UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 75 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- ideas on coon feeders (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=132406)

Posted by wwalker1 on 01-31-2007 11:25 PM:

ideas on coon feeders

ive got a couple pups to work with and was wondering if anyone had some good coon feeder ideas? i have a couple bucket feeders but dog food seems to not wanna come out of the plastic pipe very well.

Posted by Ron Brickles on 02-01-2007 12:00 AM:

FEEDERS

I LIKE SOUR CORN FEEDERS TAKE OLD TIRE ON RIM LAY IT DOWN CUT 4 3 BY 4 INCH SQARES 1 IN EACH DIRRECTION FILL HALF WAY WITH WHOLE CORN THEN FILL WITH WATER WORKS GREAT!!!

Posted by mmarcum52 on 02-01-2007 12:10 AM:

Take a tire and tie it up in a tree about shoulder high. Then fill the bottom up with corn and fill with water, in a few days every coon in the neighborhood will be there.

Posted by Bear on 02-01-2007 12:26 AM:

www.kettlelickridgekennel.8m.com

click on coon feeder page

Posted by Lee Currens Jr. on 02-01-2007 12:43 AM:

i have heard about the corn and water but will
it hurt if the water freeze before you get to the feeder

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 02-01-2007 02:32 AM:

The feed does not have to come out by it's self, the coon will reach in and get it.

Posted by BOOBOOBRADY on 02-01-2007 03:15 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by mmarcum52
Take a tire and tie it up in a tree about shoulder high. Then fill the bottom up with corn and fill with water, in a few days every coon in the neighborhood will be there.
. i have really good luck out of this also,. i let my corn sour acouple days before i put it out.

PKC.PRIDE #84822
1-270-699-1037
CH GrNitech Triple Creek Lock S.S and performance sire R.I.P 12-31-12
Ch Nitech Tar Scream'n ThunderStorm

Come on people drop you're ego and admitt you just got beat, made a bad call, dog made a mistake, what ever.You can't get cheated that much

Posted by wwalker1 on 02-01-2007 04:55 AM:

feeders

thanks for the ideas so far guys. im gonna put a couple tire feeders out tomorrow. that way they should be ready by the time the weather warms up a little.

Posted by wwalker1 on 02-01-2007 04:56 AM:

feeders

keep the ideas comin please.

Posted by nitechamp bud on 02-01-2007 06:14 AM:

These work well for me. Squirrels don't chew them up like they do the plastic buckets either.

Posted by j.ooten on 02-01-2007 06:25 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter
www.kettlelickridgekennel.8m.com

click on coon feeder page

YOU HAVE A NICE SITE SAM.....JASON

Posted by huntingwalkers9 on 02-01-2007 09:43 AM:

re

nitech. are you sure that aint illegal, no wonder you dont get any mail....:P

i am bi-polar..forgive me =]

JACKSON'S HARDCORE HERSHEY KISSES (LAB)

Posted by Bear on 02-01-2007 01:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by j.ooten
YOU HAVE A NICE SITE SAM.....JASON

Thanks

Posted by chadf on 02-01-2007 01:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by BOOBOOBRADY
. i have really good luck out of this also,. i let my corn sour acouple days before i put it out.

Posted by John Vaught on 02-01-2007 01:39 PM:

THE WIDE OPEN

NATURE OF THE WOODS IS YOUR BEST TOOL......HOWEVER GOOD LUCK ON THE USING THE FEEDERS YOU WILL FIND MOST HUNTERS BUT A HANDFUL ON HERE USE THEM AND HAVE NEVER TRIED THE NATURAL ABILITY OF THEIR DOG FROM A PUP UP UNTIL IT DIES...ITS OK TO USE FEEDERS I SUPPOSE YOU WILL BE LIKE THE MOST.....GOOD LUCK IN USING WHAT EVER STYLE YOU CHOOSE. BUT REMEMBER YOUR HOUND WAS BRED TO BE A NATURAL HUNTER IN THE WILD HABITAT................... USING FEEDERS WILL ALTER THEIR ABILITY AS A TRUE HUNTER..............

Posted by Blue Ice on 02-01-2007 01:53 PM:

Re: THE WIDE OPEN

quote:
Originally posted by John Vaught
NATURE OF THE WOODS IS YOUR BEST TOOL......HOWEVER GOOD LUCK ON THE USING THE FEEDERS YOU WILL FIND MOST HUNTERS BUT A HANDFUL ON HERE USE THEM AND HAVE NEVER TRIED THE NATURAL ABILITY OF THEIR DOG FROM A PUP UP UNTIL IT DIES...ITS OK TO USE FEEDERS I SUPPOSE YOU WILL BE LIKE THE MOST.....GOOD LUCK IN USING WHAT EVER STYLE YOU CHOOSE. BUT REMEMBER YOUR HOUND WAS BRED TO BE A NATURAL HUNTER IN THE WILD HABITAT................... USING FEEDERS WILL ALTER THEIR ABILITY AS A TRUE HUNTER..............

Well put JV. Now that is the best post you have had on Feeders. Good deal.

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Posted by walkerman04 on 02-01-2007 02:25 PM:

Ya well put JV they use their natural ability to track and tree the coon. Their natural ability is not to go look for a feeder but look for the coon. Whats the difference when your in In., Iowa, Ill. in the summer months when the corn is ripe. Is it then wrong to hunt corn fields. Its the same thing. I use a 5gallon bucket with dog food or soured corn. Take a 1 and a half circle drill bit and drill a hole about 3 to 4 inches from the bottom and hang from a tree about 4 or 5 feet from the ground. Seems to work for me. Jonah

JONAH DUCKWORTH

Posted by highyellerdog on 02-01-2007 02:29 PM:

A weekly event

This is a weekly event....
Someone needs a feeder and John V. replies that you are ruining your dogs.

No different than hunting a corn patch, mulberry's, paw paws, cherries, or oak flats. Same difference and anyone that disagrees is too shallow to admit that they are wrong.

Send John V. a bill for your feed for the month since he has decided that your business is his business and he is going to take over the training of your dogs. Good luck with that, they will never see the woods.

As the old saying goes opinions are like a____, well, you know and as usuall John is making an a__ of himself by posting on this topic.

Soured corn in a tire works great but we went to 5 gal buckets. Deer wont get after it but the flying squirrels love it as well, enjoy.

Gr Ch, AKC Ch 'PR' Powerbawl Zoe's Jewel
'PR' Zoe's Twister Bustin' Ruby

Posted by John Vaught on 02-01-2007 03:25 PM:

HIGHYELLER

DO YOU NEED A FEEDER TO PUT THAT SHOW DOG ON THAT BENCH....LOL

Posted by John Vaught on 02-01-2007 03:27 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by walkerman04
Ya well put JV they use their natural ability to track and tree the coon. Their natural ability is not to go look for a feeder but look for the coon. Whats the difference when your in In., Iowa, Ill. in the summer months when the corn is ripe. Is it then wrong to hunt corn fields. Its the same thing. I use a 5gallon bucket with dog food or soured corn. Take a 1 and a half circle drill bit and drill a hole about 3 to 4 inches from the bottom and hang from a tree about 4 or 5 feet from the ground. Seems to work for me. Jonah
I think if you hunt a feeder to often it will have an effect on your hound and I also believe a dog hunted on a feeder will be able to get smart enough to know the smell of a feeder and go directly to a feeder bucket........

Posted by redneck_girl on 02-01-2007 03:29 PM:

Re: A weekly event

quote:
Originally posted by highyellerdog
This is a weekly event....
Someone needs a feeder and John V. replies that you are ruining your dogs.

No different than hunting a corn patch, mulberry's, paw paws, cherries, or oak flats. Same difference and anyone that disagrees is too shallow to admit that they are wrong.

Send John V. a bill for your feed for the month since he has decided that your business is his business and he is going to take over the training of your dogs. Good luck with that, they will never see the woods.

As the old saying goes opinionos are like a____, well ,you know and as usuall John is making an a__ of himself by posting on this topic.

Soured corn in a tire works great but we went to 5 gal buckets. Deer wont get after it but the flying squirrels love it as well, enjoy.

DID YOU EXPECT ANYTHING LESS FROM JV?
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PUPS THIS YEAR GUYS/GALS. WE'RE STARTING ONE ALSO, CAN USE ALL THE PRAYERS YOU CAN GIVE!

Proud Owner of
Indian River Kennels
Home of....

The Blueticks...

CH Finchams Indian River Smoke
CH Finchams Ind Riv Wind Dancer
CH Indian River Smokin Rowdy Too
PR' Finchams Indian River WildRose
The Walker...
PR' Fincham's Indian River Scrappy Doo (watch out for this pup and his boy!)

Smoke is now at stud...
(440) 839-2525
(419) 577-5365
www.freewebs.com/finchamsindianriverkennels/

Posted by John Vaught on 02-01-2007 03:32 PM:

Re: HIGHYELLER

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Vaught
[B]DO YOU NEED A FEEDER TO PUT THAT SHOW DOG ON THAT BENCH....LOL Also I try not say a lot to you or have a lot to do with you .You no doubt have some growing up to do and I am sure family and friends are looking forward to that. Thank you for always smarting off to me what ever I say on here....YOU ARE THE ONE............SO BRIGHT AND INTELLEGENT BUT YET HAVE PROVEN TO BE NOTHING BUT A WET BEHIND THE EARS TRY TO BE COON HUNTER...WITH THAT SAID GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE HIGHYELLERS OF YOURS ON THE BENCH..........

Posted by highyellerdog on 02-01-2007 03:51 PM:

Re: Re: HIGHYELLER

quote:
Originally posted by John Vaught
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Vaught
[B]DO YOU NEED A FEEDER TO PUT THAT SHOW DOG ON THAT BENCH....LOL Also I try not say a lot to you or have a lot to do with you .You no doubt have some growing up to do and I am sure family and friends are looking forward to that. Thank you for always smarting off to me what ever I say on here....YOU ARE THE ONE............SO BRIGHT AND INTELLEGENT BUT YET HAVE PROVEN TO BE NOTHING BUT A WET BEHIND THE EARS TRY TO BE COON HUNTER...WITH THAT SAID GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE HIGHYELLERS OF YOURS ON THE BENCH..........

John, my dogs are coming on good in the woods now, they are just pups however, unlike your world beaters....what are their names again? Thanks for asking about them though.

I gotta reply to your post on this topic John just like a fish needs water. You feel compelled to post that they are ruining their dogs and I am compelled to state that it is none of your business what anyone else does with their dog.

I have not proven to be anything other than a voice of reason for you to mind your own business when it comes to giving comment on peoples dogs.

As far as a coon hunter, in my opinion the dog is doing 99 percent of the work, so it dont really matter what I am does it John.

Heres a big hug for you.

Gr Ch, AKC Ch 'PR' Powerbawl Zoe's Jewel
'PR' Zoe's Twister Bustin' Ruby

Posted by nitechamp bud on 02-01-2007 04:10 PM:

Be weary John, he is wanting to start in with that hugging crap. Who knows what he will want next.

Posted by CASHMAN on 02-01-2007 04:34 PM:

j.v.

I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE AND THAT IS EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THERE OWN OPINION BUT JOHN I THINK JUST ABOUT EVERYONE WILL AGREE THAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE SOME OF THE DUMMEST ONES I HAVE EVER READ. AND I DONT EVER RECALLING ANYONE ASKING WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT HALF THE STUFF YOU SO RUDELEY COMMENT ABOUT