FALL COME CORN TIME..........
THE 49 LB COON WAS WIEGHED THE MORN AFTER WE GOT HIM....HIS HIDE WAS TANNED AND I GAVE IT TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN MN..............
DAN CAHOY

4 WINS TOWARD GR NT
4 WINS TOWARD GR SH
AND REPRODUCIN!!

Posted by Tracy M. Jordan on 08-13-2003 08:26 PM:

biggest

17 pounds, I was 15 years old, just south of Bonifay, Fl. in October, out of a Oak tree eating acorns

Posted by CHRIS BATCHELOR on 08-13-2003 09:20 PM:

Re: 49 LBS

quote:
Originally posted by DAN CAHOY
BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT..........
DAN CAHOY [/B]

19pds10oz Monticello Ga. caught in Murder Creek it would not take a tree man -o-man what a fight

Hey Dan lets go

Posted by Bigtime on 08-13-2003 09:25 PM:

29 pounder then two nights later a 27 pounder in mid fall around vicksburg/schoolcraft, Michigan areas.

Posted by Redtick on 08-13-2003 09:37 PM:

I have seen a a couple of 25# coon here in Central Illinois. I usually harvest several 20+ # coon every year.

Posted by Jesse Bedward on 08-13-2003 09:39 PM:

36 pounds opening night oct 15th or so last year...

i have a pic of it that i am going to try to post on here in the morning might need help with it, around 25-30lbs average for here in sw wisconsin late in the year, takes a good coon dog to tackel it 2 good ones to kill it, these little 15 pounders this time of the year crunch up easy for my hounds, they kinda laf at them, they dont get real worked up over them much. my website has some wisconsin coon on them check it out
www.geocities.com\subzero25099

Posted by InDeep on 08-13-2003 11:13 PM:

33 lbs.

And that was plenty big for me!!!

Have heard of people getting 40lbs.+ coons, man would I love to see one of those in a tree!

Posted by Roby C on 08-13-2003 11:28 PM:

Got a 42 prounder last winter. That was the biggest, later same night killed a 32.
Western Oklahoma

Posted by LEE on 08-14-2003 02:53 AM:

caught a

40 pounder in a live trap on the bay in spring creek florida and another that was like 25 or 30 pounds both big boars

NTCH PR SHOW BIZ LIZ
NTCH PKC CH PR MIDNITE QUEEN

Posted by throwback on 08-14-2003 04:22 AM:

A 49 pound coon? Man that thing was bigger than my 5 year old!

I bet the dog looked up in the tree and thought "Oh, Crap, I hope he don't shoot that thing out!"

Another dog told him "well it was your idea, stupid, I wanted to make a quick run on that baby one and go home but nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo! You said, pick this one!"

Throwback

Posted by Marc Marcure on 08-14-2003 05:42 AM:

The biggest was 43# in 1993 alot of 20+ lbs since.

Posted by DAN CAHOY on 08-15-2003 02:57 AM:

CHRIS

COME ON AND BRING YOUR HOUNDS UP THIS FALL WE CAN PLAN A HUNT..........ALWAYS ENJOY MEETIN NEW PEOPLE AND SEEIN DIFFERENT HOUNDS WORK.........JUST LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE AS IM NOT HOME TOO OFTEN LOL..............
DAN CAHOY

4 WINS TOWARD GR NT
4 WINS TOWARD GR SH
AND REPRODUCIN!!

Posted by thelawnmasters on 08-15-2003 03:33 AM:

My hide buyer had a competition nine years ago here in kansas and my cousin and i won second with 35llb boar. a lady died and after someone else bought the land they let us hunt it and first time we hunted it and caught this big one. Next time we went back we treed little ones. Never have got another big coon out of that draw...

Posted by OUTFITKNL'S on 08-15-2003 11:43 AM:

32LBS

TREED IN THE BLACKBELT OF ALABAMA.DOGS WHERE ROBINSON'S BUCK&ROBINSON'S ANN.SQUALLED BOUT 5MINS.JUMP OUT OF TREE AND THE FIGHT WAS ON.TREED 12/14/91

Posted by old ben on 07-30-2013 09:37 PM:

Re: 49 LBS

quote:
Originally posted by DAN CAHOY
BELEIVE IT OR NOT......CORN FED SD COON.......BUT OUR AVERAGE BOARS ARE BIGGER THAN MOST I SEEN ON HERE.....CALL ME A LIAR IF YA WANT BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS COME FOR A HUNT....HAVE HAD PEOPLE FROM GA UP TO HUNT AND THEY WOULDNT LET THERE DOGS FIGHT THE COON CAUSE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL A DOG........I HUNTED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND AINT EVER SEEN EM AS BIG AS HERE CEPT MAYBE MN OR WI.......THINK THERE IS A PIC OF 3 COONS ON MY SITE AND THE BIG ONE WAYS 30 AND HE IS BOUT AVE IN THE FALL COME CORN TIME..........
THE 49 LB COON WAS WIEGHED THE MORN AFTER WE GOT HIM....HIS HIDE WAS TANNED AND I GAVE IT TO A FRIEND OF MINE IN MN..............
DAN CAHOY

wow that three coon here

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Posted by Chris Dailey on 07-30-2013 11:03 PM:

55 lbs live trapped with dogs biggest was right at 40

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/cjd_daa/IM000059.jpg