UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 71 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48)
-- Big Country (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928521968)

Posted by Donnie Stevens on 09-07-2019 01:50 AM:

Big Country

There's some awfully nice females of all colors being bred to Big Country.

What makes him special ?

Posted by yadkintar on 09-07-2019 02:05 AM:

Word I got from people that has hunted with him is his tracking ability and accuracy is unmatched. On coons most dogs can’t move.

Tar

Posted by JB Cobb on 09-07-2019 02:40 AM:

He is a good one or the fella that owns him would have never had him at the end of his strap rest assured

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 09-07-2019 06:51 AM:

What do you look for in a dog?

Because he has it all

Posted by THOMAS SANDERS on 09-07-2019 03:26 PM:

And if you ain't hunted with him you need too ! Oh my what a mouth ! I heard it and had to go see !

Posted by James B Grice on 09-07-2019 10:48 PM:

Robin wheres he at

Posted by James B Grice on 09-07-2019 10:49 PM:

Robin where is he at

Posted by Rolin Blues on 09-08-2019 01:03 AM:

BC

At John Stricklands' in Kentucky. Was at AO to hunt & look at. Grand daughter, Madi, petted him to death & had pic taken with BC, John & our Lil Bit Country female to make her brother, Hunter, real jealous because he wasn't there. Take care, Ron.

Posted by Kenneth Tavares on 09-08-2019 02:18 AM:

I want to hunt with this blue unit. I want to see a blue dog operate right. 20+ years ago I was looking hard for a good blue dog. I would still like to see one that operates like I want a hound to operate, I hear he is one.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Posted by nick miller on 09-08-2019 02:39 AM:

He is the real deal

Posted by Night Shift on 09-08-2019 04:20 AM:

Not a fan backs to much for me

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Posted by Donnie Stevens on 09-08-2019 11:35 AM:

Only play by play I've read he was minused multiple times for leaving trees. They've all got something they'll do wrong even if it's not every night.

Is that his ?

Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post on the forum. I wanna know how he operates and not just on his good nights.

Posted by Rolin Blues on 09-08-2019 01:46 PM:

BC

He is 'the real deal'. ALL dogs have off night, once in awhile, that is why we call them dogs!!!

Example of what he can do in all types of situations, just ck out what happened in Missouri earlier this spring @ $6500 entry fee hunt.

1st night, he was put in thin coon & won both rounds. $8000.

2nd night, he was put in thick coons & won both rounds. $8000

3rd night, not sure of coon population area, but won both rounds. $8000

Guys, this wasn't hunting against ordinary, behind the barn type coon dogs, it was hunting against top of the line cooners. When you have guys like Jed Finley, Wes Hamilton, Brett Myers, Jack Bingham & many others(including myself) taking their top females to him, you had better take note of what he is. I'll make this prediction- When all these young dogs he is siring now, hit the hunts, he will be at top of UKC/$KC current reproducers list in short order. JMO. Take care, Ron.

Posted by JB Cobb on 09-08-2019 02:09 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
I want to hunt with this blue unit. I want to see a blue dog operate right. 20+ years ago I was looking hard for a good blue dog. I would still like to see one that operates like I want a hound to operate, I hear he is one.

I'm with you KT I want to see him go... But you and I both know the man that owns him and if he he is hauling him to a hunt.... He's a Goodun !!

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 09-08-2019 04:56 PM:

When I seen him go we treed 11 on the cast. Every dog treed 2 but Country, he treed the other 5. He was alone on every single tree he made, and we cut him into dogs treed all around him all night long. He laid some up, he treed them close and he treed them far, and he did with all the bells and whistles. Good locate, good mouth, exceptional track dog.

This was against three other PCH dogs that also looked pretty good and can and have won anywhere, and in a spot me and my partner killed over 150 coons out of last year.

I do not want to see the dog ever go again in my life, because I do not want him to make a mistake and ruin the image I have of him. Because that is the only time I have ever seen a dog be PERFECT for two straight hours.

Posted by Reuben on 09-08-2019 06:51 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
When I seen him go we treed 11 on the cast. Every dog treed 2 but Country, he treed the other 5. He was alone on every single tree he made, and we cut him into dogs treed all around him all night long. He laid some up, he treed them close and he treed them far, and he did with all the bells and whistles. Good locate, good mouth, exceptional track dog.

This was against three other PCH dogs that also looked pretty good and can and have won anywhere, and in a spot me and my partner killed over 150 coons out of last year.

I do not want to see the dog ever go again in my life, because I do not want him to make a mistake and ruin the image I have of him. Because that is the only time I have ever seen a dog be PERFECT for two straight hours.

Sounds like...BEST OF THE BEST...

Posted by Reuben on 09-08-2019 06:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

Sounds like...BEST OF THE BEST...

Posted by thomasg on 09-09-2019 12:42 AM:

Re: Big Country

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
There's some awfully nice females of all colors being bred to Big Country.

What makes him special ?

$ his pups sell like hot cakes LOL

Posted by Donnie Stevens on 09-09-2019 01:06 AM:

How old is he ?

Other then the Little Bit female Burkholder has are there any others doin anything special from the first wave of pups ?

Posted by Kenneth Tavares on 09-09-2019 01:42 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
I'm with you KT I want to see him go... But you and I both know the man that owns him and if he he is hauling him to a hunt.... He's a Goodun !!

You are correct.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Posted by Sonny Phipps on 09-09-2019 02:42 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
You are correct.

You need to make a outcrossing!!!

Posted by Blacklabel on 09-09-2019 02:43 AM:

I believe he's 6.

Terry tappy had a 1yr old in top 16 of oaks. He has won a bunch

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Posted by Bryan K Webb on 09-09-2019 03:15 AM:

You guys that have hunted with Big Country does he open good on track?? ? I'm not a big fan at all of a dog that is loose on the.ground and I don't like one tight either.. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated..

Posted by Pigeon on 09-09-2019 03:41 AM:

Re: BC

"Example of what he can do in all types of situations, just ck out what happened in Missouri earlier this spring @ $6500 entry fee hunt.

1st night, he was put in thin coon & won both rounds. $8000.

2nd night, he was put in thick coons & won both rounds. $8000

3rd night, not sure of coon population area, but won both rounds. $8000"

I don't believe this happened. Win 2 rounds a night at a $6500 entry you win more than 8K. 8K is usually a split.

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Posted by Ricochet17 on 09-09-2019 06:21 AM:

What were the cast win scores for those!