UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Alpha 100 problem (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928532483)

Posted by recon on 09-03-2020 07:03 PM:

Alpha 100 problem

My alpha keeps dropping the map while hunting. It will just have a black screen and will show me, my track, dog and his track, and truck, but no map. After about 10 mins the map comes back, keeps me and my track, keeps dog on map, but deletes his prior track, keeps truck on map. Any suggestions? Already pulled the battery, did master reset, and updated.

Posted by BLAKE WHEELER on 09-03-2020 07:47 PM:

You may have already tried but have you tried restoring defaults? If not, go to main map and hit the menu button and scroll to the bottom and click on restore defaults.

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 09-04-2020 04:23 AM:

You probably need to delete all your old tracks, all you old archived tracks. It can only hold so much info and then it starts dropping it.

Posted by recon on 10-05-2020 02:47 PM:

I've tried all of this and still having the problem. Any other suggestions?

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-05-2020 05:49 PM:

So you have no archived tracks? No old tracks? Is your birdseye loaded on your handheld?

If your answer is no. Borrow a buddies battery and try it. Might be a weak battery issue.

Posted by lblhunter on 10-06-2020 05:24 PM:

Me or my hunting buddies will have this problem at times.
Have to select show map. Can't remember the screen to be on but show map always brings the birdseye back.

Posted by Corey Gruver on 10-06-2020 05:41 PM:

My alpha handheld has done this on several occasions. My recommendation is to factory reset the device (hold on top left portion of touch screen while powered off, follow prompts). This is usually the quickest way to restore my basic map.

Posted by ruttinbuck on 10-07-2020 03:31 AM:

Black screen

Mine will do that a couple times a year
What I found was that in my pocket it got zoomed way out
The next time it happens try zooming it way in.

Posted by recon on 10-07-2020 07:14 PM:

The map just disappears, roads, creeks, topo lines, everything. It is just a blank screen that shows me, the dogs, our tracks and the truck. Usually after about 10-15 mins, the map will come back, but in the meantime it is a hassle not being able to tell where the dogs are in relation to roads, and a few times it hasn't come back at all until I did a master reset.

I cleared out all of the archived old tracks.

I've zoomed in an out when it does this. The map doesn't reappear. It just zooms in and out on me and the dogs.

I've done the master reset twice. It brings the map back, but doesn't fix the problem from happening again. Problem is you cant do the reset with the dogs out because it clears the collars and you lose the dogs and the collars have to be reloaded.

Thanks for the replies

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-08-2020 11:55 AM:

Let me as you about your birdseye. I assume have it. Is it downloaded onto the handheld or is it on a sd card in the card slot by the battery?