UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Plott Dogs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928531095)

Posted by Preacher Tom on 07-08-2020 01:15 AM:

Plott Dogs

Just wondering how many Plott dogs there are. They are scarce around me. Know of one guy that raises them. Are they more prominent in other areas? Please don't turn this into a bash Plotts post.

Posted by yadkintar on 07-08-2020 02:02 AM:

Tom there is a guy that has shown a male plot at ada the last 2 yrs and he is the best looking best put together hound I have ever seen I don’t know the guy.

Tar

Posted by Coal295 on 07-08-2020 02:24 AM:

Plott

Lot of Plott dogs here in western NC and east Tennessee but they are used for bear hunting 99 percent of the time. Gritty and tough hounds that will catch a bear and make it climb.

Posted by gpent24 on 07-08-2020 05:34 PM:

We have 2 that we comp hunt. There are 2 other guys i know in MS that competition hunt them. They are definitely few and far in between. When your pool of dogs is small the pool of ones that are good enough to haul to town is even smaller.

Posted by Coal295 on 07-08-2020 08:38 PM:

Plott

Good looking young hound Mike! You hunt out of the saddle regular?

Posted by Coal295 on 07-08-2020 09:33 PM:

Saddle

Always thought that would make for an enjoyable night in the woods- kinda adds a whole nother element to it- neat stuff!

Posted by Mike Reynolds on 07-09-2020 04:14 AM:

Re: Plott

quote:
Originally posted by Coal295
Good looking young hound Mike! You hunt out of the saddle regular?

Thanks and Sorry I mis-read your question the 1st time I replied. I hunt on mules about half the time right now. 2-3 times a week I guess.

Posted by Coby Wright on 07-09-2020 05:44 AM:

There are a few that hit the hunts around here.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Posted by Dave Richards on 07-09-2020 06:00 AM:

Mike Reynolds

Good looking dog, great looking mule and saddle. I wish I lived in a place that I could coon hunt with mules, not many places in these mountains to hunt off of a mule. Dave

Posted by Ed Hillenbrand on 07-09-2020 12:53 PM:

Plott

Great picture. I have hunted with some really nice Plotts. Best way I can describe them is "strictly business".

Posted by DL NH on 07-09-2020 03:18 PM:

Nice looking young hound. Looks to be pretty calm as well in that pic. I like a hound that will leave on the run when turned loose to hunt but is calm and quiet on the leash.

The nicest plot I ever hunted with was Dual Gr. Ch. Purcell’s Gambit Owned by Mickey Purcell out of Eastern Massachusetts. Gambit had a huge bawl mouth that rolled into a rhythmic ringing chop on tree. Both owner and dog were two of the nicest I ever went with on a competition hunt. Not sure what the breeding was........on the dog.......or the man!🤣

Funny how those good hunts will stick in your mind. That was in early May of 1978. Lot a water been under the bridge since!