UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Garmin Help! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928534275)

Posted by rdmedders on 11-10-2020 09:23 AM:

Garmin Help! ( Bruce M Conkey)

i know i need to upgrade my tracking system, but im not ready too!
ive got a 220 astro , my map page & dog pointer page sometimes do not point towards my dog / truck? ive calibrated the compass several times over the last few months, ive not been able to do anything to fix it ! any idea?

Posted by Cotton 1927 on 11-11-2020 02:54 AM:

Yes Sir, dump all the old stuff out of your handheld and collars your collar and held hand are prolly full, I still use my 220 on my beagles and I gotta dump the data from time to time and check your antenna make sure it's tight

Posted by rdmedders on 11-11-2020 08:58 PM:

Re: Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Cotton 1927
Yes Sir, dump all the old stuff out of your handheld and collars your collar and held hand are prolly full, I still use my 220 on my beagles and I gotta dump the data from time to time and check your antenna make sure it's tight

i only run one collar most of the time, i keep all old stuff deleted out .

Posted by Sfuhr on 12-01-2020 12:13 AM:

I would do a master reset on handheld... then add collar back
To perform the master reset:
Turn off the Astro.
Press Map, Enter and Power simultaneously.
Wait for Astro to power on.
Release Power.
Wait for the message Do you really want to erase all user data?
Release remaining buttons.
Select Yes.

Astro series master reset | Garmin Support

Posted by Bweddle on 12-01-2020 02:13 AM:

Would like to hear how this works out. I have one I stopped using for the same issue.

Posted by harleydan1956 on 12-01-2020 12:33 PM:

About 2 years ago, I was set on a 220 not wanting to change. In a rather large section, had both dogs, headed to the truck. After a while, realized I was walking in a circle. I was following the map, then decided to follow the compass(I calibrated compass every time I changed batteries)... with my cell going dead, I found a place to sleep till daylight. I heard a distant highway behind me about a mile. Kept the sound behind me and found a road about 1/2 from tbe truck.
Never could get compass to work right. If it is your compass, Might as well.. salvage parts and get a 320 or a 430... If that is tbe style you like.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Posted by AndyMiller on 12-01-2020 11:16 PM:

Re: Garmin Help! ( Bruce M Conkey)

quote:
Originally posted by rdmedders
i know i need to upgrade my tracking system, but im not ready too!
ive got a 220 astro , my map page & dog pointer page sometimes do not point towards my dog / truck? ive calibrated the compass several times over the last few months, ive not been able to do anything to fix it ! any idea?

TRIP YOU COMPUTER EVERY TIME YOUR DONE HUNTING///..GO TO THE DOG SCREEN PRESS ON THE DOG AND IT SHOULD COME UP RESET ...PRESS RESET

Posted by groworg1 on 12-01-2020 11:41 PM:

keep track logs clear helps distance as well

Posted by benderb4 on 12-02-2020 05:32 PM:

have ran a 220 10 years and still going.
Here are some of the things I found in my experience mess with the compass and dog pointers.
Don't ask me why .I just noticed these crazy things cause problems.

Windy nights especially with.........
Clouds moving across sky faster then usual.
Heavy overcast nights.
And some areas with heavy minerals nearby like strip mines and dumps
I have a spot where they dump contaminated factory liquids. Points wrong any where near this place.
Deep rocky ravines.
If you use alkaline batteries you are constantly recalibrating it seems.
When my rechargeable batteries were still working good but unknown to me were reaching the end of their useful life I was constantly recalibrating when I never did for 2-5 months before it started. New set of rechargeables and it was fine again.
I hunted one time with a guy had an Alpha We were in the woods deep trying to get back to the truck. We had dogs on leash.My compass was acting up so bad I actually thought my 220 went belly up. It had us walking one way then another. His was pointing wrong too . On way home an hour or so later in my truck I looked at it and it was working perfectly

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis