UKC Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Long range folding antenna (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928532128)

Posted by Preacher Tom on 08-20-2020 06:11 PM:

Long range folding antenna

Thinking about putting the long range folding antenna on my Alpha. Would be interested in your experience with it. Does it help much? Thanks for any info.

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 08-20-2020 06:35 PM:

If we are thinking about and talking about the same antenna. They are great antennas and probably the longest range you can get from and portable antenna mounted on your unit.

To me that is where the problem is. The antenna is heavy. You bump it into something or do to the leverage of it even closed. It will snap your SMA connection right off the top of your handheld. Now with that said. Many of my coonhunting buddies carry that antenna in a pouch and if they are in the woods and need it. Just screw theirs off and screw the long range one.

Posted by Preacher Tom on 08-20-2020 08:28 PM:

Thanks Bruce. I'm gonna order one.

Posted by Fireballs on 08-22-2020 08:32 PM:

Tar says there gona start charging $ for the range you use

Posted by Toad Hill on 08-26-2020 03:09 PM:

Most of the time i use that small orange one but Like Bruce said I carry the long one in case i need it when dogs get real deep and lose signal. I wish that little orange one had the range of the ext ones its just so compact and flexible !

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to