UKC Forums Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 93 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Redbones (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=51)
-- Top prospects out of L's Wendy (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928497442)

Posted by RedScorpion on 12-28-2017 05:35 PM:

Top prospects out of L's Wendy

How many out there?

Out of which cross?

How old?

How far in their development?

Richard: Which cross on her do you consider the best and why?

How many pups does she have on the ground?

Are most of the pups off her similar, or do you see the male's influence in each cross?

Posted by Richard Lambert on 12-28-2017 11:42 PM:

Wendy has produced about 50 pups but I don't know how many are still living. I don't know which litter was "best". The Moose litter was best so far but they are oldest. Three are titled and 3 or 4 others have places but are now owned by pleasure hunters. I also had a nice one from that litter that got killed with 3 seconds and a 4th. The Boone litter all went to pleasure hunters except for Daniel who had a couple of wins and was pretty nice but died from a heat stroke last Summer.I also kept a female that just got a second but I haven't hunted her very much. There are several from the Jim litter that are nice. Rhonda is a Nt Ch. Bill Anderson has a nice male and female but they have never been in a hunt. One of his hunting buddies just bought a pup because Bill's dog keeps making his Walker dog look bad. I have a buddy in Alabama that has one that is real nice but he will never see a hunt. He likes him so much that his buddies keep coming and buying pups. The Ranger litter may turn out to be the best from what I have heard but they are only about 18 mos old. Then there is the Rocky litter that is 10 mos old. Don Barnett says that his will get deep and treed with a coon all by himself now.
You would think that since she is so tight linebred her pups would be like her but that is not the case. Each litter is different and seem to take a lot of their Sire's traits.
Maybe some of her pups owners will describe what/how their's is doing.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 12-28-2017 11:54 PM:

Most of the pups that I sell are to guys that have already bought one and like it so much they want another. Or one of their buddy's calls to say that they want one. To me that means more than anything I can say.

Posted by Don Barnett Sr on 12-29-2017 04:58 PM:

Crosscountry L's Trump

Trump is off CH GRNITECH FICKEN'S DEEPWOODS ROCKY X GRNITECH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.
Trump treed his first coon at 9 months. I have singled him out now, 100% solo. He has treed every time out. Only one den lastnight. It was cold and water is rising fast.
Bawl on track, a nice locate, and chop tree.

Posted by BLAKE WHEELER on 12-29-2017 05:01 PM:

Winnie

I have a female out of the Moose x Wendy litter, she's probably not a top prospect but she's a very nice dog to hunt. She has a male dog mouth bawl on track and a steady hard chop on tree. She wont get super deep but will generally get deep enough to strike a track in thin coon. 800-900 yds is about as deep as she will go to strike a track by herself. She's not a straight line hunter, her first cast wins she circled around behind us and treed a coon in the opposite direction the other dogs went. She likes to be by herself but not to the point where she wont tree with another dog. She has a very good nose(sometimes too good of a nose) she runs the first track she comes to and finishes it generally with a coon at the end. She is a little slow to settle on a tree because she check herself a lot. She don't need a whole lot of correction for trash, but just like all dogs she has her crappy nights and looks like straight junk.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-26-2018 02:44 PM:

Wade, who is owned, started, trained by Kayleigh Wilson. He is out of Ranger X Wendy....

Posted by RedScorpion on 01-26-2018 03:20 PM:

Naturals

Richard---How many of the pups and out of which crosses were "naturals?"...the kind that weren't messed with much but just went hunting, ran track, and treed the first few times out?...and then there is the Buck litter.

Thanks

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-26-2018 04:41 PM:

Just about all of the Ranger, Jim and Moose pups with a few exceptions of course. Maybe the Jim and Ranger pups the most but I have only heard from 2 of the Rocky pup owners and they are only 11 mos old. Two of the Moose pups were hunted in PKC Baby Stakes and four in 1 yr old Super Stakes. I have found that while very early starting "natural" pups will sure get you excited, that doesn't neccesarily mean that they finish into the best overall coondogs when they mature.

Posted by RedScorpion on 01-26-2018 04:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Just about all of the Ranger, Jim and Moose pups with a few exceptions of course. Maybe the Jim and Ranger pups the most but I have only heard from 2 of the Rocky pup owners and they are only 11 mos old. Two of the Moose pups were hunted in PKC Baby Stakes and four in 1 yr old Super Stakes. I have found that while very early starting "natural" pups will sure get you excited, that doesn't neccesarily mean that they finish into the best overall coondogs when they mature.

Agree...But it does say a lot about that little female's reproducing ability to throw a fair number of naturals regardless of the male bred to.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-26-2018 05:11 PM:

She is an all around balanced and pretty nice but not great dog. You can see the influence of each Sire in his pups.

Posted by jguilliams on 01-26-2018 09:21 PM:

I have one from the Ranger X Wendy cross.
Have hunted him mostly solo for the past three months. Would not say that he likes to be by himself but from time to time will.
Quick to strike, but not a babbler. Good locate and chop on tree.
Good mouth that is easy to distinguish and carries well.
Right now he takes the tracks he comes to, is fairly accurate and I like hunting him.
Will be put in his first UKC hunt tonight.
And maybe most importantly for those of you who know me, he belongs to me and not someone else.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-26-2018 10:18 PM:

And why is he the first one out of maybe 10 young dogs that you refused to give back? Is it because he is so good looking? He is the first one that I have "given away". But it wasn't my plan. Where is Adam Wingler? I want him to mark this down.

Posted by jkhutch on 01-26-2018 11:05 PM:

quote:
And why is he the first one out of maybe 10 young dogs that you refused to give back?

Maybe he had some good training from the beginning .

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-27-2018 03:48 AM:

Didn't Keith start Bolt and get him going?

Posted by jkhutch on 01-27-2018 04:04 AM:

Well I didn’t say who did I??

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4

Posted by BLAKE WHEELER on 01-27-2018 09:51 AM:

Talking

One of her daughters just got her first win towards Grand tonight

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-27-2018 01:37 PM:

Blake, you might just have your own foundation female. Another one of her daughter's won $72 last night also.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-28-2018 03:32 PM:

I got another text last night. Here is Molly, Chad Cartwright's lil female out of Ranger X Wendy. Molly and Chad's son are going to be hard to beat this summer.

Posted by tripple river on 01-28-2018 08:59 PM:

Re: Naturals

quote:
Originally posted by RedScorpion
Richard---How many of the pups and out of which crosses were "naturals?"...the kind that weren't messed with much but just went hunting, ran track, and treed the first few times out?...and then there is the Buck litter.

Thanks

a friend of mine has one out of Jim that is like you described . I hunted with him at 7 months old maybe his first time in the woods did fantastic. Hunted with him 8-10 times since and he just has a knack for treeing every coon in the woods.i have a Wendy pup now.

Posted by hawkeye on 01-29-2018 08:19 PM:

Wendy

I've got a Wendy x Ranger pup ( Wild Mike) very natural pup does good with my older dog but does alot better by his self ! Good winding ability likes to split from the old dog or she's to slow lol ! He's good about having a coon, likes to get deeeep! I've got pics and videos of him but can't get them on here! He will be making it to the Hunt's! Will be at Paola Ks on the 3rd for a UKC hunt also going to be in pkc Hunt's soon

Posted by jguilliams on 01-29-2018 10:10 PM:

quote:
And why is he the first one out of maybe 10 young dogs that you refused to give back? Is it because he is so good looking? He is the first one that I have "given away". But it wasn't my plan. Where is Adam Wingler? I want him to mark this down.

There have been quite a few.
Looks.....I don't know, Can't see him in the dark.
I have been know to be quiet and not say anything or send one back from time to time.
Penny
Daisy
Chick

Given away.....oh my. The way I see it we have some more trading to do in the future. Just keep sending them, I will let you know if I like them or not.

Posted by fordsky on 01-30-2018 12:33 AM:

I have 3 dogs off Wendy. Two of them are out of jim the male was a natural best dog I've ever put a lead on. The female started slower but is making a nice dog needs some more work on tracking hanges up a bit but is getting better. The 3rd one is out of ranger. She is slow to start but is now showing some interest.

Great River Iowa Sam. Jim+Wendy

Great River Iowa Woody

Great River Hawkeye Sally jim×Wendy

Great River Annie Oakley ranger×Wendy

Great River Hawkeye Izzy aka Texas

Rip

Bill's Red Kate

Great River Ernies joe

ERNIES RED KATE

Great River Bill's Little Girl

Great River Iowa Boone

Posted by Richard Lambert on 01-30-2018 01:47 PM:

From what I am hearing, the Rocky X Wendy litter may be the best yet.

Posted by Adam Wingler on 01-30-2018 03:57 PM:

quote:

See what great things can happen when you aren’t so greedy??? 😮

Posted by Don Barnett Sr on 02-01-2018 02:11 PM:

Rocky X Wendy pup

Trump is still doing it solo. He seems to be doing better everytime out. He got a nice layup monday night. He's gonna be a goodun for shore.