UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- question. (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928533336)

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 10-06-2020 12:06 AM:

question.

How many people on Ukc boards beside me still hunt on a regular basis that were born before the start of WWII?
I posted this on the off topic board, but thought it may get more response here.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-06-2020 01:24 AM:

Bob

I was born just a few years after WW11 (1948) I still coon hunt, my hunting partner is 82 and was prewar WW11 and he hunts 5 to 6 nights a week in hunting season. I am nursing a complete tear in my right knee ACL and mostly regulated to sitting in truck, listening to dogs run and tree, while my hunting buddies actually go to the dogs treed. Not ideal for me, but it let's me enjoy the Hunt. Dave

Posted by mhardy on 10-06-2020 02:28 PM:

I was born in 1944 and still enjoy it very much . i still hunt three to four nights a week.

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 10-06-2020 03:58 PM:

Born 1939. Not many of us born before the middle 40' able to still hunt. I'm one of the lucky ones. Can still walk to the tree. When you tell people "dogs treed 600 yards away" they will say well that's not that far. yes but it's 600 yards back to the truck LOL! Don't hunt comp. any more can't hear good enough.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Preacher Tom on 10-06-2020 06:42 PM:

You guys are making me feel young. Born in 49 and still hunt 4-6 nights a week. I am blessed to still be able to walk to them about anywhere they get.

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-06-2020 07:06 PM:

I was born in 1949 and hunt on a semi regular basis. Actually making plans for this weekend. When younger made plans for about every night. Congratulations on yourself still going.

Posted by shadinc on 10-07-2020 12:09 AM:

I was born in 1943 and hunt 2 or 3 night a week alone. Without the Garmin and the ATV (and the slow hunting dog) I don't know if I could make it.

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-07-2020 12:53 AM:

Donald Bergeron

I wish we had the kind of land that you could use an ATV to hunt, that would be right up my alley. Lol. Dave

Posted by Preacher Tom on 10-07-2020 01:04 AM:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadinc
I was born in 1943 and hunt 2 or 3 night a week alone. Without the Garmin and the ATV (and the slow hunting dog) I don't know if I could make it. [/QUOTE

I agree with the Garmin part. Don't guess I would be hunting without it but I don't have anyplace to use the ATV. Sure wish I did.

Posted by critter on 10-07-2020 06:57 PM:

Born in 1945,still try to go on average every other nite.Still love it.

Posted by Ed Mauney on 10-08-2020 08:58 PM:

Born in 44

And still go every chance I get. To listen and drive.