UKC Forums Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Show all 126 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Ultimate Walker Cast (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=274133)

Posted by zzz22zzz on 08-01-2011 11:18 PM:

finley river chief
spring creek rock
millcreek molly
vances crowding billy

Posted by rockett42 on 08-02-2011 01:47 AM:

cast

How many of you that said Nailor ever hunted with him.....

Posted by Lee Currens Jr. on 08-02-2011 03:01 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Junior L
Wake Up!
Until you can remember ;
Merchants Banjo II
Merchants Bawlie
Finley River Queen
Spring Creek Sparkie
Don't put best walker cast EVER, and these dogs did what they did in 3 hr. cast, lots of difference!

wow make it 5 dog cast lol boone creek mike
i thank he got 11 in ark. with a broken back leg

Posted by Chiggers on 08-02-2011 03:15 AM:

What was the Plott dogs name that had the big challenge hunt with Banjo 11 ?

Posted by on 08-02-2011 11:13 AM:

Cast 1
Carolina casey

Diamond jim

Old hickory nut harry

Hardwood bozo

Cast 2
Stylish clover

Silver dollar cracker

Thunders wild clyde

Wipeout zeb

Cast 3
Wipeout Hellbilly

Zeb 3

Habits bad son

Bad habit

Posted by mucket on 08-02-2011 12:37 PM:

I am suprised to not see a well known winner mentioned in none of these cast,he was platinum ch as a 1 yr old won ss,then won 20 more grand an another ss as a 2 yr old. Mojo was as consistant of a cast winner as any dog i,ve seen mentioned. two years ago any major event you went to he was in the final four an if you were gonna win you had to beat him.

Posted by dbpro56 on 08-02-2011 03:21 PM:

Re: btt

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
A man 80 years old ,,too old for Bellar,,James Merchant ??? ok i give up enlighten us ,,lol ty chuck west

Enlighten you on what? It said ultimate cast, and this is the cast that stuck out in his mind! His name is Jim Moore, and he has hunted with, or hunted dogs for all those famous names you have heard of. I only have one thing to ask some of the people posting on this thread, how many of these dogs you list, have you been to the woods with, and that includes you ty chuck west? I don`t think it`s rocket science, only our opinion!

Bruce Profitt

Posted by Dentre on 08-02-2011 03:38 PM:

any dog

Any dog can get beat on any given night and the dogs that I am going to mention I would love to own and feed them they are all coon dogs. When you oust 2 time world champion Speck, The reigning world champion Insane Jane, The Milo dog, and the two dogs that were there respected breed champions Jack Pot Jackie and Saline Sadie. I think the Quick dog was up against some of the best dogs of today. If it was luck or if it was skill she was a very good coon hound. I will never have another dog like her.

Posted by chuck west on 08-02-2011 03:55 PM:

btt

quote:
Originally posted by dbpro56
Talked to my 80 year old huntin buddy, who has forgotten more about coonhunting and coondogs than I will ever know! I posed this question to him about his ultimate cast, and it went like this:

Diamond Jim
Finley River Spot
Minklers Kansas Rock
Griders Mike

I know for a fact, he has owned several world champions, and handled some as well. He was the hardest hunter I ever knew, and he still does his best, right now to hit the woods a night or two! By the way, he has been to the woods with the above mentioned dogs, and these were the ones that stood out in his mind!

All i wanted to know was the old gentleman s name that you said owned several world champions ,,i guessed it to be James Merchant ,so i was wrong,,no need on going on the war path,,i like reading these posts and getting everyones views on different hounds ,,so thats it ,i sent you a pm apologizing for making you mad ,,like you said its all opinions .

Posted by chuck west on 08-02-2011 06:51 PM:

btt

Thanks for replying to my pm and also as to who the gentleman was and his world champion dogs ,,and thank you for your apology as well,,dont want these old boys on here thinking theres a war going on ,,,,Chuck West

Posted by Lee Currens Jr. on 08-02-2011 09:57 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Chiggers
What was the Plott dogs name that had the big challenge hunt with Banjo 11 ?

pioneers drum

Posted by on 08-02-2011 10:08 PM:

Re: cast

quote:
Originally posted by rockett42
How many of you that said Nailor ever hunted with him.....

I haven't mentioned any dogs but I did hunt with Nailor. He wasn't like his rep leads everyone to believe. The dog wasn't lazy at all the night I saw him go and he had no problem handling a few bad tracks. He was however a whale of a tree dog. I think that is all anyone could remember and all you ever heard about him. The rest is all a bunch of B.S.

Posted by Chiggers on 08-02-2011 10:27 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
pioneers drum
Didnt O Drum win?

Posted by GLANCY'S 7 MILE on 08-02-2011 10:31 PM:

Here's a few I'd like to see go. (Their in no particular order)

Cast 1:
Rat Attack
Noturnal Nailor
Stylish Hickory Nutt Harry
Stylish Clover

Cast 2:
Sackett Jr.
Houses Lipper
Finley River Chief
Flat Rock Coma

Cast 3:
Yadkin River Chico
Wipeout Zack
Mill Creek Molly
Insane Jane

Cast 4:
Hillbilly Mac
Pac Man
Rock River Gap
Mr. Clean

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Posted by Lee Currens Jr. on 08-02-2011 10:32 PM:

quote:
Didnt O Drum win?

benny moore or brandenburg

Posted by Chiggers on 08-02-2011 10:35 PM:

quote:
benny moore or brandenburg
Best I remember Benny Moore. U sure are Old.

Posted by Lee Currens Jr. on 08-02-2011 10:42 PM:

quote:
Best I remember Benny Moore. U sure are Old.

lol i just listen to the stories did you ever hunt with eddie?
which 1 could get to the top of tree faster him or johnny?

Posted by Chiggers on 08-02-2011 10:46 PM:

quote:
lol i just listen to the stories did you ever hunt with eddie
Eddie who ?

Posted by travelman01 on 08-02-2011 11:50 PM:

dogs

riverbend rufus.............elmo..........harrels hangup.......slamit lefty.................but remember they are all just dogs when you go to bragging on them they will make you out to be a liar

Posted by WORMY#1 on 08-03-2011 12:20 AM:

ive hunted with these four at diffrent times threw the years an they were tuff,an done some winning.

grnt toyota- darrel hodges
grnt rock river rocket- keith dean
grnt cowee creek coot-ronnie mace
grnt tar heel bum-ricky mcall

Posted by Marcus McDaniel on 08-03-2011 01:56 AM:

MY FAV 2 CAST WOULD BE :

CAST 1.

WIPEOUT ZEB

LIPPER

NAILOR

SACKETT JR.

CAST 2.
WIPEOUT ZACK

RAT ATTACK

HICKORY NUT HARRY

STYLISH CLOVER

Posted by mccracken on 08-03-2011 02:28 AM:

i figured there would be alot more older yadkin river dogs on the list,,

id like to see
tar rattler
lipper
mojo
and one of the x dogs

run the older bred againt the newer bred think it would very interesting to say the least

Posted by Rick Dennison on 08-03-2011 04:10 AM:

casts

#1 DIAMOND JIM- BEANBLOSSOM BUCK- CAROLINA CASEY- ROB'S DANNY BOY, #2 INCREDABLE ROCK- MERCHANT'S FANNIE- DEEP RIVER MIKE- KATIES ROWDY, #3 HOUSE'S BAWLIE- SPOT LIGHT SPORT (BAWLIE'S BROTHER OWNED BY J.C. ELLIS)- STAN'S SAILOR JUNIOR- FINLEY RIVER SPOT, #4 STAN'S SAILOR BOY- SPRING CREEK SMOKEY- GANN'S FINISHER- VANCE'S CROWDING BILLY, #5 TENN. LEAD- HOUSE'S TOM TOM- STRIKER- WHITE RIVER BOONE. - ALL OF THESE DOGS WERE WORLD CHAMPONS EXCEPT FOR SPOT LIGHT SPORT.

Posted by on 08-03-2011 08:56 AM:

Rick, who wins between carolina casey vs diamond jim heads up 2 hour cast with leafs off? Both are world champions both were real coondogs so i've heard iv heard....@ you tell countless jim stories and sid stewart is a living legend dog man and a casey fan.... this question would make for one heck of a tailgate debate!

Posted by Rick Dennison on 08-03-2011 02:05 PM:

JIM WAS FAST AS LIGHTNING, THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN DOGS WERE REAL COONDOGS, YEAH, CAROLNA CASEY WON THE WORLD HUNT BOTH IN 1968-69. I HAVE A PICTURE OF 1970 W.C. GANN'S FINISHER, 1971 W.C. ROB'S DANNY BOY, 1972 W.C. VANCE'S CROWDING BILLY, 1973 W.C. BEANBLOSSOM BUCK AND 1974 W.C. DIAMOND JIM STANDNG ALL TOGETHER, IF I REMEMBER, CASEY IS IN THE PCTURE AS WELL. THOSE WERE NOT ONLY GREAT COONDOGS, BUT THEY WERE SOME OF THE BEST LOOKING WALKERS THAT WALKED ON FOUR FEET. THEY ALL WON THE A.C.H.A. WORLD HUNT WHEN THE WORLD HUNT WAS REAL, ALL NON-HUNTING JUDGES AND BACK THEN THAT WAS THE ONLY WORLD HUNT. ABOUT YOUR QUESTION, I'VE NEVER HUNTED WITH CASEY, BUT I HUNTED JIM TIME AFTER TIME AND SPECTATED WITH RAY IN MANY HUNTS. I REMEMBER ONE HUNT WHEN JIM HAD 900+ AND THE OTHER THREE DOGS HAD NOTHING!!! YOUR ANSWER, I WOULD HAVE TO PICK JIM OVER CASEY.