UKC Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Shannon County, Missouri (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928536360)

Posted by BrandonZadina on 01-26-2021 04:20 PM:

Shannon County, Missouri

Just wondering who all lives around this area. I was recently listening to a podcast on Meateater and they were talking to a guy that had his hunting cabin burned down by a poacher. In the latest podcast yesterday he said his hadn't been the only one that it has happened to. The way he explained of the outlaw sub culture in the county, sounded like a scary place to hunt. Just curious if anybody had been following this story on the local level.

Past:
'PR' Blue Freaky Ghost
NITECH CH 'PR' Neosho River Amos
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Nocturnal Bo
GRCH 'PR' Green River Katrina

Posted by Blacklabel on 01-26-2021 07:10 PM:

Lots of meth cooks hiding in the woods.

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Posted by wart on 01-27-2021 12:02 AM:

Hunters

Yes I have seen this story it said he talked about poachers illegally killing game on his podcast I hate poachers they mess it up for everyone BUT you can turn them in thru the wildlife dept. Not publicly and usually get more done because nobody's knows Also he mentioned the locals are klannish type of course many locals are that way sometimes it's a real shame about his cabin and hope it gets settled

Posted by BrandonZadina on 01-27-2021 12:33 AM:

Pretty interesting story. People like that running around I would be nervous hunting alone. Hopefully the arsonist spends time well deserved in the state prison.

Past:
'PR' Blue Freaky Ghost
NITECH CH 'PR' Neosho River Amos
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Nocturnal Bo
GRCH 'PR' Green River Katrina

Posted by wart on 01-27-2021 12:41 AM:

Story

Yes it is usually there's more than meets the eyes in these type of stories he sure had a nice cabin built

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 01-27-2021 09:17 PM:

I hunt the National forest some. A lot of good people living away from the bustle that just want left alone. Also a few bad people as well. Just like everywhere else.

Posted by wart on 01-28-2021 01:58 AM:

Story

I've hunted some of the Mark Twain also never had a problem and yes there some bad apples out there like I posted I think there's more than meets the eye with this story

Posted by shadinc on 01-28-2021 08:06 PM:

Not far from here, some men leased a large plot of land and gated it off. The locals who had hunted there all of their lives didn't like and burned their camp down.