UKC Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Attention Kellam, Allen/ukc!!! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928532650)

Posted by L. Poe on 09-10-2020 09:18 PM:

Attention Kellam, Allen/ukc!!!

Ok so that title was just to get everyone to open the thread. 😁

I'll post a picture when I figure out how again 😒, but my news is:

Lakota Poe is graduating the basic training portion of his army OSUT as a Calvary Scout at Ft Benning Georgia next week (9/17/2020). If anyone who knew us when he was little would like to write him and congratulate him his address is

Pvt Lakota A Poe (rn435)
C troop, 2nd squadron, 15th Calvary Regiment
4th platoon
FT Benning, Ga, 31905

please be advised that due to covid 19 these kids don't get mail very fast, and their graduations don't incude family days. They will in all likelihood graduate the AIT portion in 13 weeks and go on to permanent duty stations with no leave.

birthplace of UKC WORLD SHOW CHAMPION CINDERELLA

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-10-2020 09:23 PM:

L Poe

Congratulations on your graduation, Thank you for your service to our Country. Dave

Posted by JB Cobb on 09-10-2020 10:44 PM:

Awesome!!! Thank you for your service!!!!!

Posted by lonesomedog1 on 09-11-2020 12:43 AM:

Congrats young man!!

Posted by Todd K / UKC on 09-11-2020 12:04 PM:

I can see why you are proud of him Larry. I will get a card sent. He has my respect and my thanks.

Posted by L. Poe on 09-11-2020 05:02 PM:

Thanks everyone. Really proud of this kid and his choice in MOS. As a forward observer those nights walking through the woods in the dark will come in handy 😏.

One of the things he's always been the proudest of is his coonhunting competition roots.

Btw KELLAM I was supposed to tell you that you and Allen aren't off the hook yet. He still hasn't forgotten his bench show challenge against ya when he was 5 😂😂

Posted by Todd K / UKC on 09-18-2020 01:55 PM:

Sent

Posted by L. Poe on 09-21-2020 09:48 PM:

Awesome. He will get a kick out of that. Graduation went as good as it could with no family days or anybody being allowed to be there in person. It was videocasted and the boys had the weekend with their phones. Started AIT today and I'm kinda jelious tbh 😂😂. The Bradley fighting vehicle they train with has a 120mm bushmaster cannon 🙂. A freakin 120mm cannon🙂.....

Posted by Cotton 1927 on 09-21-2020 11:57 PM:

Congrats young Man and thank you for your service....stay safe and be safe!

Posted by L. Poe on 10-05-2020 05:57 PM:

Todd,

I just recieved a letter from 'Kota saying he had recieved your card. The UKC emblem really touched him 🖒. So much that he sent it home for "safe keeping", to ensure he had it as a keepsake when his training is done. Thank you for making my soldiers day 😁.

He also reported they had been training with various launchers from grenades to the javelin, whose rocket costs a quarter of a million dollars 😵 .... that's one biggggg expensive firecracker 🙂

Posted by L. Poe on 10-05-2020 05:59 PM:

I'd post some training pictures, but no idea how anymore 😒

Posted by L. Poe on 12-10-2020 07:29 AM:

Graduation is later today, Dec 10. Lakota has officially passed the 22+ week (22 plus covid quarantine and reception) Calvary Scout OSUT (one station unit training, aka basic + ait). He is a U.S. Army Calvary Scout 🤗

Posted by AndyMiller on 12-10-2020 10:01 AM:

Re: Attention Kellam, Allen/ukc!!!

quote:
Originally posted by L. Poe
Ok so that title was just to get everyone to open the thread. 😁

I'll post a picture when I figure out how again 😒, but my news is:

Lakota Poe is graduating the basic training portion of his army OSUT as a Calvary Scout at Ft Benning Georgia next week (9/17/2020). If anyone who knew us when he was little would like to write him and congratulate him his address is

Pvt Lakota A Poe (rn435)
C troop, 2nd squadron, 15th Calvary Regiment
4th platoon
FT Benning, Ga, 31905

please be advised that due to covid 19 these kids don't get mail very fast, and their graduations don't incude family days. They will in all likelihood graduate the AIT portion in 13 weeks and go on to permanent duty stations with no leave.

That is where my son graduated,, he’s in the National Guard,, we had all flights booked and other resorvations then it got canceled,, so we had to watch the graduation on line,,, good luck buddy

Posted by Dave Richards on 12-10-2020 05:12 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by L. Poe
Graduation is later today, Dec 10. Lakota has officially passed the 22+ week (22 plus covid quarantine and reception) Calvary Scout OSUT (one station unit training, aka basic + ait). He is a U.S. Army Calvary Scout 🤗

My sincere congratulations to
Lakota, very proud of him. Dave

Posted by L. Poe on 12-11-2020 07:18 PM:

I'll forward the congrats guys. He is going to be stationed at Ft Riley ks, so only a few hours from home. Getting Xmas block leave so still at Benning until Dec 18th, when we pick him up at the airport for the 2 week leave.