UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Dog world is changing (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928478059)

Posted by yadkintar on 03-25-2017 08:00 PM:

Dog world is changing

Look at the scores at some of these major hunts man these dogs are treeing some coons I like it and no I am not promoting any other kc just like to see dogs competing treeing coons like that.

Posted by turman on 03-25-2017 08:44 PM:

I think more are starting to place accuracy at the front of the list. Under a coon will win more often then first strike.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 03-25-2017 09:56 PM:

Re: Dog world is changing

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Look at the scores at some of these major hunts man these dogs are treeing some coons I like it and no I am not promoting any other kc just like to see dogs competing treeing coons like that.
I think you mean competition world !! in my world its all ways been a coondog first i dont need to change!!

Posted by CHEWBACH on 03-25-2017 10:03 PM:

yep

Robert you said you wernt promoting any KC !! well KC dont makem coondogs!!! people hunting them do that!! and if you just look!! 99% of the dogs will be registered UKC !!! jmo!!

Posted by yadkinriver on 03-25-2017 11:28 PM:

Personally I think accuracy is improving since a couple of the top reproducing tree monsters are dead and gone and are getting far enough back in a pedigree to allow a little accuracy to seep back in. If people keep linebreeding to the tree monsters they will keep producing them.

Posted by yadkintar on 03-25-2017 11:43 PM:

Carson just ment you know. I absolutly think they are getting more accurate and are getting better at treeing the first coon up no matter what deep and lonely is doing sure are going to be a lot of deep and lonelys for sale lol.

Posted by Elvis Black on 03-25-2017 11:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Personally I think accuracy is improving since a couple of the top reproducing tree monsters are dead and gone and are getting far enough back in a pedigree to allow a little accuracy to seep back in. If people keep linebreeding to the tree monsters they will keep producing them.

I would love to here some names of these tree monsters?

Posted by yadkintar on 03-25-2017 11:56 PM:

They were very stylish at chasing rats lol.

Posted by T Felderman on 03-26-2017 12:53 AM:

Scores seem lot better this week than last.

Posted by Jackson87 on 03-26-2017 06:39 PM:

Me and my friend had this conversation yesterday after chasing some comp cur dogs around for 90 mins.Walked my guts out and they didn't hunt half the woods we put them in.They were go yonder dogs.Competion has changed coon dogs and squirrel dogs forever and it will never go back.I think comp dogs now bark more then ever and tree less coons then they should.There too busy running trash and running away from other dogs to tree every coon in the woods.Jmo.Most won't like it but I'm ok with that.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 03-26-2017 06:43 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson87
Me and my friend had this conversation yesterday after chasing some comp cur dogs around for 90 mins.Walked my guts out and they didn't hunt half the woods we put them in.They were go yonder dogs.Competion has changed coon dogs and squirrel dogs forever and it will never go back.I think comp dogs now bark more then ever and tree less coons then they should.There too busy running trash and running away from other dogs to tree every coon in the woods.Jmo.Most won't like it but I'm ok with that.
Getem Matt!!iam with ya!!

Posted by yadkinriver on 03-26-2017 07:08 PM:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elvis Black
[B]I would love to here some names of these tree monsters? [/B

Now you know better than that Mr. Black. If you say something negative on this forum about man or beast you are going to start an argument or get banned. If you brag on them use all the names you want.
As far as the tree monsters go just look in the third generation of most stud dogs and you will see them. Now this is just my opinion but after over 50 yrs. of coonhunting it"s so obivious even Ray Charles can see it. There are men on here old enough to remember when dogs treed when they got to the end of the track and it didn"t take them too long to get there. The monsters got popular because you could breed a housecat to them and get tree dogs and a lot of the younger hunters as well as some of the older ones liked it. So to prevent an argument just hunt whatever trips your trigger and keep on hunting. We need everybodies support.

Posted by Jackson87 on 03-26-2017 10:41 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Getem Matt!!iam with ya!!

Ive went and spectated several of these big money entry fee hunts.You know what I seen?Everytime zero coons and a hole lot of barking.I left them hunts more confused then ever.Wondering why those guys hunted dogs like that.There supposed to be the best of the best,Elite,Pro but yet they tree very few coons.Im sure there not all like that and there just dogs.

Posted by wjoey on 03-26-2017 10:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Elvis Black
I would love to here some names of these tree monsters?
Yadkintar , Yadkinrver lol

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Posted by yadkintar on 03-26-2017 10:58 PM:

Hey ,hey come back here joe you can't just do a drive by on us like that lol.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 03-26-2017 11:20 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Yadkintar , Yadkinrver lol
X-2 !! yep!!lol

Posted by yadkinriver on 03-27-2017 12:57 AM:

East and west!

Posted by yadkintar on 03-27-2017 01:02 AM:

I am an okie where the dogs are real dogs and the coons are nervous well kinda sorta lol.

Posted by wjoey on 03-27-2017 05:14 AM:

well boys I just watched the nationals and molly never misses but had all dens tonight , sometimes it takes a little luck too but she is a 100 and 100 dog always alone

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Posted by pttm08 on 03-27-2017 01:36 PM:

I am not saying this is the case but maybe dogs know how to smell for buckets these days. Years ago people were proud of there dog going out and treeing coons. Now it is the highest score that means the most. I always thought dogs were supposed to find the dogs not us bring the coons to them. Anyhow.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Posted by CHEWBACH on 03-27-2017 05:36 PM:

hope

I would like to think the mentality of what a coondog should be!!coondog will not change until people change!! what a coondog should and auto do!! and thats the hardest thing to change in people!! everyones definition of what a coondog should be like!! some go far/ some not so far and some hunt close!! its all in definition!! we all have one!!definition!!!some tree a few and some tree a lot ofem!!jmo

Posted by joey on 03-28-2017 12:09 AM:

I've said it a hundred times. You hunt slick Treeing dogs only because you will put up with it. I have a dog right now and I'll invite anyone to hunt with him for a week . You give me $10 for every coon he trees and I will give you $100 for every slick or den. You will owe me money at the end of the week.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by yadkintar on 03-28-2017 12:26 AM:

I know anouther one like that I don't own a hair on him but I am going to breed both these females to him that should finish me up.

Posted by Jackson87 on 03-28-2017 02:20 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I've said it a hundred times. You hunt slick Treeing dogs only because you will put up with it. I have a dog right now and I'll invite anyone to hunt with him for a week . You give me $10 for every coon he trees and I will give you $100 for every slick or den. You will owe me money at the end of the week.

That's a pretty bold invite.You must have a nice dog Joey.

Posted by joey on 03-28-2017 05:50 AM:

I like him, I dont know what makes him different but he just hardly ever trees that I dont find a coon. Made 5 trees Friday all with coons, 2 trees Saturday in a RQE, 1 coon one den and caught one on the ground. Made 6 trees Sunday all 6 had coons. Made 2 in a hunt tonight and both had coons. Thats 15 trees in 4 nights. 14 coon and one den plus caught one on the ground.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too