UKC Forums Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 188 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Female Coon Hunters (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=234337)

Posted by Country AintBad on 10-19-2008 06:57 AM:

Female Coon Hunters

where yall at?

Im trying to prove to a few girls that women/ girls hunt...

Im trying to get them interested. Cause there aint no girls round here who coon hunt.

so im tryin to change that

Possible pics, age, and where yall from

Thanks
Scotty

Posted by bluetickjake on 10-19-2008 01:05 PM:

I know of two

aint a girl but my wife loves to get out and go with us. "(shes too much afraid of the dark to go alne though)" but she has a great time going with us. My daughter also goes and loves it!

Posted by angie/bama on 10-19-2008 01:17 PM:

I live in Ohio and I have hunted since I was 4 been competition hunting since I was 13. there are a few women/girls that hunt but not many.

Posted by byersboy86 on 10-19-2008 01:37 PM:

GF

My Girlfriend decided to finally come out and see what all my excitement was all about. we went out for a short hunt so she could get a taste of it well the dogs treed about 150yrds from the truck. we got to the tree couldnt see the coon we looked hard for 20 or so min. then i told her wel thats huntin. we got back to the truck and she said lets drop'em again THAT WAS FUN!!! that was a month ago we have been out 4 times since she's Hooked'lol

(R.I.P) 'PR' Midnight Mountain Blue Cricket

(R.I.P) 'PR' Midnight Mountain Thunder Gunther

'PR' WCH CH Midnight Mountain Majestic Jewel

'PR' Coffin Brooks Majestic Dancer

Posted by MillsEnglish on 10-19-2008 02:05 PM:

Wife hunts...no matter the walk she will be there every step of the way. Not too uncommon to meet female deer hunters around here but coon hunters its kinda rare. But its a fun sport if more females would give it a chance.

Posted by burdette on 10-19-2008 02:25 PM:

MY WIFE AND 4 YR OLD DAUGHTER HUNT, PLUS I KNOW OF 6 OTHER LADIES WHO HUNT AROUND HERE.

Posted by EerieEyes on 10-19-2008 03:01 PM:

I'm from Central PA and I LOVE coonhunting I'm 23.

Posted by on 10-19-2008 03:09 PM:

There are several women in this area that hit the nite hunts purty regular. They are good handlers and good competion to draw out with. Two of them will judge prolly 90% of the casts they are on and for good reason.

Posted by Laura Bell on 10-19-2008 03:18 PM:

I'm 19yrs old and I've been hunting ever since I can remember. Located in North Eastern Ohio and I'm one dedicated Coon, Deer and Turkey Hunter.
There's plenty of other gals out there that Coon Hunt, I've met a few of them and some of them get on here.

Couple Pics,

Posted by jculler8 on 10-19-2008 03:22 PM:

Here's a pic of my girlfriend out with me... She goes just about every night with me. We like to do a little bit of boozing while out on the weekends! lol

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Posted by Susie on 10-19-2008 03:27 PM:

Ive been hunting coon in Minnesota since i was 10~ Holy cats.. thats 30 years.. yikes..lol.. I also hunt deer, fox, coyote and praire dogs. I usually go out on my own with my hounds... the hubby says hes too old to tromp through the woods all night.. I have two eleven year old nephews that love to tag along now.. so it makes it more fun knowing you're passing your love of the sport on to the next generation~
Here are some pics with friends from down south~

I also enjoy showing my hounds and comp hunting

Posted by MillsEnglish on 10-19-2008 03:35 PM:

Nice pics gives me some hope for my daughters since I have no boys got 2 girls...maybe i can get them into hunting. They sure love dogs I know that. At what age do I start their training? lol

Posted by EEEKennels on 10-19-2008 04:41 PM:

i enjoy going with my husband when i have time. i work second shift. i like being outside and enjoying nature and sound of the dogs. when we got married he had 4 dogs and now we had 11.
i even told him 4 was two to many for one man to have. that was 8 years ago. i enjoy going to the nite hunts and love showing the dogs. win or lose. there are a couple young girls you can count on being at the events in southrtn ohio. my step-daughter used to go all the time. now that she is a teenager
and has new interest and working she don't go much.

Posted by Louise Clark on 10-19-2008 04:52 PM:

One here, 2 a few yrs down the road

Central Arkansas
My daughter will be in the woods when she gets a shy bit older. Hopefully all 3 of my kids will be in the woods with me one day! I know of a fella whose 11 year old daughter hunts with him.
Honestly I don't know very many of my gender that coon hunt, one at a comp hunt and I heard of one young gal that used to with her Dad, but don't know her. Quite a few deer hunt, hadn't seen many in duck blinds or waiting at the ramp to get in the water either for that matter.
My husband has zero interest in it and I have no close by realatives, so when the kids are down for the night I load up a dog or too and find a little patch of woods (AKA paradise!) He jokingly acusses me of loving the dog more than him. Ha ha, me an Reb do spend an awful lot of time together in the woods! Ever once ina while I get to turn loose with some other dogs, which is awesome! Always lookin for someone to go with...
Just my opinion, unless she enjoys going by herself or her relative, husband or boyfriend goes, other than comp hunts (which goes back to having some one close in the sport, can't comp hunt your dog if you're not huntin it), I think you'd be hard pressed to find most women in the woods at night, there's a few of us though. This is not a shot at anyone at all, just my opinion.
I wish you the best of luck gettin the gals interested in this sport!

Posted by MillsEnglish on 10-19-2008 05:05 PM:

Sheesh around here im hard pressed to find anyone that enjoys coon hunting as much as i do. I could go every night if possible. But the guys i do get to hunt with sometimes rarely we get together on the same nights to hunt so...im usually out by myself. Not wild about it but, I make do...i pull no punches when i want to go I go no matter who wants to go. My young dog isnt gonna make a thing standing out there in the kennel. I generally try to go 4 nights a week anyway even if i dont feel much like going I will still go for the dogs sake. Went last night turned loose dog went in and hunted a deep hollow out and didnt bring a bark. She came back and loaded her up and went home.

Part of the reason i didnt push my luck is if she got away from me and went after daylight getting her back black powder season is in and some of these guys shoot anything that moves. I havent decided on tonight but I would like to go for a bit. Wife is off work tomorrow so maybe ill have a hunting partner tonight but with kids 2 and 1 year old need a sitter lol

Posted by Louise Clark on 10-19-2008 05:18 PM:

Mills English,
Man you're right about that, I wait till after the kids go to bed so that counts out a lot of people to go with. Like you I go no matter what, sick, tired, bymyself, whatever, I go! I get up for work no matter what even if it means pulling up loading the dog and going to work... I always feel better though when I get the dog out and tend not to care about the reason I didn't really feel like going in the first place!
I think less people in America would be on mental and physical prescription drugs if they would just coon hunt!

Save on medical costs, buy a COONHOUND!

Muzzleloader season opened this weekend and I'm nervous bout goin too... really don't care to have all those folks in the woods, but on the upside, all that trash and food around the camps might draw coons in specially when all those folks go back to work Monday! I saw one headed to the back side of a deer camp last night on my way home from work... hmmm think Im on to somethin here...

Posted by roosterrun on 10-19-2008 05:39 PM:

My wife and I hunt atleast 5+ nights aweek. I also have a daughter that hunts with us on the weekends. We hunt in some rough areas, ridges , swamps , briar patches and they will be there every step , leading most of the way. They both are as tough a coonhunters then anyone I have ever hunted with.

Posted by BIGCASTLEDAWGS on 10-19-2008 05:40 PM:

I'm Female...

..dont have ANY pix yet but this yr when we make it up to NH we will get some pix in the woods... Hunted from 1973-79 in MA. Same woods and somae hounds my hubby hunted with... but never together. All these yrs later when we met again in 2000... I guess the old spark was still there... Last yr we made a friend on here (thanks mike!) patient enough to take an old fart(me 48) with some physical issues and her eager hubby (Bob) hunting with his hounds. We've only been one time so far... but we'll be hitting the woods again.
I am eternally grateful to the men who took this pain in the neck girl out to follow the hounds! I am even more grateful for the very elderly man who let ME take care of his prized hounds... it meant the world to me. Our conversations his time spent teaching me about life in the old days etc... great memories!

LOVE to see KIDS out in the woods, safely. Means even more to me as a woman to see GIRLS learning the ropes.... the time spent with dads or moms of just caring friends out there is priceless!
WOOoooHOOOoooo! HappyHunting Heather

Posted by MillsEnglish on 10-19-2008 05:41 PM:

This is true it is also great exercise people spend a ton of money on weight loss when all they have to do is get a coon hound and hit the woods. I started back hunting last year at 230 and was down to 190 in no time. Feel a lot better too.

I took up hunting on my own very young a couple guys were hunting down a railroad track in indiana with some beagles and I thought that was really neat they got 4-5 rabbits what time i was watching them so i got me a beagle and trained it at 12 years old and my mom bought me my first gun when i was 13...then took up coon hunting when i moved to kentucky from indiana (wish i would have coon hunted in indiana lol) My parents never had to worry about where i was at during hunting season and when it wasnt i was out running the beagles.

I hope my girls take up something as a hobby that is good for them. Fishing or something...kids grow up way too fast nowadays and get too serious about life way too early.

turning loose on a twinky wrapper sounds good I got a pond im gonna try to turn loose on tonight has 3 deep hollows that all run into it. Should get treed but I hope its not too far up on the mountain lol

Posted by TwinCreekKennel on 10-19-2008 06:08 PM:

My daughter coonhunts and my wife does sometimes with us. My wife deer hunts and she killed a nice ten point buck one year, that would make any man proud! My daughter enjoys being in the woods and listening to our hounds! We are out every weekend that we have off work.

Posted by brindle_boone on 10-19-2008 09:04 PM:

WELLLLLLL......

I AM 14 YEARS OLD AND IN OHIO. MY SISTER, MOM AND I HUNT. I JUST FINISHED MY 5 YEAR OLD PLOTT FEMALE TO UKC NITECHAMPION AND UKC SHOW CHAMPION AND I ALSO JUST WON THE 2008 OHIO STATE YOUTH HUNT WITH HER PUTTING ONE WIN TOWARDS GRAND ON HER.I ALSO WON 6TH/10TH OUT AT PLOTT DAYS 2007 WITH HER. I HUNT CLOSE TO 5 OR 6 NIGHTS A WEEK AND JUDGE MANY CASTS I DRAW IN A COMPETITION HUNT. I HAVE A 19 MONTH OLD ENGLISH FEMALE THAT IS IN THE MAKING OF BEING AN AWSOME COONDOG THAT I RAISED FROM 7 WEEKS OLD. I LOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE TO HUNT!!! ITS THE BEST SPORT I HAVE EVER GOT INTO!!!!! I ALSO WRITE IN UKC'S COONHOUND BLOODLINES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION NEWS COLUMN. GET THOSE GIRLS OUT THERE AND SHOW THEM HOW MUCH FUN IT IS! ALSO TELL THEM HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BEAT A BUNCH OF BOYS!!!LOL...ALSO LET THEM KNOW THE ADRENALINE RUSH WHEN THEIR YOUNG HOUND DOES SOMETHING GREAT!!ANOTHER GIRL COONHUNTER I HAD THE PLEASURE TO HUNT WITH THIS YEAR IS AUTUMN CLEMENTS FROM CANADA. SHE IS COOL!

HERE IS A MALE DOG OFF OF DAWN THAT WE WILL BE GETTING IN THE SPRING AND COMPAINING HIM IN THE HUNTS! WE MADE THIS CROSS ON OUR OWN BETWEEN DAWN AND OUR 12 YEAR OLD MALE, JEBB.

HERE IS JEBB TREED!

DAWN TREED

PLEASE ENJOYTHE PICTURES AND TRY TO GET THOSE GIRLS OUT IN THE WOODS!!!

GIRLPOWER!!!

HAPPY HUNTING AND TAKE CARE
KELLIE

Kellie Haney
HOME OF:
*GRNITECH GRCH PR MORGAN'S LOSSES HILLS DAWN* CO-OWNED WITH REX MORGAN
-#1 CURRENT TOP REPRODUCING PLOTT FEMALE
-2010 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRAND NITE CHAMPION PLOTT

*PR Dundee Bottoms Wild Shamrock*

**IN LOVING MEMORY OF:**
*NITECH CH PR GIMME THREE STEPS MISTER*

Posted by Candianblueboy on 10-20-2008 12:06 AM:

My daughter has coon hunted with me since she could walk and now my grand daughter is following in her foot steps as she is out any night I will carry her. Here is a pic after the blues treed up in a big beaver flood and we had to wade in to them.

My future partner coon hunting and fishing. What more can a grandfather ask for.

Posted by Country AintBad on 10-20-2008 12:14 AM:

well thanks girls and husbands....
i have prove now....

Laura nice buck....and good luck hunting

Kellie great job.....i am speechless....

susie nice black and tans.....good luck

Candianblueboy.....i hope to some day have my kids and grand kids in the woods....

were all boys here.....i take my little brothers now and then....whenthe mom lets them go....

i realized aint no southern girls on here coon hunting.....

nice pics every body keep them comin

Posted by MillsEnglish on 10-20-2008 12:14 AM:

Gah I dread those beaver floods myself. Had one tree in a sycamore one night out in the middle of a beaver flood of a creek. Water was up to my chest and the dogs just happened to have a little island of drift wood to stand on to tree. I saw fish swimming by me a foot long or longer lol

Posted by Country AintBad on 10-20-2008 12:21 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by TwinCreekKennel
My daughter coonhunts and my wife does sometimes with us. My wife deer hunts and she killed a nice ten point buck one year, that would make any man proud! My daughter enjoys being in the woods and listening to our hounds! We are out every weekend that we have off work.

i added yall on myspace