UKC Forums Pages (77): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Show all 1925 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56)
-- Misty River Kennels (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928373315)

Posted by Misty river on 09-07-2014 01:11 AM:

Gin

After Me and Mr. Jerry Wheat and Mr. Kevin Frizelle finished hunting last nite. I decided to take Gin out for a run. 1st drop, she hunted out about 300 yrds. I was watching her on the Garmin and I thought she was trying to work an old cold track, but she never opened and after awhile she came back in and I loaded her up and headed to the river. I turned her loose close to a feeder and she struck pretty quick and went about 50 yrds and treed. She didn't tree very hard, but she treed enough for me to get to her. She was standing on the tree when I got there. It didn't take me long to find the coon. I decided to knock this one out to her. I walked back to the 4-wheeler and got the rifle. I shot at the coon 3 or 4 times to find out later that my rifle was shooting about 4 inches low. The coon quit looking so I walked around the tree and finally found the coon again. He started getting nervous and I shot at him again and he started down the tree. I went in under the tree to shoot him out before he jumped, but I was too late. He jumped out and almost ran over me. Gin was throwing a fit and when I got her unleashed toward the river they went. She ran him for about 400 yrds and treed again, and this time she was really treeing. I got on the 4-wheeler and went back around toward the river, I thought she was in a lot of thick stuff, but she was across on the other side of the bad stuff on the river bank. I went in to her and she was treed up a large oak covered with vines that went into some more large trees. I shined for a while, but never could find him. I went in to the tree and petted Gin up some and told her we would get him another night and we came in, it was about 4 oclock. Friday nite 9-5-14

Posted by ClaytonDaniels on 09-07-2014 07:45 AM:

Doll V & Tramp

Pictures of the hunt tonight.

601-466-3107

Posted by steve bankston on 09-07-2014 12:42 PM:

PICTURES

That's great pictures of 2 fine looking hounds!

Posted by Misty river on 09-08-2014 12:11 AM:

Tramp & Doll V

Thank you for the compliment Steve. We Have been having some fun with these hounds. The two hounds in the picture are litter mates Clayton and I hunted last night and had a real good hunt. We went down south of here and hunted a place on Pearl River that I had never hunted. I had hunted there a time or two Squirrel hunting, but not coonhunting. We turned the dogs North up Pearl River and they left on the run. They went in about 400 yrds and struck a working track, steadily moving up river. We kept moving up to stay in hearing of them. About the third time we stopped to listen, Doll locked up treed, a couple of seconds later Tramp locked up with her. We listened to them tree for a few minutes and made our way in to them. They were treed up a large oak, the one that is in the picture. We found the coon pretty quick and decided to leave this one to run again. We walked away from the tree and once again turned them loose headed upriver. We sat on the 4-wheelers watching the Garmins and just enjoying the peacefulness of thee night. Then from about 500 yrds upriver we heard the bawl of Tramp breaking the stillness of the night as he struck another masked wanderer, followed quickly by the squall of doll as they moved the track steadily north upriver. We had to get on the move to keep them in hearing distance. We stopped to listen and check the garmins at intervals to make sure we were headed in the right direction, about the 4th time we stopped to listen the were treed and we were about 800 yrds from them. We kept trying to get closer on the 4-wheelers, but when we got as far as we could go on them, we were still about 500 yrds. from the dogs so we left the 4-wheelers and started walking. Just before we got to the dogs we came up on a small stream with about 30 foot bluffs on each side. We made our way across to the dogs that had been treed close to an hour and it was hot last night. We petted the dogs up some, Mostly to let me cool of some. There was an old deer plot about 15 feet on the other side of the tree and this gave us a good place to shine from. They were treed up another large oak and Clayton found the coon pretty quick. We decided to reward the dogs for their good work and shot this one out to them. After the dogs got thru with him we walked back out to the deer plot. Clayton said he was pretty sure he knew where we were and that he would go back and get one of the 4-wheelers and bring it around. I tried to talk him out of it. HA, but he insisted so away he went and it wasn't too long before he was back with the 4-wheeler, but I know he had a long walk. We went back and got the other 4-wheeler and called it a night. Saturday Nite 9-6-14

Posted by Misty river on 09-09-2014 09:11 AM:

Tramp, Doll V and Sally

Me and Clayton took Tramp and Doll out to start with, Well let me back up a little, when I left my house I had laid my Garmin on top of my dog box and while on the way to claytons house it fell off. I didn't miss it until I got to claytons. So we drove back to my house looking for it. It wasn't laying in the road and that was good for we knew that at least no one would run over it. So we went back to Claytons and put one of his collars on Tramp and went hunting. 1st drop we turned them into a swamp off the side of a small woods road. They went in about 300 yrds and struck a cold track, worked it another 150 yrds and treed. We listened to them tree a few minutes, and then made our way to them. When we got to the tree I realized I had left my red lens in the truck so I couldn't help shine, for a coon won't look at my white light with out a red lens on it, and it was real thick in there. Clayton shined for a while but could not find the coon. 2nd drop, we went farther down the swamp and turned them up the side of an old dummyline. They went in a short distance and just fell treed. We walked in to them and Clayton shined the tree, but could not get him to look. We went back to Claytons and put doll up and got his Sally pup. We went down another woods roadand turned Tramp and Sally down into another swamp. They left on the run. Sally stayed with Tramp for about 400 yrds and she decided they were getting a little out of her range. She has been doing really good running good and treeing some, but she had never been hunted with Tramp and that makes a big difference to a 7 mo. old pup. Tramp went on in to about 550 yrds and struck a good track and moved it back toward us a couple hundred yrds and treed. We started in to him. It was pretty rough in there, but we finally made our way in to him. He was treed up a large oak and I still didn't have my red lens so clayton had to do the shining. He walked out a piece from the tree and I shook a vine and the coon looked at him. We petted ole Tramp up a little and made our way back to the 4-wheelers and called it a night. After I got back to the house I decided I would unload my 4-wheeler and go look for my Garmin, Luckly I found it laying beside the road about 600 yrds from the house, It was OK, Just a few scratches where it had hit the highway. Monday 9-8-14

Posted by myers on 09-09-2014 12:13 PM:

mr jack I was lookin at my young dogs papers and was wondering about a cross you made with tramp and brushy creek blue sue? this cross produced a dog named mighty blue bobbie sue. can you tell me alittle bit about these females? I jus find it interesting to find out about some of the older dogs on my papers. thank you.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Posted by Misty river on 09-10-2014 01:27 AM:

Mr. Myers

I remember the female Brushy Creek Blue Sue. She was owned by Mr. Carl Lanier of Pine Grove, La.. Mr. Lanier past away a few years back. He was a good friend and a good guy to hunt with. I hunted with Sue several times, she was a good hound all the way around and had a real mouth on her. I remember when Mr. Carl bred her to Tramp. I think it was around the year 1999. I know she had a nice litter of good looking pups. I went down to see them when they were about 5 or 6 weeks old. I don't know where they all went. About the only one that I remember was the other female that you mentioned out of Sue and Tramp, named Mighty Blue Bobby Sue. She was owned by a guy that lived down around Kentwood La. I know him, but his name slips my mine right now. I hope this helps some Mr Myers, good hearing from you. If I can ever be of any help to you, just let me know.

Posted by Misty river on 09-10-2014 07:57 AM:

Tramp & Gin

I took Tramp and Gin to a place that I hunt a few miles south of here on Pearl River. I turned them in on an ole slough that runs through the swamp Tramp turned north down the slough. Gin went strait east and crossed the slough. They are both pretty independent, I think gin a little more so than Tramp. Tramp struck a pretty good track about 350 yrds down the slough. I thought Gin might pick up and go to him, but she acted like she didn't even hear him and kept going her way. In a few minutes I heard Gin Strike about 300 yrds in. She was working a feed track and moving it pretty good. I had to move on toward Tramp and split the difference between them because he was getting deep. Tramp bumped a tree and then moved on. About that time I heard Gin lock up treed. I went toward her on the 4-wheeler and got to within about 100 yrds of her and got the rifle and walked on in to her. She was treeing good. I walked up to the tree and petted her a minute. She was treed up a large oak near the edge of a pretty good size slough, luckily she was on my side. I've noticed thru the years of my coonhunting that it don't happen a lot that the dogs tree on the same side of the slough that your on. Anyway I backed off to where I could see the tree and the coon was looking at me. I knocked him out to her. and after petting her up some. We headed for the 4-wheeler. When I got there I barely could hear Tramp treed. He had done got hot and he wasn't treeing very hard. We got to about 200 yrds of him and had to walk, I turned Gin loose. I thought She would go to him and she was headed that way, but she struck something about 100 yrds from him and she was burning it up. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a coon. Tramp pulled to her, but he never opened. She ran it about 100 yrds and hit a tree about 3 times and hushed and I didn't hear her anymore. I went around on another road and picked them up. I made one more drop and they went in about 150 yrds and just fell treed. I went in to them and they were treed up a huge gum tree. It was loaded with leaves and if he was there I didn't see him. I leashed the dogs and we went back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.Wednesday 9-9-14

Posted by HILLBILLYS BLU on 09-10-2014 03:49 PM:

Sounds to me like you've got a whole kennel of young dogs turnin the crank!! There's not a more deserving man. Take care My Friend.

Posted by CodyKennels on 09-11-2014 02:26 PM:

Blue Lake Female

This is my female out of Lake. I call her Echo. I got her from Mr. Jack, and I absolutely love this little female. I've got a pup booked right now. Can't say enough good things about Mr. Jack, or his dogs. Thanks for giving me a chance to own a nice hound.

Posted by CodyKennels on 09-11-2014 02:29 PM:

Posted by CodyKennels on 09-11-2014 02:32 PM:

Posted by Misty river on 09-12-2014 03:42 AM:

Codykennels

Chase, good to hear from you, I'm glad Echo is doing a good job for you. You sure got her looking good. Sure would like to go hunting with her again sometime when it gets a little cooler. The pups are getting their eyes open. They are some pretty little rascals. Ole Sheba has really took care of them. They should be some good ones.

Posted by Scott VH on 09-12-2014 01:07 PM:

Gin

Sounds like Gin is real independent. Her Momma is the same way. Gene Wolfenbarger told me he did not think I would ever see her on a tree with another dog. I have but it is only if they back her. Nice to hear about how she is making progress.

Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Posted by Misty river on 09-12-2014 05:04 PM:

Sheba Puppy Picture

This is a picture of Nite Ch.Gr.Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Sheba and pups 0ff Ch.Gr.Nite Ch. "PR" Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus. Their eyes are opening and they are just beginning to turn blue. They were born 8-30-14.

Posted by Kenny357 on 09-12-2014 05:22 PM:

Sheba

Jack, she sure is pretty!

Posted by steve bankston on 09-12-2014 11:55 PM:

PUPS

Good looking batch of pups MR. Jack. Sheba is a fine looking hound also. If I didn't have a yard full already I would have to get one of these. They cant help but make coon hounds with the blood these pups have. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Posted by Misty river on 09-13-2014 03:21 AM:

Steve and Kenny

Thank you both for your compliments on Sheba and her pups, Sheba and her sister Doll 1V have always been good females. They both would have been Dual Grands years ago if I made the nite hunts like I use too, but about the time they came along I was slowing down and didn't make very many nite hunts, but I still love to hunt as much as ever.

Posted by Misty river on 09-15-2014 03:21 AM:

Bluetick Zone Winners

Congratulations and best wishes to all the bluetick winners in all the Zones that are on their way to the World Championship Finals.

Posted by Misty river on 09-17-2014 12:07 AM:

Misty River Blue Gin

Hunted Gin alone last night, 1st drop She went hunting made a circle about 200 yrds came back not a bark. I loaded her up and we headed for the river. 2nd drop she left on the run and went in about 100 yrds and struck a good track on an ole dry slough moved it in about another 100 yrds and treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a big oak that was covered with vines that went over into other trees. I looked for a while and shook a few vines, I think she had him, but I never could get him to look at me. I went in and petted her up some and we called it a night.

Posted by Scott VH on 09-17-2014 12:24 AM:

Gin

Nice Picture, She sure looks like her Mamma. I enjoy reading about her progress. I am keeping two half sisters of her here and one is going south to Alabama.
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Posted by steve bankston on 09-17-2014 02:30 AM:

GIN

Very good looking gyp MR. Jack. She has really progressed fast for you from when you first started posting on her. Really nice picture. Take care.

Posted by ClaytonDaniels on 09-17-2014 02:50 AM:

Look who's figured out the picture posting and a nice picture as well. She looks nice on the tree!

601-466-3107

Posted by Misty river on 09-20-2014 08:48 AM:

Tramp & Shadow

Jeremy came over and brought Shadow to hunt tonight, sure was good to get out with those two again. First drop we went down to a place just south of here. We turned them loose and they both left on the run. They went in on an ole slough and opened a few times, but never could do anything with the track so we picked them up on down the road that we came in on. We moved on down the swamp a piece and cast them again on another slough. They went in on the slough and struck another cold track. They worked it down the slough a ways and treed. We let them tree for a few minutes and walked in to them. We shined for several minutes and decided that they had probably missed this one. We decided to come back to my house and see if the coons were moving any better. 1st drop they went in and just fell treed. We walked in and shined but it was so thick in there that we couldn't see anything. We left from there and went on down the swamp a ways and turned loose and they didn't go far and locked up treed again. We walked in to them and they were treed up a big Turkey pine. There were several other trees, big and small all around it and we couldn't get to where we could see anything, so we leashed up the dogs and came in. It was getting late amd Jeremy had a lot to do in the morning

Posted by Misty river on 09-20-2014 09:30 AM:

Tramp "WHAT HAPPENED"

Last night after Jeremy left. I was still wanting to hunt, so me and tramp went to the river. I turned him loose headed up an ole slough. He went in a couple hundred yrds and struck a pretty good track. He ran the track about 300 yrds up the slough and treed. He was treeing good so I just listened to him for a few minutes. I moved on up t he old woods road that I was on until I was about even with him and I could tell that he was either across or almost on the other side of the slough. The water in there is from knee deep to waist deep. You had to be careful wadding it. You know how it is when you are wanting to get to your treed dog. I thought my backtracker would never pick up. It finally did and I started to him and I noticed tramp had stopped barking treed and when I got to the edge of the slough I heard something coming in the water. I looked and it was tramp and he was coming fast. He went by me like the Devil himself was whipping him. I called him, but he didn't check up. I followed him back to the 4-wheeler and looked and he wasn't there. I looked at my Garmin to see where he was at. He was a few yrds on the other side of the 4-wheeler. I called him back to me and he came in like he was scared. I petted him for a few minutes and checked him over to see if he was alright. I couldn't find anything wrong with him. I could understand something like this if I had ever whipped him or shocked him for off game or anything like that, but he has never ran anything but a coon and I have never whipped or shocked him, and all the years of my hunting I have never seen one of my dogs do this. We came in and called it a night. I will think about this one for a while.