UKC Forums Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Show all 252 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Finley River Chief History (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=264724)

Posted by Ray&Luie on 05-03-2013 08:52 PM:

Re: ARNOLD'S SPORT

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt
Here you good. I liked his looks.

Grand Champion Nite Ch. Arnold's Sport

Talkin about this dog sorry

Ray Hudson

Posted by HistoryNutt on 05-05-2013 09:16 AM:

Godwin's Jolly, Twin River Jeff, Beaver Lake Thunder, Moore's Yankee Boy, McDowell's

GRAND NITE CHAMPION GODWIN'S JOLLY

NITE CHAMPION TWIN RIVER JEFF

GRAND NITE CHAMPION BEAVER LAKE THUNDER

GRAND NITE CHAMPION MOORE'S YANKEE BOY

NITE CHAMPION McDOWELL'S INDIANA ROCK

GRAND NITE CHAMPION BILYEU'S FINLEY RIVER CHIEF

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Posted by HistoryNutt on 05-07-2013 01:47 AM:

MEARS' FINLEY RIVER DAN - JACKSON'S FINLEY RIVER TOM - MEARS' FINLEY RIVER SONNY

GRAND NITE CHAMPION MEARS' FINLEY RIVER DAN

GRAND CHAMPION NITE CHAMPION JACKSON'S FINLEY RIVER TOM

DUAL GRAND CHAMPION MEARS' FINLEY RIVER SONNY

Posted by HistoryNutt on 05-14-2013 08:04 PM:

JOHN J. MONROE

MR. FINLEY RIVER John J. Monroe washing a hound. The important thing about this picture is it was just taken. Looks like he is recovering well from his heart surgery.

Posted by HistoryNutt on 05-21-2013 06:19 PM:

BIXLER'S SUPREME SALLY

If a person talks about Finley River Chief and what he has done for the breed it would be necessary to talk
about the mother of him also to fully understand that Chief wasn't just a chance happening.

BIXLER'S SUPREME SALLY

HERE IS A SPECIAL PICTURE WHERE HISTORY IS BEING MADE. NEITHER DOG IS SHOWING VERY WELL IN THIS PICTURE BUT THERE IS A REASON.
THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN WHEN BIXLER'S SUPREME SALLY WAS PAYING A VISIT TO SHETLER'S SONNY BOY. THIS IS THE MATING THAT PRODUCED FINLEY RIVER CHIEF.

1955 ACHA WORLD CHAMPION FEMALE
BIXLER'S SUPREME SALLY

Even though she is best known as the mother of Finley River Chief, Bixler's Supreme Sally
was a great coonhound in her own right. She could and did compete with the big boys.

Her most famous pup was FINLEY RIVER CHIEF.

From that cross there were some sisters to Chief that you will find in some top hounds pedigrees.
Bixler's Sunny Sally was one of them. She is the mother of Buck Creek Rowdy.

Rowdy is the grand sire of Vance's Crowding Billy.

Rowdy is also the sire of Procter's Melody Bill. He is the sire of Rutan's Bear Creek Princess, Scott's Lil and Howard's Lu.

Princess is the mother of Windham's Drummer Boy and Owen's Hardwood Bozo.

Scott's Lil is the mother of Ledbetter's Tennessee Lead.

You can go back to more dogs on these three females then what I have listed.
Also the dogs listed out of the other dogs Sally was bred to can be found in numerous hounds pedigrees.

She was bred to Kentucky Spot that produced Corn Belt Flirt and Corn Belt King and Corn Belt Queen.

Flirt is the mother of Corn Belt Sally III who was the mother of Table Rock Flying Hawk.

She was bred to Merchant's Bawlie that produced Huisman's Melody Lou and Grand Lake Lady.

Posted by cripple creek on 05-21-2013 06:46 PM:

man...awsome research there buddy.

Love reading that stuff. Ole Sally won that world hunt when I was just a dream to my folks. haha
Love seeing the old photos and stuff. Keep it going. This is truly History being written. I think this is the most extensive research I have seen on any line of our walkers. Also you can tell that from that first mating came so many of our current hounds in one shape form or other.
Interesting information.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Posted by Robert Starke on 05-21-2013 10:24 PM:

Finley River Chief

Hi,

Who can deny that his parents, his sisters and he himself were not the cornerstone of the Walker breed. Look at the strains that are represented here?

Good Hunting,
Robert

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Wild Bill's Lill 21.05% reproduction record
Starke's Finley River Little Lill
Dual Gr. Ch. Wild Bill's Queen UKC RQE 112 winner 725+ 2006 UKC World Hunt qualifier
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Rattler 2
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sadie
Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch.TrackMan's Stone Cold HTX 2009 UKC World Hunt qualifier 2009 UKC World Hunt Zone 5 Hunt 14th place 2011 UKC World Hunt qualifier
Dual Ch. PKC Ch.Track Man's Mad Dash 2007 PKC SS qualifier 2008 UKC World Hunt qualifier 2011 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club High Scoring Dog of the Year 2011 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club Final Hunt winner 2012 MCHF Youth State Championship 2nd place 2012 Ringtail Lodge Coon Club High Scoring Dog of the Year
Gr. Ch. Finley River Cadillac Jane 2006 PKC Walker Days BOSF 2006 UKC RQE 74 Ch winner 2006 Trackman Invitational Queen of Show 2007 MCHF State Hunt Ch. female winner
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Cozi
Gr Nt Ch Starke's Finley River Super Man HTX 2017 Mid Mo Coonhunters Hunt Series Champion 2018 MCHF Dick Gray Memorial Hunt High Scoring Dog and King of the Hunt 2018 Mid-Mo Coonhunters Hunt Series Champion 2018 MCHF State Final Hunt the only double cast winner Final Four 3rd place winner 2019 BBCHA Sectional Madison, MO Gr Nt Ch/ Nt Ch Cast winner and High Scoring dog 2019 BBOA Richard Casey Tribute Hunt High Scoring Dog 750+ Thursday night and 825+ Friday night 2019 MCHF State Final Hunt Final Four 2nd place winner 2020 UKC World Hunt Qualifier at Marshall, MO March 21st

Dual Gr Ch Wild Bill's April 2016 UKC RQE 97 Ch winner

Gr. Ch. Starke's Finley River Jane 2006 UKC RQE 74 Gr Ch winner
Gr. Ch. Starke's Finley River Sugar 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Ch of Ch winner
Starke's Finley River Jake
Hoghill's Finley River Rip
Hoghill's Finley River Candie

Starke's Finley River Stubbie
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Tuff
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Steel
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Fame

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Jane
Gr Ch Starke's Finley River Ramblin Iron Man
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Bat Man

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Tanna
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Lightning
Starke"s Finley River Ramblin John Henry
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Dan
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sister
Starke's Finley River Diamond
Starke's Finley River General Robert E Lee

Starke's Finley River Stormy
Clark's Finley River Spot PKC cast / money winner
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sage

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Paige

Starke's Finley River Ramblin Lou HTX passed times 1 Littermate of
PKC Gold Ch Gr Nt Ch Snitch, mother of Batman

Gr Ch. Starke's Finley River Ramblin Emma HTX
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Sugar Boy
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Randi
Starke's Finley River Ramblin Little Emma

Gr.Ch. Starke's Table Rock Jewell 2007 RQE 5 BOSF winner 2007 MCHF State Hunt BOSF winner 2009 RQE 28 Best of Show female winner 2009 MCHF State Hunt Ch of Ch Female winner 2010 MCHF State Hunt Gr Ch winner and Queen of Show 2010 Alan Reinkemeyer Memorial Queen of Show 2011 Gr Ch Louisiana State Championship 2012 NE Missouri Black & Tan Sectional Gr. Ch. female 2012 MCHF Spring Classic Gr Ch female 2012 UKC RQE 87 Gr Ch winner 2012 NE Missouri Treeing Walker Sectional Gr Ch winner 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Gr. Ch. winner 2012 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier 2012 Purina Nationals qualifier 2012 UKC Current Top 10 2012 MCHF Missouri State Show Dog of the Year

Gr Ch Little Walnut Queen Bathsheba 2011 SWTWA BFOS and Queen of Show 2011 MCHA State Hunt BFOS 2011 Oklahoma Federation State Hunt and Show BFOS 2012 MCHF State Hunt Ch Female and Queen of Show 2012 Oklahoma Federation State Hunt and Show Ch. Female 2012 Purina Nationals qualifier 2013 TWB&F Walker Days Gr. Ch. female and Queen of Show 2013 Kentucky State Championship Gr. Ch. female and Opposite Sex winner 2013 Purina Nationals qualifier 2013 ACHA World Hunt and Show BFOS 2014 Purina Nationals qualifier 2014 Lee Crawford Invitaional qualifier
Gr Ch Little Walnut Zipporah

Gr Ch A & B Preacher 2012 Saluda Days King of Show 2013 MCHF State Hunt Ch. winner and King of Show 2013 MO Governor's Cup State Hunt Ch. winner and King of Show 2014 RQE #11 Gr. Ch. winner 2014 Purina Nationals qualifier 2014 SWTWA Gr. Ch. winner 2014 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier 2014 Kansas State Championship Gr. Ch. winner both days 2014 UKC's Top 10 List 2014 Purina's Bench Show Top Ten List 2014 MCHF Summer Classic Gr. Ch. winner both days 2014 MCHF Summer Classic King of Show 2014 MCHF State Hunt and Show GR. Ch. Winner Friday 2014 MCHF Missouri State Show Dog of the Year 2015 Purina Nationals qualifier 2015 Kansas State Championship Friday Gr Ch winner 2016 Purina Nationals qualifier

Gr Ch Table Rock Reverend Mundo Hawk 2010 MCHF State Hunt Best Male of Show 2011 MCHF Spring Classic Gr. Ch. male and King of Show 2011 UKC RQE 88 Gr Ch male 2012 UKC RQE 87 Gr Ch male 2012 NE Missouri Treeing Walker Sectional Gr. Ch. male and King Of Show 2012 MCHF Dick Gray Summer Classic Gr. Ch. male 2012 Lee Crawford Invitational qualifier

"Fast is Good. Accuracy is Everything." Wyatt Earp

Posted by HistoryNutt on 05-22-2013 03:17 PM:

SHETLER'S SONNY BOY

The other part of Finley River Chief's greatness comes from his sire SHETLER'S SONNY BOY. Sonny Boy's sire had a good reputation in his part of the country. Not from hunts or shows, at that time there wasn't many of those anyway.

He had a reputation of being one of the best coon hounds in that part of the country. Not from ads in magazines or hunting in nite hunts but from word of mouth from Coon Hunters who were hunting not for points but hides.

At 10 years of age Taylor's Sonny Boy was sold for $500.00. That was a LOT of money back then for even a younger hound.

Shetler's Sonny Boy was born in 1952. He like his father could impress even when he was what most would think of as old. When Shetler's Sonny Boy was 10 years old John Shetler hunted him in a hunt where Sonny Boy was High Scoring Dog over 190 dogs. Mr. Shetler said: "It was a real frosty night and held tongue here and there and then tree and have the coon on the outside. The other dogs couldn't even tongue with him."

Sonny Boy not only had a cold nose and knew how and was able to use it but he was also a hard hunting dog. He was a bawl mouth dog that had a coarse bawl on track and when he treed let out two bawls and then go into a chop. He had a good steady chop.

NITE CHAMPION SHETLER'S SONNY BOY

Judges commented on from brace to grand finals claimed Sonny Boy to be one of the greatest hounds they had ever seen.

Posted by OUTLAW REDBONE on 06-02-2013 04:44 PM:

Great

Post guy's......a lot of history and a great read, Thanks.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Posted by HistoryNutt on 06-03-2013 09:33 PM:

FINLEY RIVER PETE - FINLEY RIVER BELL - MAGILL'S LONE PINE JILL

GRAND NITE CHAMPION FINLEY RIVER PETE

One of the sons of Finley River Chief and Finley River Bell. Pete along with his brother Finley River Spike helped with the creation of the Lone Pine Strain of Walkers.

NITE CHAMPION FINLEY RIVER BELL

The mother of Grand Nite Ch. Carsten's Finley River Buck and Grand Nite Ch. Finley River Pete and Grand Nite Ch. Finley River Spike.

CH. GRAND NITE CH. MAGILL'S LONE PINE JILL

One of the top females in her day that also produced a lot of good hounds was Lone Pine Jill. Jill was out of GRAND NITE CH. FINLEY RIVER PETE and DUVALL'S LONE PINE LADY

Posted by barrelmaker on 06-03-2013 11:33 PM:

Re: FINLEY RIVER PETE - FINLEY RIVER BELL - MAGILL'S LONE PINE JILL

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt

GRAND NITE CHAMPION FINLEY RIVER PETE

One of the sons of Finley River Chief and Finley River Bell. Pete along with his brother Finley River Spike helped with the creation of the Lone Pine Strain of Walkers.
Don,
Thanks for posting this, brings back a lot of memories, if I had Old Pete today I'd probably win some of those pickups. Pete and the Sport dog out of him (littermate to the Lone Pine Jill dog) were the best I ever had the privilege to own.

NITE CHAMPION FINLEY RIVER BELL

The mother of Grand Nite Ch. Carsten's Finley River Buck and Grand Nite Ch. Finley River Pete and Grand Nite Ch. Finley River Spike.

CH. GRAND NITE CH. MAGILL'S LONE PINE JILL

One of the top females in her day that also produced a lot of good hounds was Lone Pine Jill. Jill was out of GRAND NITE CH. FINLEY RIVER PETE and DUVALL'S LONE PINE LADY

Posted by cripple creek on 02-08-2014 06:27 AM:

btt

btt

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Posted by Cleo on 02-08-2014 06:32 AM:

I love you guys posts!

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Posted by cripple creek on 02-08-2014 06:46 AM:

what you doin up....haha

Old Don has it going on. I used to memorize all the old pedigrees...I have a lot of um on memory, but the farther these dogs go back the more I forget. Don has a lot better memory than me.
He has probably forgotten more about breeding than I ever knew.
I have learned alot from some of the greats.

Posted by Cleo on 02-08-2014 10:43 AM:

Well he thinks our Lil Bit of Rowdy and Rain gyp would cross nicely on one of our friends Finely River studs. Im excited about that.
Doug plans on breeding one to some semen he has on (?) Radar ~ not sure which one ~ and I want to breed one to a stud of today. A bloodline that someone has produced like these.

Im excited about both crosses. Not in a hurry, but excited. Both our females are doing well in the woods tho.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Posted by ssgied on 02-08-2014 03:30 PM:

What a head on old Dan! One fine looking dog.

Posted by j perry on 02-11-2014 12:07 AM:

Posted by HistoryNutt on 12-28-2014 07:15 AM:

WOLFE'S TREE PICKING BILL

GRAND NITE CHAMPION WOLFE'S TREE PICKING BILL

Posted by OLDBLOOD on 03-16-2015 06:57 PM:

HISTORY

?FINLEY RIVER BOOMER?

You got any history on this ol guy?

Posted by chuck west on 07-29-2015 08:04 PM:

Has anyone heard from HistoryNutt lately ??

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Posted by cripple creek on 07-30-2015 03:16 AM:

I text him just today but havent heard

back...his email is mysticmoon.gmail
maybe somebody could email him and check on him.
I miss him being on here. He was a wealth of information.
I have used his wisdom when it came to dog breeding for a long long time.

Posted by R.lee prater on 07-30-2015 03:22 AM:

Re: I text him just today but havent heard

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
back...his email is mysticmoon.gmail
maybe somebody could email him and check on him.
I miss him being on here. He was a wealth of information.
I have used his wisdom when it came to dog breeding for a long long time.

He has a lot going on right now. He will be back guys.

Posted by cripple creek on 07-30-2015 03:47 AM:

Roger...you ever hunt with many

boomer dogs? what was your opinion of them?
thanks

Posted by R.lee prater on 07-30-2015 12:00 PM:

Re: Roger...you ever hunt with many

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
boomer dogs? what was your opinion of them?
thanks

Cripple Creek I've only hunted with just a few and I liked what I seen. The Smoke dog that we own is as nice of a Coon Dog that you would want to unsnap a leash on. I've got two grand daughters of Pete, Boomers litter mate and they are making nice hounds.

Posted by HistoryNutt on 10-22-2020 07:17 PM:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/alb.../scan0063-1.jpg