UKC Forums Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Show all 33 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Harassed threatened by Ohio State park officer (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928498321)

Posted by houndsound on 01-14-2018 04:46 PM:

"He did so in an attempt to intimidate us from hunting"

What makes you say this?

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 01-14-2018 05:37 PM:

The statement you made here just warned us we would be subject to repercussions if he got called out on us or caught our dogs off the hunting property boundary. Let us know he didn't want us there at all

We have the same law here in FL but it is really not an issue unless you choose not to control your dog. Every dog has to have a tag with an ID number of the permit that was issued for the land you hunt on. Not a big deal in my opinion, unless you choose to turn dogs out on surrounding property.

That is why the Garmin ALPHA has become one of the most popular hunting items someone can carry. You can control your dogs and you can get them back if they get out of control.

Posted by knockemstiffeng on 01-14-2018 11:04 PM:

May have been a watercraft officer, Ohio Division of Parks and the Division of Watercraft have combined. The watercraft officers are patrolling the parks and forest. And yes most Ohio parks have designated hunting areas.

Posted by dropthetailgate on 01-15-2018 12:46 AM:

Yeah it was a park officer not odnr. I don't mind getting checked for liscene or for potential drinking or any suspicious behavior in general. It's just that I have never been subjected to lectures on laws. And I don't know how else to say it. He was for sure trying to make us feel uneasy about hunting there and he did. It was not a friendly hello type conversation. I've been approached plenty of times hunting and fishing. even by homeland security officers and none have ever lectured. They either chatted or checked inspected the situation but not lectured. That was just way out of the normal. And now that I think about it he stayed till he heard our dog tree 50 yards away before he left.

Home of
Nt. Ch. PKC CH. Novak's Easy Flo IV

Posted by JOE H BROOKS on 01-15-2018 05:14 AM:

Ohio State Parks

Most ohio state parks, have designated, hunting areas, you have to bring them up on your computer, to see whitch ones ,and the part of the park, that you can hunt on, but none of the parks, allow hunting on sunday. The regulations, for state parks are different, from wild life areas, you can hunt parks, only during the open season, and only where, the map shows, you can. And you can't shoot anything out, within 400feet of a building, path, beach, rest room, etc.

Posted by knockemstiffeng on 01-15-2018 04:07 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by dropthetailgate
Yeah it was a park officer not odnr. I don't mind getting checked for liscene or for potential drinking or any suspicious behavior in general. It's just that I have never been subjected to lectures on laws. And I don't know how else to say it. He was for sure trying to make us feel uneasy about hunting there and he did. It was not a friendly hello type conversation. I've been approached plenty of times hunting and fishing. even by homeland security officers and none have ever lectured. They either chatted or checked inspected the situation but not lectured. That was just way out of the normal. And now that I think about it he stayed till he heard our dog tree 50 yards away before he left.
They are all O.D.N.R.--- Ohio Department of Natural Resources There are different divisions like the Division of Forestry, The Division of Wildlife, The Division of Parks & Watercraft ect. The Watercraft people are new at dealing with hunters and the way the parks are used during the winter months. I hunt our parks and have no problems. Yet.

Posted by knockemstiffeng on 01-20-2018 03:10 AM:

wildlife dogs

Ohio wildlife officers will be checking hunters with dogs in the near future. The dogs will be trained to find hidden game as well as firearms and ginseng.They are also trained to track humans like lost hunters and hikers or trespassers. So be careful were you hunt guys!

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-20-2018 03:14 PM:

I had a Tn Park officer tell me that if he caught my dogs on Park Property again he would shoot them for harassing wildlife. So I don't hunt near Park Property any more.