UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 41 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Old doggie saying. (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928519466)

Posted by yadkintar on 06-20-2019 12:13 AM:

Old doggie saying.

It ain’t how much money you won it’s how much money you lost while winning it !!

Unless it ain’t your money your loosen.

Just sayen !!

Tar

Posted by Sonny Phipps on 06-20-2019 12:33 AM:

One of the truest statements posted! Lol

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-20-2019 12:40 AM:

Money

If you can afford to lose, you really do not need the money and if you CAN NOT afford to lose, you definitely do not need to play. Pretty simple plan! Dave

Posted by yadkintar on 06-20-2019 12:48 AM:

Re: Money

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
If you can afford to lose, you really do not need the money and if you CAN NOT afford to lose, you definitely do not need to play. Pretty simple plan! Dave

These big entry fees are way past what my conscience will let me spend lol.

Tar

Posted by Team Mafia 2 on 06-20-2019 03:35 AM:

Re: Re: Money

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
These big entry fees are way past what my conscience will let me spend lol.

Tar

All it would take for me to go to a $6,500 entry is to have an extra 6,800 laying around so that I had gas to get there and back lol. My pride won’t let me believe that they could keep me out 3 nights in a row lol.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-20-2019 05:40 AM:

Dalton

Pride and 5.00 might get you a cup of coffee at most places, but not all places. Lol. Dave

Posted by yadkintar on 06-20-2019 10:47 AM:

Re: Re: Re: Money

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
All it would take for me to go to a $6,500 entry is to have an extra 6,800 laying around so that I had gas to get there and back lol. My pride won’t let me believe that they could keep me out 3 nights in a row lol.

If I was a rich man Tyler you and dalton would be at all of them. Y’all are always on sickum I like that lol.

Tar

Posted by TylerOSU on 06-20-2019 02:54 PM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Money

quote:
If I was a rich man Tyler you and dalton would be at all of them. Y’all are always on sickum I like that lol.

Tar

Believe me Tar Dalton and I constantly are trying to figure out how we could get to one or get in one I should say. Looking for a sponsor if you know anybody!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-20-2019 02:58 PM:

Would you hunt a Redbone?

Posted by TylerOSU on 06-20-2019 03:08 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Ill Spray-paint mine whatever color you want me to!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Posted by Mike Van Dusen on 06-20-2019 10:09 PM:

If I was a rich man there is 1 dog I would sponsor in those big hunts,his name is BANJO II and he resides in Louisiana!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Posted by D Terrell on 06-21-2019 04:04 PM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Money

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
Believe me Tar Dalton and I constantly are trying to figure out how we could get to one or get in one I should say. Looking for a sponsor if you know anybody!

Do what these boys up here do split it 3 ways at
$2166.66 and hunt a different one each night then split your winnings 3 ways for the weekend..😎

Posted by D Terrell on 06-21-2019 04:07 PM:

quote:

Thats a good offer someone should jump on it..
If you don't find 1 Richard call Eric Piatt he will hunt any color if its the right kind and he knows how to get 1 ready...

Posted by pigsit on 06-21-2019 08:56 PM:

Re: Old doggie saying.

quote:
It ain’t how much money you won it’s how much money you lost while winning it !!

Unless it ain’t your money your loosen.

Just sayen !!

Tar

Tar, theres a guy you and I both know that had been pretty successful in the money hunts, we was hunting one night, and he told me he was quitting his job and going on the road to the big money hunts. I don't know if he quit his job, but I don't think I ever saw his picture in the book after that.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Posted by arkansas cooner on 06-21-2019 09:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Van Dusen
If I was a rich man there is 1 dog I would sponsor in those big hunts,his name is BANJO II and he resides in Louisiana!

That ain’t no lie! If he had the money backing him, he’d fill up a magazine and believe your cost to earn ratio would be really good! Lol

Posted by yadkintar on 06-21-2019 10:33 PM:

Re: Re: Old doggie saying.

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
Tar, theres a guy you and I both know that had been pretty successful in the money hunts, we was hunting one night, and he told me he was quitting his job and going on the road to the big money hunts. I don't know if he quit his job, but I don't think I ever saw his picture in the book after that.

Lol yeah don’t give up that steady paycheck!! One good win maybe two will make you think that way. Then you start getting beat and you spend those winnings and then some. And you go get a job. But some got a money man that needs a tax write off. And some make ( delivery’s on the way or to the hunts wink wink ) to earn their expense money. Kinda like that dog box with the same stickers on it. Showed up at every major hunt. Was put from one pickup into anouther. We just said there’s that dog box again it might still be making the circuit lol.

Tar

Posted by Team Mafia 2 on 06-23-2019 06:10 AM:

quote:

Richard if you have one that your confident can win and your looking for a Top handler to hunt these big $ hunts call me.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-23-2019 03:32 PM:

C'mon now, Y'all know that a Redbone can't compete with those big money walker dogs.

Posted by fullhouse on 06-23-2019 04:00 PM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Money

quote:
Originally posted by D Terrell
Do what these boys up here do split it 3 ways at
$2166.66 and hunt a different one each night then split your winnings 3 ways for the weekend..😎

I know of a guy who's dog impressed enough local people he got 5 other people to put in $1100 for one of those hunts. P.S. they made money. If a dog is that good a man should be able to find some people whe has been with it to buy a piece of those entrys. Even if its 5 or 10 percent.

Posted by Team Mafia 2 on 06-23-2019 11:54 PM:

quote:
C'mon now, Y'all know that a Redbone can't compete with those big money walker dogs.

I’ve hunted with a couple red dogs that were sure enough scorpions. If you don’t think they can compete and want to make some money I’ve got one that’s sure enough the real deal and don’t care about making a penny. If someone gambled there money I’d let them keep all of the winnings.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Posted by Mike Van Dusen on 06-24-2019 12:28 AM:

I have hunted with a couple redbones that could compete over the years,matter of fact Allen had 1 named Tex that would of been able to win anywhere,he was a coondog!

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-24-2019 12:42 AM:

Mr. Lambert

Lol. One of the best, if not the best honest strike dogs I have ever seen was a redbone female. I would be proud to own one like her today. I also, remember an old redbone male that was a heck of a coondog back 50 plus years ago when coons were scarce in these mountains. He was an accurate rascal, we carried an axe and cut the den trees down in those days and he always had a coon in every den tree we cut down. There were lots of old dead chestnut trees in these mountains back then, just a hollow shell of a tree and did not take much to cut down. Coons were few and far between, we were young and wanted everyone we treed. I am sure glad that we have a healthy coon population these days, too old and lazy to cut any tree down for a coon these days. Dave

Posted by gpent24 on 06-24-2019 02:58 PM:

quote:

Banjo is as nice of a dog as I've hunted with. I don't think you would keep him out the money 3 nights in a row. Definitely one that deserves to be pushed in the big hunts that isn't.

Posted by gpent24 on 06-24-2019 03:02 PM:

I don't need to lose 6500$ for me to know I don't have a dog that could win those 6500$ cast with those dogs at that hunt. I prefer to be humbled 30$-50$ at a time lol.

Posted by BigContry on 06-24-2019 03:39 PM:

quote:

I judge him a couple weeks ago. From what I saw he is nice and Terry Perkins is one fine fellow !!!!!!!!