UKC Forums
Show all 7 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- RIP Ole' Hank (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928543213)

Posted by houndsound on 12-22-2021 04:36 AM:

RIP Ole' Hank

I believe it was 33, maybe 34 years ago... as a kid, about 13 or 14 years old... I was introduced to Hank Scobee. He was a lifelong cowboy- a real ranch hand who helped shape Wyoming. He seemed larger than life to a kid... and I found out he had Black and Tan hounds... I was pretty intruiged. He offered to take me coon hunting. He and a couple friends of his took me regularly for several years. Got me a subscription to Full Cry and helped me get my first hound pup.

Tonight... I had a good hunt with my 16 year old son. Had been really cold here recently and we have a warm spell, was a nice 30 degrees tonight and critters were moving. We had a good race, and treed a coon. On the way home I received a text that Ole' Hank, at 94 years old, had passed away. I was glad to hear the news on a night me and my son treed a coon. Hank was a good man who had a real passion for hounds. Amazing how much it affected me so long ago when he talked about hounds and spent some time with me. Take a kid hunting.. you never know when it will stick with someone. RIP Hank, and thanks!

Posted by ruttinbuck on 12-22-2021 05:38 PM:

Ole Hank

Sorry about your loss
But glad to hear about all the joy he shared with you and probably others

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 12-22-2021 10:44 PM:

May your friend rest in peace. To live to 94 is quite a blessing I'm sure he touched many lives!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Reuben on 12-23-2021 01:33 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
May your friend rest in peace. To live to 94 is quite a blessing I'm sure he touched many lives!

X2…
real cowboys are getting to be a rare breed…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OMko5LelBdA

Posted by Dave Richards on 12-23-2021 08:31 PM:

Houndsound

Kudos to you for this post about your friend, I am sure that he would appreciate your kind words. He may be gone, but ttylg you will always have your memories of him. He sure sounds like the right kind of man while he lived. I am glad he introduced you to our sport of coon hunting. Dave

Posted by perry on 12-24-2021 05:08 PM:

Nicely put!

If that don't warm your heart you should probably check to see if you have a pulse.

Perry

Posted by perry on 12-24-2021 05:08 PM:

Nicely put!

If that don't warm your heart you should probably check to see if you have a pulse.

Perry