UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- cold (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928524153)

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 11-12-2019 02:48 PM:

cold

1 below zero (actual temp.) here at my house at 7 AM. Finally no mosquitos. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Preacher Tom on 11-12-2019 03:17 PM:

Bob it was 15 here in Arkansas this morning. Too cold for this time of year.

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 11-12-2019 03:29 PM:

15 here too was 70 on Sunday.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by yadkintar on 11-12-2019 03:33 PM:

Went to unlock the gate at the fair grounds this morning for the trash truck and the lock was frozen shut but I had a hammer lol.

Tar

Posted by Freeman on 11-12-2019 04:15 PM:

2 here this morning glad i put heated buckets out this weekend no ice to deal with was in the 60s Sunday warming back up Wednesday

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-12-2019 08:11 PM:

Bob

It's cold here today, but definitely not that cold. I actually do not know how you cope with all the snow and sub zero weather you have up there. How do those with horses and cattle get through those harsh winters, seems like just trying to water their animals would be a hardship. Dave

Posted by fletch on 11-13-2019 02:17 PM:

I actually think our horses and cattle are more comfortable with the cold than with heat and humidity. Heated water tanks keeps them with water, natural wind breaks keep them comfortable.

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-14-2019 01:22 AM:

Gary

I use heated water tank myself, just wondering how that works out in sub zero temperatures. Deep snow and sub zero temperatures don't sound like my kind of weather for any animal. Lol. Dave

Posted by DL NH on 11-14-2019 02:20 AM:

Dave,

I hav an old friend in Northeastern, VT (bout 5 miles from Canadian border) who just sold his herd of Scottish Highlanders. Seen those cows at zero and below covered with snow in zero degree weather. They had an open barn to go in but preferred to stay outside. Some folks have natural springs that run into a tub year round. As you know, moving water doesn't freeze.

Posted by shadinc on 11-14-2019 03:20 AM:

About 40 years ago I had a Walker female that never slept in a dog house. I doesn't get that cold here, but she would sleep on the ground when it was below freezing.

Posted by Rolin Blues on 11-14-2019 03:35 AM:

cold

Set all time record for Dubuque with -5 Tues. morning & low day time high @ 13, so didn't warm up much.

Want to congrat grand daughter, Madison, on winning $kc cast on Monday night hunting in fresh snow, 14 degrees & bright moon with Freak with circle pts. She loves this game, while gramps sat in truck with heater running. Take care, Ron.