UKC Forums
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- What is the Definition of Shut-Out? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928504275)

Posted by Allen / UKC on 05-14-2018 03:01 PM:

What is the Definition of Shut-Out?

According to the UKC Nite Hunt Rulebook, what is the definition of shut-out?

Posted by DwayneWhite on 05-14-2018 06:43 PM:

Allen,

Keep it going! Make the nite hunts great again. One poll at a time lol

Posted by Allen / UKC on 05-14-2018 07:20 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by DwayneWhite
Allen,

Keep it going! Make the nite hunts great again. One poll at a time lol

If these are helpful little Q&A's, I'll do it!

Posted by thomasg on 05-14-2018 11:03 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
If these are helpful little Q&A's, I'll do it!
they are a good thing .mini rule seminars. lol keep them coming .

Posted by Allen / UKC on 05-15-2018 03:52 PM:

Good deal! Glad you like them.

I'm afraid those giving the wrong answer on this one are going to run into other problems because of not having this one right.

Posted by joey on 05-15-2018 04:28 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Good deal! Glad you like them.

I'm afraid those giving the wrong answer on this one are going to run into other problems because of not having this one right.

Whats bad is the ones that got it wrong could have looked it up on here in just a second if they didnt know. They are the guys that are not going to bother reading the rules either.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by MIKE CARDER on 05-15-2018 05:17 PM:

Lol

If people read the rules, seen the asterisk, went to the end of the rules, read the definition and seen what it actually said they would understand the rule. Also shut out* is mentioned a few other times with the asterisk and I think one time it also sends you to another rule. I’m sure it’s in the Advisor also. Plus don’t forget, the beginning of the rules it tells you that the definition is at the end of rules.
I bought a house with less paperwork involved.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Posted by ole hoss on 05-15-2018 07:31 PM:

In my opinion in order to shut one out you must first be struck and treed before any thing else strikes

Posted by Night Shift on 05-15-2018 07:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
In my opinion in order to shut one out you must first be struck and treed before any thing else strikes

First problem is we all have opinions. The next problem is our opinion doesn’t mater it’s what rule book says. if one dog is not struck then that dog alone is shut out. But can you be shut out on tree and carry a strike?

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Posted by joey on 05-15-2018 09:51 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss

Thats pretty much it, any dog that isn't struck before the others are treed is shut out on that tree.

Home Of:

Posted by joey on 05-15-2018 09:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
First problem is we all have opinions. The next problem is our opinion doesn’t mater it’s what rule book says. if one dog is not struck then that dog alone is shut out. But can you be shut out on tree and carry a strike?

Ya as long as you do not tree on the tree that you were shut out on. Then you carry the strike.

Home Of:

Posted by Night Shift on 05-15-2018 10:10 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Ya as long as you do not tree on the tree that you were shut out on. Then you carry the strike.

I agree

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Posted by Philip Foster on 05-15-2018 10:20 PM:

Dogs that are shut out still must be struck. They can receive tree points if treed before 5 is up. If they are treed on shut out tree strike is deleted . Anything else they are accountable for there strike points. Great post Allen keep it going.

Posted by Chuck Allen on 05-15-2018 11:22 PM:

One can be shut out on strike and one can be shut out on tree but a true shut out is when a dog strikes, trails and trees a coon other dogs did not know was in the woods.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Posted by groworg1 on 05-16-2018 01:42 AM:

And here I thought shut out was when you stayed out till wee hours of night and the wife locks you out or when you get back to the truck and realize you locked your keys in it !

Posted by Allen / UKC on 05-21-2018 04:15 PM:

ANSWER: According to the Coonhound Rulebook, the definition of shut out* is noted under Section 18 (also on the back of the card) as:

Shut-Out: When a dog has not been declared struck before the first dog is declared treed. Dog is shut out only if it trees on tree it was shut out on. Otherwise, strike points remain live.

There are several items, such as shut out*, that are noted in the rules that include an asterisk after the word. Whenever you see that asterisk behind the word it means that you can find the definition under Section 18. A few other words or terms with an asterisk are; Attempting to Fight, Babbling, Bother, and Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

Congrats to the 81% who got this one right.