UKC Forums
Show all 18 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Obituary-Leroy Delbert (Cowboy) Mayles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928504392)

Posted by Rocketman55 on 05-16-2018 09:00 PM:

Obituary-Leroy Delbert (Cowboy) Mayles

Just a quick note to let the Coon hunting world know that Yesterday May 15th, 2018 my Dearest of Coon hunting buddies, (My Father) was called home to be with the Lord Almighty.

Born March 13th 1925, He had certainly seen a lot of changes in the world AND the coon hunting world to.

Dad and I hunted 1-2 nights per week for 40 plus years chasing these ole English Coon Hounds we so dearly love. There was never a night that he would't go, if someone called his house wanting to hit the timber. Growing up through the Great Depression, had taught him to be self sufficient. His word was his bond, and a deal was a deal, sealed with a hand shake and nothing more.

For those of you who have already lost your very best hunting partner, I feel your pain. For those of you who still have a Dad that may be laying around the house like your over the hill coon hound, just waiting for someone to open that door that leads into the still damp night, please take the time to open that door, and ask him along. Even when you know you have a dog that needs singled out to be fully prepared for next weeks competition hunt, don't be afraid to ask dear Ole Dad to come along.

My Dad, on the night of his very last coon hunt, I'm sure, wanted his dog to tree ahead of mine. You see that desire to be competitive, and get a first tree never leaves you, It simply has to be put somewhere in your heart, where you can deal with it when the tine comes.

So If you have that father, or father figure, that taught you what to look for in a dog, when and where to discipline your dog, how to be a conservationist with your coon population, take advantage of you limited time in this world with that individual, show him the love and respect he deserves, and take him to the timber when it is no longer safe for him to go there by himself. You see He probably did that for you when you were too young to go to the woods by yourself too.

God Speed Pappy, Till I see you at that great White Oak in the sky, with that Ole speckled hound stretched up as high on the trunk of that tree that he can get, and singing Gods glorious, gospel song of pure nature that pounds at double the pace of a heart beat. Thanks for ALL those memories!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Posted by CHEWBACH on 05-16-2018 09:14 PM:

sad

So sorry to here this Dave !! I know hes been sick for quite awhile !! Prayers your way my friend !! God bless you and your family !! Need to get out some knight when I get down !!

Posted by sleepy head on 05-16-2018 10:30 PM:

Sorry you lost your Dad and hunting buddy, I'd say you both were blessed to have the other

Posted by ov_blues on 05-16-2018 10:53 PM:

Sorry to hear this Dave. I know how hard it is and can only offer you a prayer for peace and comfort my friend. You haven’t lost him, he’s just not with you physically right now.

Posted by knockemstiffeng on 05-17-2018 12:57 AM:

Sorry to hear this Dave, take care. Maybe I will see you at English Days. ------------Kenny-------

Posted by Dave Richards on 05-17-2018 02:36 AM:

Dave

My sincere condolences for your loss. My God bless you at all times and bring peace into your heart. Dave

Posted by thomasg on 05-17-2018 02:52 AM:

prayers up

Posted by lucas foster on 05-17-2018 12:20 PM:

Dave

Sorry for the loss of your dad. You n your family will b in our thoughts n prayers.

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Posted by Ron Jackson on 05-17-2018 01:39 PM:

So sorry gor your loss. GOD BLESS!!!

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 05-17-2018 02:31 PM:

Sorry for your loss.

Posted by Tim Rhoads on 05-17-2018 10:40 PM:

Dave

Sorry for your loss. You will always have the great memories to look back on. Tim

2020 Performance and SS Sire
PKC Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Red Ruby Hardtime Buck [Dino X Ada]

2020 UKC Performance and PKC SS Sire
Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Bobby [Slammer X Maxie]

Gr.Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Spiff [Hoss X Lucy]

Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Maxie [Max X Annie]

Nt.Ch.'PR' Tri-County Ugg [Slammer x Mawley]

Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Ada [Charley7 x Clementine]

GrCh.'PR' Little Slammin Sandy [Slammer x Penny]

http://www.tri-county-kennel.com

Posted by DEE POWELL on 05-17-2018 10:41 PM:

Sorry to her this Dave

PR’ DEE’S HARDTIME THUNDER CLOUD
RED CLOUD X SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR

DEE POWELL
509-393-5111 CELL

Posted by Kyle Rhoads on 05-17-2018 10:43 PM:

Sorry for your loss.

Home of

GRCH NITE CH 'PR' Rhoads' Tri-County Louie
(RIP)
'PR' Rhoads' Tri-County Hank

CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Rhoads’ Tri-County Bobby

NITECH ‘PR’ Rhoads Tri-County Daisy

‘PR’ Rhoads Tri-County Bo

Kyle Rhoads
Cell 937-515-7141
Call after 5 or text anytime

Posted by Richard Emery on 05-18-2018 11:11 AM:

Sorry for your loss Dave. The memories will never fade!!

Posted by Kevin Lundholm on 05-18-2018 04:22 PM:

Very nice tribute to your father, Dave. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Kevin

Posted by KWilds on 05-18-2018 10:37 PM:

Sorry for your loss Dave. Prayers your way from the Wilds family.

Posted by skeets on 05-19-2018 11:11 AM:

iam sorry to hear that about your father,i will be praying for your family.

Posted by Doug Robinson on 05-20-2018 02:13 AM:

David

I was saddened to read your post, what a beautiful write-up for your Dad. I am so glad you had many years of quality time together doing what you both love and sharing your knowledge of English hounds! You were blessed to have your Dad and he was in turn blessed to have you. What great memories! I can relate this bond to my grandfather who taught me to love and respect nature and hunting. David I always enjoyed your posts, your English knowledge and your friendship.
You will surely see your Dad again, thanks for letting all us coon hunters know. God Bless you David and take care my friend.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)