UKC Forums
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Beagles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Say Hello to the New Beagles Forum (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928488930)

Posted by Allen / UKC on 08-22-2017 10:17 PM:

Say Hello to the New Beagles Forum

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKCbeagles/

Tired of sifting through all the spam on this forum? We are! We held a meeting today to discuss this issue and came up with the idea of trying to move away from this forum to a replacement on facebook. We'll see how it works. Try it. I've sent a bunch of friend requests to the group. If you weren't one of those please send a request and we'll get you added. Basically has the same rules as this forum and should be used for the same purposes. It's also where I will go to answer questions and provide links to UKC Beagle related items.

Posted by beaglerMc on 08-23-2017 01:43 PM:

Will the schedule still be posted here like its been?

Posted by pztrailman on 08-24-2017 01:52 AM:

Not everyone does Facebook. I posted early I would be more than happy to help delete the spam post. I don't think letting the spammers push us to Facebook is the answer.

Posted by rick weatherwax on 08-25-2017 12:44 AM:

I agree everybody don't do facebook

Posted by Allen / UKC on 08-25-2017 02:27 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by beaglerMc
Will the schedule still be posted here like its been?

Yes, the website will stay and the event schedule lives in the same place.

We're aware that not everyone has/does Facebook. You might consider trying it? If you can access this forum you'll be able to set up an account. It's not hard at all. Comes with a lot more features and notifications at your fingertips. It is where most everything is shifting to these days.

Posted by Cotton 1927 on 08-30-2017 04:57 AM:

Fakebook

If I have to go to fake book I'm done with this one!......cotton

Posted by Welshman on 08-30-2017 11:20 AM:

Facebook

Facebook is for ***s!

Posted by Welshman on 08-30-2017 11:23 AM:

Facebook

Facebook is for girls or boys who want to be girls

Posted by Jackson Boys on 08-30-2017 08:07 PM:

We don't do face book either....sure hope we don't need to. Seems like something could be done with all this spam crap

Bills cell # (614)965-2643

Posted by beaglerMc on 08-30-2017 09:04 PM:

Yall should give the fb thing a try. A lot more options, a larger audience, and easy to post pics and videos.

Posted by Luther's Fiest on 09-01-2017 04:33 AM:

I don't know why I ended up on the beagle page but if the beagle page is moved to facebook what is to stop the rest of the ukc forum from going to facebook? I also don't use Facebook and can't understand why if spammers can be blocked from the facebook site why they can't be blocked from this forum as well. Instead of moving the discussions or topics of this forum to facebook why not implement a stronger screening process on the ukc forum to block spammers here. If it can be done on facebook then it can be done here. Facebook may be easier for some and some may use Facebook but all members here don't. The members here have been pretty loyal or at least it seems so to me so why not try to work on this forum for those?

I read a post above where someone volunteered to delete the post made by spammers. I also get on this site daily and wouldn't care to help delete them if I could.

Hunt em hard, cull em harder
Luther's Feist Kennels on Facebook

Posted by Chuck Kerns on 09-05-2017 09:44 PM:

I do facebook but I much prefer this format for a forum. On this site you can scan down a page and quickly see what the topic is and who post it. If you have interest you open it. Otherwise pass it by. On facebook you have to scroll down the page and look at pictures and subject matter that is of no interest to you in the effort to find something you may want to read about. If there is another method on facebook, someone let me know where it is on the ukc page.
I am happy to see that someone cleaned up this page. Thank you. I hope we continue to use this forum.

Posted by rabbithunter10 on 09-12-2017 03:25 PM:

I think trying the facebook thing out was a good idea. Making a facebook account is very easy.

Posted by Cotton 1927 on 09-15-2017 04:01 AM:

Spam

Allen,why don't you just be upfront, and tell every one ukc doesn't want to put the time energy and resources into policing its own board? Instead it's much easier to let another forum do it for you........cotton

Posted by Cotton 1927 on 09-15-2017 03:04 PM:

Spam

Btt

Posted by gemma23426 on 11-01-2017 08:11 AM:

Re: Facebook

quote:
Originally posted by Welshman
Facebook is for girls or boys who want to be girls

You rip it