UKC Forums
Show all 3 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Enjoy your dogs! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928554764)

Posted by houndsound on 02-20-2024 02:33 PM:

Enjoy your dogs!

I've been toying with the idea of getting back into beagles , or hounds, for some time now. Do I really have enough time? Will it cost too much? Are the frustrations really worth it? Is my back pain too prohibitive? These and many more questions often hold me back.

I recently lost a beloved co-worker in a senseless tragedy. He was a dear friend. Of the many emotions and thoughts I wrestle with this last week include the necessity to savor life. I want to enjoy every meal I eat, every second with my wife, every conversation with my children, and every friendship I have. I want to bring joy into every room I enter and leave every person I talk with with peace and acceptance.... and maybe it's time to throw caution to the wind and enjoy a little hound chasing a rabbit again.

I write this as a reminder to all of you- enjoy your dogs... savor feeding them, petting them, listening to them do what they were created to do. Our Father above has given us many gifts every day to enjoy- enjoy them well. Like a child filled with joy at the present his parents provided on Christmas morning- with childlike wonder, enjoy the gifts given to you by your Father.. including those dogs. You honor God well when you play with the toys he gave you and are richly satisfied by them.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights,... (James 1:17).

Posted by Dave Richards on 02-20-2024 03:11 PM:

Houndsound

Sorry for your loss, every thing you said is well noted and appreciated. Get you some dogs and enjoy yourself. Hounds and horses cost me a lot, but the pleasure is WAY more than the money I spend. Thank you for reminding us of the uncertainties of life. Dave

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 02-21-2024 04:05 PM:

Thank you for the reminder of how precious life is and that death can be sudden. Sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Yes, get you some hounds.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER