UKC Forums Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Show all 33 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Curs and Feists (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- Coon hunting (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928354976)

Posted by skeets on 01-05-2014 01:34 AM:

al is just telling the truth,you can look at streak and his off spring and know what they are.

Posted by Plus Points on 01-05-2014 02:10 AM:

Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
Uh....Streak
Y'all need to go had and get a streakhaters.com website too.

Posted by luv2hunt08 on 01-05-2014 02:10 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
al is just telling the truth,you can look at streak and his off spring and know what they are.

Can't disagree with that but none of you boys seem to mind them with ears longer than my AKC Walker dog, or seem to notice more open on the ground and come treed with a HUGE locate. Surely no hound introduced since 1957-- what a joke
Dean Wright

Posted by sqman on 01-05-2014 02:31 AM:

All i can say is.....WOW...lol

Mohawks Whistln Dixie (OMC)
Pine Mtn Crazy Ann

Posted by oldman on 01-05-2014 02:50 AM:

majority of the ol time mtn. curs were bawl mouth until the plott curs were added yrs. ago..the plott curs were chop mouth until the big plott breeders add blood hound & a lol of every thing else to get them more houndy looking. they didn't think anyone would want them as cur dogs.
the dictionary defination off a cur isn't about the mtn cur dogs as their bloodlines can be traced back to the old countries were they originally came from. they were called hounds & had five toes.the fifth toe gave them more ability to climb thru some of the cliffs in the area where they were hunted..
I at one time had a history of these ol dogs & where they came from.I let a friend have a lot of info that I wish I had kept.

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Posted by Al Medcalf on 01-05-2014 03:30 AM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by smallshot
Now now " Streakin Al " lol. Don't take your belt to me. I aint the one that started it. Spank your own kid for a change.

Mine are much too old to spank.....They had their share of them though. I've been called Streakin Al so dang many times that I answer to it now.

Posted by Al Medcalf on 01-05-2014 03:32 AM:

Re: Re: Re: LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Plus Points
Y'all need to go had and get a streakhaters.com website too.

Great Idea!

Posted by Jason Wilson on 01-06-2014 12:56 AM:

Re: Coon hunting

quote:
Originally posted by schunter
Those of you who coon hunt with mountain curs...how do they fair as coon dogs? I've only ever hunted coons with larger breeds that hunt out further and have a little more weight to handle an ole coon. Do the curs have enough to give a coon fight without getting whipped?
It's all about how much rear end a dog has size don't matter. First cur coon dog I owned was a 30 lb female 3/4 kemmer 1/4 streak. Watched her kill a many a coon while surrounded by big mouth hounds booooing and bawling. You don't need a kill dog if your a good enough shot.