UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 34 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Insane Cane (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=280523)

Posted by moon on 06-06-2009 04:32 AM:

Insane Cane

Anyone know this dog or can anyone tell me anything about this dog.

Posted by BFClover on 06-06-2009 02:01 PM:

We have an appointment sunday to breed my partners coma female to him, from all the research we did he is going to be the next big stud dog. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow. Everyone says turpin is a great guy.

Posted by meandoldred on 06-06-2009 06:47 PM:

DITTTO ...

quote:
Originally posted by BFClover
We have an appointment sunday to breed my partners coma female to him, from all the research we did he is going to be the next big stud dog. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow. Everyone says turpin is a great guy.
MY PREDICTION IS HE WILL BE THE NEXT HOUSE'S LIPPER. AND YOU WILL NOT MEET A FINER GENTLEMAN THAN JAMES TURPIN. WHILE THERE TO BREED MY BUDDIES DOG , HE RELEASED TWO PUPS ( 5 MONTHS AND 6 MONTHS OLD ) AND WHILE WE WERE STANDING AROUND TALKING, THEY CAME TREED ON A SQUIRREL. IT'S EASY TO IMPRESS A REDBONE MAN, BUT BELIEVE ME , I WAS IMPRESSED.

Posted by BFClover on 06-08-2009 12:51 PM:

we had a great experiece with james. I cannot say enough what a nice guy he is. Cain is a great lookin hound. We didn't have any luck getting her bred so he let us leave her for a few days. He had some really nice looking pups out of Cain that we got to see. I would recommend Breeding To Cain to anyone.

Posted by johnny altman on 06-08-2009 02:57 PM:

james is 1st class

www.altmanspressurewash.com

Posted by BFClover on 06-09-2009 04:46 AM:

btt

Posted by moon on 06-09-2009 05:27 AM:

Glad to hear such good things about him. I am thinkin about breeding my female to him this fall and i would like to know how his pups are doing. I dont think there are any very old yet but if anyone has any info on them it would be appreciated.

Posted by moon on 06-10-2009 12:43 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Fox Trotter
Go to Turpins kennels .com and you will see all you need to see.

Ive tried that site several different ways and cant find anything.

Posted by meandoldred on 06-10-2009 01:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by moon
Ive tried that site several different ways and cant find anything.
www.turpinkennels.com

Posted by ronald schultz on 06-10-2009 03:18 PM:

could someone who "KNOWS!!!" post some info on him

hunting style , genetic traits that he should or at least hopefully should pass on, how he was raised and trained and campaigned...

Posted by moon on 06-10-2009 04:29 PM:

Re: could someone who "KNOWS!!!" post some info on him

quote:
Originally posted by ronald schultz
hunting style , genetic traits that he should or at least hopefully should pass on, how he was raised and trained and campaigned...

Thank u Ronald. everybody wants to campaign for him but dont seem to be telling me anything about the dog or his offspring. Ive met James myself and he is a nice guy and seems to be a straight shooter. Im not wanting a judge of character, I want to know if anyone ever hunted with cain or has any pups that are doing anything yet.

Posted by BFClover on 06-11-2009 09:13 PM:

Re: Re: could someone who "KNOWS!!!" post some info on him

quote:
Originally posted by moon
Thank u Ronald. everybody wants to campaign for him but dont seem to be telling me anything about the dog or his offspring. Ive met James myself and he is a nice guy and seems to be a straight shooter. Im not wanting a judge of character, I want to know if anyone ever hunted with cain or has any pups that are doing anything yet.

His oldest pups are not even a year old yet and none of the oldest can seem to be bought that should to tell you something. I also look at the person that is campaining the dog as much as i look at the dog itself. The main reason is if the breeder is experienced and has seen what traits he likes and dislikes in dogs over a great many years than he probly knows more than i do. Also look at the dogs that turpin has had through the years, Rube, Insane Jane, the man knows dogs. He would not campain a dog that is not worthy. Time will tell on cains pups, but what a pedigree. My friend ended up breeding to Turpins new Stud Dog "Turpin's Stylish Clyde" after Cain injured himself breeding another female. His injuries are very short term and he will be breeding to cain in the near future.

Posted by Chiggers on 06-11-2009 11:30 PM:

I hunted with Cain, he Is Lightning Fast on Track opening about every 40 to fifty yards, falls Treed instantly and Plants his feet like a Statue and Trees with an Every Breath Chop. runs with kind of a Squall and Trees with a Hard Chop. James got him back as a Pup in on the Deal with Jane, he Raised and Trained him, he was Treeing coon way before he was a Year Old. I don't know about the dogs out of him but I saw him turn 3 four month old pups out of him loose and they Ran for the woods and Treed a Squirrel.

Posted by johnny altman on 09-24-2009 06:40 PM:

im looking for a name for a male pup off cain, any ideas

www.altmanspressurewash.com

Posted by Virgil on 09-24-2009 06:55 PM:

For you boys looking for a cain pup I got a buddy who has one for sale. Around 8 months old and never been to the woods. His brother bought it as a pup and got down in his back and had to have back surgery a couple weeks back and cant hunt. This pup is a male and out of a GrNite female.

Posted by SLICK50 on 09-24-2009 08:30 PM:

THis dog hasn't produced anything yet and you guys are already comparing him to Lipper. SHows how many people can be fooled by those almighty colored ads!!! Time will tell how good of a reproducer he will be and I hope he will make history heard Mr. Turpin is a fine feller. but comparing him to Lipper already

Posted by James N on 09-25-2009 02:46 AM:

She is a nice looking pup, looks like she is going to be a big one too.

Posted by blackdawg on 09-25-2009 08:48 AM:

Re: Re: Re: could someone who "KNOWS!!!" post some info on him

quote:
Originally posted by BFClover
His oldest pups are not even a year old yet and none of the oldest can seem to be bought that should to tell you something. I also look at the person that is campaining the dog as much as i look at the dog itself. The main reason is if the breeder is experienced and has seen what traits he likes and dislikes in dogs over a great many years than he probly knows more than i do. Also look at the dogs that turpin has had through the years, Rube, Insane Jane, the man knows dogs. He would not campain a dog that is not worthy. Time will tell on cains pups, but what a pedigree. My friend ended up breeding to Turpins new Stud Dog "Turpin's Stylish Clyde" after Cain injured himself breeding another female. His injuries are very short term and he will be breeding to cain in the near future.

Clyde is a fine hound. I don't think you went wrong breeding to him. I'm not a walker man, but I have hunted with this hound, and would not hesitate to take a female to him. He is a full littermate to Insane Jane.

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Posted by dsa1 on 10-12-2009 12:50 AM:

insane cain pup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StRalX7rWc
3 1/2 months old 1st coon she has seen.

ROGER

Posted by t fox on 10-12-2009 03:24 PM:

pups

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT CAIN HAS A LITTER OF PUPS ON THE GROUND THAT IS AROUND 3 YEARS OLD.

GRNITE, CH, MEADOW CREEK JOE
GRNITE, CH, YADKIN RIVER MISSY

Posted by dsa1 on 10-12-2009 04:18 PM:

2 dogs up here around 3 yrs old. 1 is nc now an soon to be gr n.
other has 1st towards nc. bin in 2 hunts i believe.both females.

ROGER

Posted by t fox on 10-19-2009 06:47 PM:

BTT

BTT

GRNITE, CH, MEADOW CREEK JOE
GRNITE, CH, YADKIN RIVER MISSY

Posted by dsa1 on 10-19-2009 10:49 PM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E505_1JHjY4
this female just needs 2 cast win for nc bin in 3 hunts i think.
split treed,you can hear other dog at his tree.both had coons.

this dog is nc now an needs a couple cast win for grn.

here's a vid of another cain pup 5 months old on his 1st drag.

ROGER

Posted by dsa1 on 10-26-2009 07:39 PM:

the female on bench above got another nc hunt win sat night.

ROGER

Posted by dsa1 on 07-25-2011 02:30 PM:

back up

1 win towards nc..

ROGER