UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 30 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Big Game Hunting (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36)
-- 7ft Rattle snake/Goshen Va (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928257739)

Posted by Timberdog English on 07-13-2012 09:54 PM:

7ft Rattle Ga,bad info still big snake

GRCHNTCH TIMBER VALLEY WY, CORBETT'S TIMBERDOG RED THUNDER [MOONIE],Nt Ch COWLES BIG RIVER RED BULL, CORBETTS HARDTIME INKS OLLIE,Whiskey River Moonshine,Alabama Wild Dawg,CoonValley Duck Duck Goose, Sunset Abby

Posted by kardinalkennels on 07-13-2012 11:45 PM:

state record rattler???

Little better than 74" is the current I think.

Nice one for sure, even dead he still looks like he is threaten you.

Pups and started dogs available from time to time.

Posted by slowlane on 07-14-2012 01:36 AM:

snake

now thats a biggun

Posted by Shaun Paton on 07-14-2012 02:38 AM:

Snake

I will keep shoveling snow up here in northern Michigan just so I don't have to put up with them rascals.

Posted by twablue3 on 07-14-2012 03:17 AM:

snake

Holy $#*+ we got pretty close to a 4 footer down on the nc coast while cheaking a track we thought it was big coming up during chase season next month sure hope i don't come across a giant like that wow i wonder how old that thing was

Posted by WILDHORSE on 07-14-2012 11:58 AM:

sorry

that snake may have been killed where you said but i received that pic. on my phone 2 years ago saying it was killed in western nc. i would like to know for sure where it was killed . you could bet i would not hunt there

Posted by gopower on 07-14-2012 01:00 PM:

never saw a rattler colerd like that around here and last time i heard it was against the law to kill rattlesnakes in va. i could be wrong tho

Posted by robgregory on 07-14-2012 01:24 PM:

Tom,

I think someone is pullin' your leg.That exact same pic was sent to me on my phone 2 yrs. ago by a guy who had sent it to him sayin' that the snake was killed here in Chesapeake,Va.Someone is pullin' a practical joke on ya buddy.Hell,we got some big Canebreak rattlers around here,but nothin' like that.If we did,I'd quit huntin'.
Rob

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Posted by bcboy081 on 07-14-2012 04:59 PM:

Im not a snake expert but that looks more like a diamondback and we don't have those in VA

Posted by gopower on 07-14-2012 05:18 PM:

Either way thats a heck of a snake

Posted by Timberdog English on 07-15-2012 04:51 AM:

georgia snake

killed near savanah ga last year someone was playing a prank but still very big snake the largest rattler killed in va was in goshen it is hanging in shop in lexington va

GRCHNTCH TIMBER VALLEY WY, CORBETT'S TIMBERDOG RED THUNDER [MOONIE],Nt Ch COWLES BIG RIVER RED BULL, CORBETTS HARDTIME INKS OLLIE,Whiskey River Moonshine,Alabama Wild Dawg,CoonValley Duck Duck Goose, Sunset Abby

Posted by MikeR on 07-16-2012 01:16 PM:

Like most pictures of BIG deer, bear, snakes etc. rumors run rampant.

That snake is an Eastern Diamondback. VA is a little far North for them.

GrNiteCh Ch Oak Branch's Black Bird Star
Wipeout Chesapeake Piper

Posted by Hey Preacher!!! on 07-18-2012 12:58 AM:

ONE IMPORTANT STATISTIC IS MISSING FROM THIS STORY, HOW LONG IS THE STICK BEING USED TO HOLD THE SNAKE CLOSE TO THE CAMERA???

Posted by englishbuddy on 07-19-2012 01:53 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Hey Preacher!!!
ONE IMPORTANT STATISTIC IS MISSING FROM THIS STORY, HOW LONG IS THE STICK BEING USED TO HOLD THE SNAKE CLOSE TO THE CAMERA???

Not long enough if it was me !!!!!!

Posted by e.t.sawyerjr on 07-19-2012 08:25 PM:

Re: sorry

quote:
Originally posted by WILDHORSE
that snake may have been killed where you said but i received that pic. on my phone 2 years ago saying it was killed in western nc. i would like to know for sure where it was killed . you could bet i would not hunt there

no not come to eastern nc if you do not want to hunt where they are that big

Posted by mtncoon on 07-21-2012 01:23 AM:

It was killed in ga it was issued in georgia outdoor news....i think around savannah,ga

Posted by WILDHORSE on 07-21-2012 12:56 PM:

rattelers

id sure like to be able to see how many rattlers it had.

Posted by croatankid on 07-24-2012 04:38 AM:

i encountered a 5 ft rattler last year. when it struck, it reached out a ways. i bet if that seven footer hit you, even with snake proof stuff on, it'd still knock you down. like being punched. some things were meant to go extinct, saber tooth tigers, t rex and poisionus snakes.

Posted by Plott55 on 07-29-2012 10:52 AM:

Snakes

Eastern Diamond-back Rattle Snakes do exist and DO GET BIG!!! Seven ft. would not be a record!!!

They share habitat with the Timber Rattlers which peak out around Five a half feet ( and are the most common and most wide spread ) and the Pigmy; which are about a foot long.

We have a few ROSS ALLENS around but to me; any one who will catch a RattleSnake doesn't have the mental capacity to be called smart.

My motto==I've never seen a RattleSnake to big to kill!!! and I've never seen one small enough to catch.

I guess the anti's that want to protect RattleSnakes live in town.

Posted by bcboy081 on 07-29-2012 06:00 PM:

Eastern Diamondback rattlesnakes don't live in Virginia where this snake was supposed to be killed

Posted by Chris McCrary on 07-31-2012 06:51 PM:

Georgia Outdoor News did the article on it several years ago. Was killed in Ga..still a big snake but theat thing has been killed all over the us by the same guy wearing the same outfit..must be like Troy and his lucky shirt!

Posted by robgregory on 07-31-2012 08:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by bcboy081
Eastern Diamondback rattlesnakes don't live in Virginia where this snake was supposed to be killed
You are correct on that. Only rattlers in the State of Virginia is the Cane-break rattler.And they are mostly found around here where I live & around some of the Dismal Swamp.And they DO git big.Biggest one I've seen,was a 51/2 footer with 12 rattles and a button.There is a country store up the road with a showcase of rattles off of rattlers killed locally.The biggest one has 17 rattles on it,but doesn't say how big the snake was.I'd hate to come face to face with that sucker while coonhuntin'.
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Posted by bcboy081 on 08-01-2012 01:06 AM:

Where i live in Virginia we have Timber rattlesnakes which are found in most areas in Virginia

Posted by cliffhanger on 08-10-2012 04:33 AM:

yeah I got the same pic text a few years ago, its a eastern diamond back non in Va. Canebrake rattlers in the south eastern part of the state, and the western VA mountains are full of timber rattlers

Posted by ldt77 on 08-13-2012 08:59 PM:

got one here a few years back that was 5' 10'' i stepped within one foot of it. it never moved till i took 5 or 6 steps and my brother hit the bushes with a stick. i almost peed myself lol

Not telling the whole truth is the same as telling a lie.
You get what you pay for.