UKC Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Spaying a female (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928520046)

Posted by dgwesley56 on 07-12-2019 01:26 AM:

Spaying a female

I’m thinking about having my female spayed because she got an infectwhen she had pups. I’m wanting to know if anyone has had this done to their female and if you did did it affect her. What could be the good or bad from your experience.

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 07-12-2019 04:06 AM:

I've had good experiences and bad. I prefer to spay a female that I know I will not breed, especially one that come in irregular. Bad, I had one die after being spayed.

Posted by dgwesley56 on 07-12-2019 05:55 PM:

Spayed

Thanks for them reply hunting buddies are telling me she won’t be any good if I have it done

Posted by Rolin Blues on 07-12-2019 06:42 PM:

poor advice

Should have no effect on dog. I've had several in 60+ years that were spayed or friends with good dogs that had it done too.

Lost an outstanding female because she got infection after pupping & vet wanted to remove uterus. Didn't let him do it & she died from infection. Would have loved to have her around a lot longer, even if she couldn't have more pups. JMO. Take care, Ron.

Posted by Cleo on 07-12-2019 07:20 PM:

Do what the vet tells you. Keep her quiet, in a cool, clean place for 14 days. She will be good to go after that!

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"