UKC Forums
Show all 19 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Bells..... (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=340483)

Posted by ki4qpu on 03-09-2010 07:31 PM:

Bells.....

After buying some bells over the weekend I have seen numerous threads about them on here.

Just wanted to add something for those that are using or are interested in using them. I found some turkey bells at the local hardware for about 7.00 bucks a piece. I thought that was a little high and just happen to go to walmart to renew my license for this year. And was looking around in sporting goods and with the fishing stuff I found some berkley fishing pole bells 2 in a pack for 2.00. I thought for the price I couldn't pass it up. I liked being able to hear the dogs work. Being that my dogs are completely silent until they tree I really liked the idea of bells.

I seen some people say the bells effected their dogs because of the sound, possibly because of the tone of the bell. These had no effect on my dogs. And was all positive for me. Thought it might help someone.

Home of the pot lickers

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day! Teach a man to fish, and tomorrow he'll have all his buddies in your fishin' hole!

Posted by cannon miller on 03-09-2010 07:36 PM:

I drew out with a guy hunting and english dog and he had 2 bells on his dogs collar. he swore up and down that they will keep the coyotes away from the dog, dont know if its true or not tho.. i think its kinda annoying personally lol.. buy a Garmin then u want watch every move or dogs make lol

Posted by ki4qpu on 03-09-2010 07:39 PM:

2.00 dollars...400.00 dollars 2.00 dollars.....400.00 dollars hmmm I think I will stick with the bells.

Home of the pot lickers

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day! Teach a man to fish, and tomorrow he'll have all his buddies in your fishin' hole!

Posted by cannon miller on 03-09-2010 07:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by ki4qpu
2.00 dollars...400.00 dollars 2.00 dollars.....400.00 dollars hmmm I think I will stick with the bells.

more like $600 but yea lol... they make huntin alot easier, sure glad i bought one

Posted by Buckshot on 03-09-2010 07:47 PM:

ki4qpu, in the walmart camping section, they have the bells for hikers for less than 2 dollars that has mesh bag to store bell when not in use. I cut the mesh bag off and then use the attachment that is connected to bell to attach to collar.

I'll post a pic of it later today.

Posted by whetstone on 03-09-2010 08:55 PM:

the bell does help keep yotes off i use them on my rabbit hounds an a heck of a lot cheeper than that garmin

Posted by pat endel on 03-09-2010 10:44 PM:

bell

I don't understand,if you want to hunt silent dogs why would you put bells on them?

Posted by Dan Dogs on 03-09-2010 10:48 PM:

Re: bell

quote:
Originally posted by pat endel
I don't understand,if you want to hunt silent dogs why would you put bells on them?
likes a different kind of music!!

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Posted by PROFESSORRAIN on 03-09-2010 10:57 PM:

bells

Go to Hobby Lobby 2 pack $.99 and you can actually make them have different rings to tell which dog is which.Where i hunt it ain't nothin to hear 2 or 3 packs ain't had no problems so far don't want none.

Posted by Autumn Clements on 03-10-2010 12:02 AM:

quote:

get yourseld lighted collar or those Tracker lights to attach to their collars

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Posted by intellectualist on 03-10-2010 01:05 AM:

quote:

Comparing a $2 bell to the Garmin Astro is like comparing a cigarette lighter to a solid rocket booster on the space shuttle!

Posted by Autumn Clements on 03-10-2010 01:06 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by intellectualist
Comparing a $2 bell to the Garmin Astro is like comparing a cigarette lighter to a solid rocket booster on the space shuttle!

lmao bout the size of it

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Posted by plottpower on 03-10-2010 12:33 PM:

tape a picture of nancy pelosi to your dog, the only problem is the other dogs will run too

we live in the heart of coyote country and have never had a problem with coyotes, we run plotts

Posted by ki4qpu on 03-10-2010 03:34 PM:

Re: bell

quote:
Originally posted by pat endel

When is the last time you heard some one get the law called on them for ringing bells?

Home of the pot lickers

Posted by dixietimber on 03-10-2010 03:39 PM:

Re: Re: bell

quote:
When is the last time you heard some one get the law called on them for ringing bells?

ki4qpu...good answer

Posted by chuck west on 03-10-2010 08:17 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by plottpower
tape a picture of nancy pelosi to your dog, the only problem is the other dogs will run too

we live in the heart of coyote country and have never had a problem with coyotes, we run plotts

a big 10-4 on nancy pelosi ty chuck west

Posted by pat endel on 03-10-2010 08:45 PM:

bell

My mistake,I didn't know they treed silent.

Posted by ki4qpu on 03-11-2010 01:58 AM:

Buckshot

I took your advice and bought two of those bells. I haven't tried them in the woods yet but the velcro is perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. Everbody disreguard the fishing pole bells and get the bells that drew is talking about, much much better. (They are called bear bells)

Home of the pot lickers

Posted by Buckshot on 03-11-2010 02:58 AM:

Meant to post pics of them but totally forgot.........glad you were able to find them.

I was leary of them coming off the collar with the velcro but hand't had any issues in rough briars - the bells were in the same place after the hunt as when I put them on them. They appear to be doubled stitched and made pretty tough. I just cut the mess bag off at the velcro.