UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- pg 600 (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928273410)

Posted by jboord on 09-29-2012 10:27 PM:

pg 600

Has any one ever used it and what are the side effects I have a female. That hasn't came. In in 18 months. She is four yearsold.

Posted by jboord on 09-30-2012 12:13 AM:

/

Btt

Posted by Majestic Tree H on 09-30-2012 12:30 AM:

No side effects !! It Works very well and Quick .. And for a 4 year old it will actualy be quite benificial for her ..

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Posted by jboord on 09-30-2012 12:38 AM:

/

She use to cycle regular. But she has stoped here recently. Will it put her back on a normal cycle

Posted by Oak Ridge on 09-30-2012 01:45 AM:

Have her thyroid checked prior to giving it to her.

Posted by JCaldwell on 09-30-2012 02:25 AM:

My only worry is that it may cause her body do be dependent on it to come in I have seen that happen with it in other animals. Hope it works for you but I always say do things natural if you can. Good luck

Posted by jar on 09-30-2012 04:17 PM:

pg 600

anyone know where I can go to read up on this??

Posted by Andy Miller on 09-30-2012 04:59 PM:

i used it with great success ...i dont no for sure where to ook for info. on this ....but they use it for breeding hogs .when a giult wont come in heat they give them this med.

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 09-30-2012 07:38 PM:

Re: pg 600

quote:
Originally posted by jar
anyone know where I can go to read up on this??

I think if you would do a search for pg 600 for dogs you would find all kinds of info.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Majestic Tree H on 09-30-2012 09:10 PM:

If any doubt Call the Dr. at Revival Animal Health

from Revival Animal Health

Bitch problems are a popular topic among breeders, but the truth is, most bitches have no problems. Bitches do everything to maintain their body and if there is excess, they reproduce. The number one issue that costs us money is bitches that are not cycling. If we have a number of females are not cycling, the first thing to look at is their diet and vitamins. Poor quality protein and imbalanced vitamins can be the cause, and you can correct cycling if they have the right diet, vitamins and minerals.

In the wild dog pack, one or two alpha bitches will cycle, while the rest do not. There may be 4 or more females, but their ovaries will stay in anestrous (quiet ovary) and out of heat. This is good - the best genetics will breed while the rest contribute to feeding. Skipping heats can send normal adult bitches into anestrous as well.

It's hard on bitches to rest them and intermittently breed them. Typically the first litter after the "rest" is difficult for the bitch and there will also be fewer weaned puppies. However, if we do a good job feeding and whelping females, they can cycle again with no issues at their normal 6-month interval.

We also see this phenomenon in the kennel with the young female. We'll skip heats to get the dog physically and mentally ready to raise a litter, but then they stop cycling. Small breeds and especially poodles are notorious for doing this. This dog is easily started again!

What to do if I have females not cycling?

First, make sure everything is normal with your system, especially with their diet. Ask your veterinarian for help if there is any debate.

Put the females on a vitamin mineral supplement daily. More vitamin and mineral issues have been diagnosed in the last few years - there are many reasons, but the important thing is: they are easy to correct. While bringing them in we want optimum levels in the female. I like Doc Roy'sŪ Daily Care as it is easy to use, it's made in the USA, and it's economical.

In pigs, PG 600 is the hormone used to start cycling in gilts. It knocks the scar tissue off the ovary, allowing the ovary to start cycling. Dogs also respond well to PG 600 - use at 1cc/20 pounds. For the best results, give the first two doses 5 days apart, then weekly until in heat. Many breeders will say Monday and Friday and then every Friday. Most are in heat by the third week, but if there is any question you can give one more injection, with a maximum of 6 injections.

PG 600 is a great management tool and I commonly use it in young females who are old enough to breed but are not coming in or have an irregular heat cycle. We are 80% successful at getting these maiden females to cycle again. If there is one tool you can use to manage your females more effectively, it's PG 600 to keep your bitches cycling regularly, for healthier moms and pups every time.

Dr. B

http://www.revivalanimal.com/PG-600.html

The NUMBER 1 Imbalance is Magnesium .. Some Dog can Tolerate Lower levels of the Minerial Others will go as far as Tremmors / Missed Cycles / Pen Pacing ect.

Here is another Good Artical on Magnesium http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions..._hypomagnesemia

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Posted by jboord on 10-02-2012 02:41 AM:

/

btt