UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Mr. Dave Richards (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928523337)

Posted by Charlie Scott on 10-18-2019 05:24 AM:

Mr. Dave Richards

Sir I don't know you but I'd sure love to meet you. I don't always agree with you but you have made me see a different view. Sometimes you get worked up and say something that don't sound right but that's how you feel and you can't hold that against a man. I've seen conversation on this site for years and never said much or said what I thought. But I want to say I enjoy what you have to say,and do. I remember last year you gave away hunting stuff you didn't need. That was awesome. I was gonna ask for something you put up but I had just saved up enough to buy a few things and figured someone else needed it more. I seen how you helped tar out with his club. You're a good man and thank you. Good hunting and good luck to you and your family.

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-18-2019 07:29 AM:

Charlie

I appreciate the kind remarks, never hesitate to let me know if I can be of any help to you. I would consider it a privilege to meet and hunt with you. Dave

Posted by yadkintar on 10-18-2019 11:35 AM:

Dave I decided at our first hunt I am going to split the money in two you sent me and the two plus point cast winners will receive an extra $60 on top of their winnings that night. That’s what the guys wanted.

Thanks again.

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-18-2019 09:46 PM:

Tar

You are welcome, and as I told you before, use it anyway you want. I hope this gift helps your club, maybe inspire others to help in some way. Dave

Posted by Al Medcalf on 10-19-2019 12:21 AM:

I agree

Charlie Scott, I agree with you. Mr. Dave seems like a fine fellow

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-19-2019 01:38 AM:

Al Metcalf

Thanks for the kind remarks. Dave

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-20-2019 11:11 PM:

Compliments

Guys these compliments mean a lot to me and I truly appreciate them. Some of my previous posts were not so favorable to me, they tended to be ego driven and in truth shameful to me. We have some forum members who have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with others. We don't have to agree with everything others have to say but we do owe each other respect. Personally, I am committed to myself to check my ego before I make any comments about anyone or their thoughts on any subject matter. You may just be surprised how much we can learn from others when we are truly interested in what they have to say and not letting our egos cloud our judgement. Dave

Posted by CHEWBACH on 10-21-2019 12:01 AM:

Re: Compliments

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Guys these compliments mean a lot to me and I truly appreciate them. Some of my previous posts were not so favorable to me, they tended to be ego driven and in truth shameful to me. We have some forum members who have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with others. We don't have to agree with everything others have to say but we do owe each other respect. Personally, I am committed to myself to check my ego before I make any comments about anyone or their thoughts on any subject matter. You may just be surprised how much we can learn from others when we are truly interested in what they have to say and not letting our egos cloud our judgement. Dave
Sure your a great guy even tho you hunt michie hounds. don't ask! lol

Posted by Cory Highfill on 10-21-2019 03:17 AM:

Mr. Richards is one of the reasons I still check in on the board. Never met him face to face, but he seems like a guy I'd get along with.

Now his buddy Tar, he lives close enough to make a visit. I may have to go see what he's packin' some of these days...

Posted by yadkintar on 10-21-2019 04:07 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
Mr. Richards is one of the reasons I still check in on the board. Never met him face to face, but he seems like a guy I'd get along with.

Now his buddy Tar, he lives close enough to make a visit. I may have to go see what he's packin' some of these days...

I just got a mediocre dog that will tree a coon but the only gaurentee I will make is you will get all the fried catfish and fixens you can hold.

Your welcome any time.

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 10-21-2019 05:32 AM:

Cory Highfill

Thanks for such a nice compliment, I can say that you are probably one of the most honest men anyone could ever deal with. I would take your word about any dog sight unseen, as that would be the exact way the dog would be. You are one of the few that I put that kind of trust in and it's well deserved. I hope we can meet sometimes, maybe go hunting, it would be my pleasure. You should visit Tar sometime, the food alone would be worth the trip, but I believe you would have a good hunt too. Dave