UKC Forums Pages (15): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Show all 365 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Most Famous Coonhound (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=241956)

Posted by dogbait on 12-13-2008 04:59 AM:

mudman

you are verry wrong.go to his house at feeding time and look wat you see then you will not be saying that.freand of mine went to kennys house and got a verry big suprice that is why it is best to check a breeder out first befor buying pups.k a was not home the wife showed the dogs to him at feeding time.go see his dogs how they are kept and taken care of you then will look at things diferent.chris you know me i am garrett you and i hunted with david boggs when you was at his house

Posted by dogbait on 12-13-2008 05:04 AM:

historynutt

contact gary wheeler in maryland he can educate you on yadkin river dogs he's hunted all the great ones. gary is where frank got old sacket from,and i hope this helps you.

Posted by pookie40 on 12-13-2008 05:10 AM:

If there where 15 walkers and 15 blueticks , 2 plotts , 8 english , and 45 , redbones ,and 5 , black & tans..... be honest now who do think would win the U.K.C. WORLD HUNT.??

A REDBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by dogbait on 12-13-2008 05:19 AM:

pookie

i have lived in ky all my life and hunted with onley 1 red dog that was a COON DOG and he was owened by dee adkins in ky and that was maney years ago but that red dog learnt us wat a COON DOG was and we never ever sean one cence worth feeding.we had like 25 dogs between 4 of us and that red dog made us cull all of them but 1 walker dog and it was young and made a coon dog out of him.i like walkers better becals in the long run i like dogs that train easer that is why i am a walker man you just need the rite line.

Posted by NEOKHUNTER on 12-13-2008 05:32 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by pookie40
If there where 15 walkers and 15 blueticks , 2 plotts , 8 english , and 45 , redbones ,and 5 , black & tans..... be honest now who do think would win the U.K.C. WORLD HUNT.??

A REDBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe a Enflish Dog just did it!

Posted by adam linville on 02-13-2009 02:50 PM:

The best dog that is living is eaither trackman or sunrise

Posted by C. Beyer on 02-15-2009 04:00 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bluefrost316
The most Famous Coon Dog that ever lived was Jerry Clower's Hi-Bawl.......Thought everyone knew that!!

Yep

616-262-2785
Twin Oaks Kennels
SPIKE BEYER, HIS LEGACY LIVES ON!
PR' Twin Oak's CrossCut BoZo R.I.P.
Twin Oak's NextGen. Jewel
**TEAM TIMBER**
COONDOG UP*ENGLISH STYLE*
CoonDog Mafia

Posted by critter on 02-15-2009 05:15 AM:

giving away my age

Havnt read whole post but my vote goes to 3 time world champion Merchants Bawlie.

Posted by wishiwashunting on 02-15-2009 05:29 AM:

Plott Hound

World Champion Howell's Bayou Shorty, owned by Roy Howell in the late 1970's.

Home of the Roamin Kennels
PR' Lawyers Roamin Locktight Lucky (Plott)
PR' Lawyer's Atchafalaya Queen (Bluetick) RIP
PR' Lawyer's Roamin Cazadora "Cassie" (Walker) RIP

Posted by Blue Iron on 02-15-2009 05:56 AM:

Most "famous" coon hounds ever, Billy Coleman's Dan and Ann.

Walker=Lipper

Bluedog=Spanky

Engsligh=Swamp Rooster

Black and Tan=Tenn Fiddler

Plott=? Buckeye Bud?

Redbone=See above

Maybe not the best, but the most "famous" as I see it.

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Posted by micooner on 02-15-2009 06:32 AM:

Wouldn't you have to give some credit to BanjoII and what he sold for at the time and the publicity he garnered. Then Finley River Chief and the blueticks of Dave Dean,,,Hammmer

Posted by glucking on 02-15-2009 05:30 PM:

GR NITE CH PR HUNTER'S FAMOUS AMOS

he had 52 first trees out of 54 in the purina hunts won redbone days purina and placed 5th in world also a good reproducer thats one FAMOUS red dog then theres GR NITE CH NIGHTY NITE MOONLIGHT KATE she won redbone days purina and 12th in world hunt she is great reproducer and is 2x AMOS

Posted by Tbaker on 02-15-2009 05:41 PM:

I think-

Most famous does not equal Best Hound, In my honest opinion, The Best hound belongs to a hunter that does not go to comp. hunts and enjoys his hound nite after nite hunting him for pleasure- He is a no-name fella with a unkown hound that lives under a porch somewhere.

Now to get back to the original topic,

The most famous hound is the dog that was was a outstanding hound that was campained heavy and advertised heavier to get there name out and known to the public.

Posted by m4rcut on 02-15-2009 05:44 PM:

Re: I think-

quote:
Originally posted by Tbaker
Most famous does not equal Best Hound, In my honest opinion, The Best hound belongs to a hunter that does not go to comp. hunts and enjoys his hound nite after nite hunting him for pleasure- He is a no-name fella with a unkown hound that lives under a porch somewhere.

Now to get back to the original topic,

The most famous hound is the dog that was was a outstanding hound that was campained heavy and advertised heavier to get there name out and known to the public.

yeah i think what the post is asking is for the most famous dog that people know about. Im pretty sure some dog that lives under a front porch isn't FAMOUS, he's just a dog. To be famous a dog has to be in the public eye

Handler of:
GRNTCH SILVERCH MTN TOP'S WAX
'09 Winter Classic overall hunt winner
'08 JR Superstakes Reserve Ch

Posted by m4rcut on 02-15-2009 05:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by adam linville
The best dog that is living is eaither trackman or sunrise

hahahahahaha

Handler of:
GRNTCH SILVERCH MTN TOP'S WAX
'09 Winter Classic overall hunt winner
'08 JR Superstakes Reserve Ch

Posted by HistoryNutt on 02-15-2009 06:52 PM:

Re: historynutt

quote:
Originally posted by dogbait
contact gary wheeler in maryland he can educate you on yadkin river dogs he's hunted all the great ones. gary is where frank got old sacket from,and i hope this helps you.

Dogbait
I wasn't asking for education but your opinion as to what the Yadkin River line was, because of a statement you made. I see you have been banned but I don't guess that would keep you from getting on this forum.

Sooo, what do you consider the Yadkin River Line?

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Posted by jyd on 09-16-2010 06:52 AM:

Just 1 ?

If you just have to pick the MOST FAMOUS.......Gotta be LIPPER !!
Barnone !!! Everybody young and old has heard of him.....

336 648 9919..........................336 927 2818
( Gone But Not Forgotten )
GR NITE CH Virginia Junk Yard Dog ( SPANKY)
***Placed 14th at 2008 UKC World Hunt****
Gr Nite Ch Gr.ChVirginia Junk Yard Atomic Dog ( A.D.
:Nite Ch Gr Ch Virginia Junk Yard Poacher
GRCH NITECH ANDERSONS WILD N BLUE POUNDER
SPANKYS NORTHEN BLUE MEG
CIRRENT:
Virginia Junk Yard Kid Rock
VIRGINIA JUNK YARD BOONE
VIRGINIA JUNK YARD BLUE
VIRGINIA JUNK YARD FACEY
GA JUNK YARD TRAPPER
VIRGINIA JUNKYARD STORM
GA JUNK YARD MABEL
JUNK YARD EL CHAPO
All my Blue hounds have Sparetime Spanky blood in their veins..My Choice....I like it ! My TWs could use some of it
TWs
Present :

GRNITECH Skuna River Knock Em Out John
Skuna River Crazy Train
Skuna River Carolina Katy Daly
Past:
GRNITECH Cornell's Slickrock Liz R.I.P.
NTCH Cornell's Slickrock Jenny R.I.P.
NTCH Little Woods Smooth Silk R.I.P.
PR Cana's Pro Joe R.I.P.

Posted by l.lyle on 09-16-2010 07:14 AM:

Re: giving away my age

quote:
Originally posted by critter
Havnt read whole post but my vote goes to 3 time world champion Merchants Bawlie.

Maybe a three way tie with House's Bawlie and Finley River Chief.
Oh, maybe I'm getting senile, Sackett Jr. is just a pup ain't he?

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-16-2010 02:51 PM:

WELL I AGREE THERE ARE ALOT OF GOODONES OUT THERE. THE TWO THAT COME TO MIND FOR ME ARE SMOKEY RIVER BLUE DIAMOND JIM OWNED BY MR. WARREN HAUSOLER. THE FIRST DEANS NORTHREN BLUE HAMMER OWNED BY MR. DAVE DEAN.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Posted by GRAVEDIGGER on 09-16-2010 05:55 PM:

Odessy's Eliminator

2005 Plott Days Champion, 2 time Isiaiah Kidd Award Winner
GrNtCh Millenium Magic Doc's Heyzuess
2013 Ntl GrNtCh Plott Breed Winner

Posted by bruce hammontre on 09-16-2010 06:06 PM:

Smokey

Posted by thecoondawg76 on 09-16-2010 07:00 PM:

For Redbones

Well if we are talking about Redbone hounds that were put in actual hunts and were famous for that then for sure to me, it's Fireball. Without Joe and this fine hound I wouldn't have anything I do now or in the past. A big thanks to Joe Melton for pushing this hound. GrNtCh. Melton's Red Fireball. Won AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion, 1985 National Redbone Days Champion, along with many other big wins, including high scoring Redbone at the UKC World and the #1 historical producing redbone male of all time. The only reason he is not on the current historical list is because he has been gone for so long, like Lipper. He was promoted so much by Joe that he ended up producing 924 pups, a huge number for Redbones, with 6 GrNtCh's, 20 NtCh for a total of 26 and 28 Ch, 9 GrCh, and 3 GrW. champions. These numbers may not be huge for Walker hounds but when you compare how many pups and champions he produced to other Redbones then no one else is anywhere near this in the last who knows how many years anyway. Right behind him, in the female Redbone category, would probably have to be Jackpot Jackie who I now own. She's the only female Redbone to make it into the UKC Final Four ever. She is also Fireball bred.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Posted by dmarts78 on 09-16-2010 07:31 PM:

I really think its all relative to your age .
Most of the fellows who are talking about hounds from the 60' s and 70's were in their coon hunting prime back then i bet. So they're more apt in selecting a hound from their era. so to speak.
I am in my 30's and without a doubt the most famous dogs in my 30 year history would be without any doubt.

1. Sackett JR.
2. Lipper
3. Nailor

Posted by l.lyle on 09-16-2010 10:03 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by dmarts78
I really think its all relative to your age .
Most of the fellows who are talking about hounds from the 60' s and 70's were in their coon hunting prime back then i bet. So they're more apt in selecting a hound from their era. so to speak.
I am in my 30's and without a doubt the most famous dogs in my 30 year history would be without any doubt.

1. Sackett JR.
2. Lipper
3. Nailor

I'm still in my Prime. Just older is all.LOL

Posted by honalieh on 09-17-2010 04:00 AM:

Most Famous Hounds

I'd have to pick Finley River Chief as the most famous coonhound overall. Honorable mention to Johnson's Banjo.

Picking among the other breeds is a lot tougher, but I'll try :

B&T : Wagner's Nightrider. Hans Wagner is the most famous B&T breeder of all-time, so I have to pick his most famous dog. However, the dog that comes to my mind first is Tennessee Wheeler.

Blue : Hammer II (Got to pick a Hammer dog, and Hammer II is the dog that put them on the map).

English : Hardtime Speck.

Redbone : Timber Chopper (ok, that's an easy one)

Plott : Even harder to pick than B&T's. I'll go with World Ch. Kansas Sizzlin Heat because he brought attention to the Plott breed like no Plott before or since (didn't last though), and he'll always be the first World Ch. Plott.

Why not pick a more modern dog? Because fame is fleeting. True fame must stand the test of time.