UKC Forums
Show all 23 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- trying to find out which is the best walker bloodline (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928318958)

Posted by bubba1234 on 05-15-2013 04:09 PM:

trying to find out which is the best walker bloodline

i have a walker female off of dirty rat who's dad was rat attack and i am planning on breeding her next year and want to find the best sire i can breed her to so if you can give me some names and numbers thank you and GOD BLESS

Posted by RED REBELS on 05-15-2013 04:18 PM:

different line cross well together, if you look at the winners of the past few years events, find out their bloodlines and pick a reoccurring sire, odd are, you'll get something you like.

asking like this is, your going to get 100 different answers, which none of them may have or reproduce the hunt style you like. do your research, dont let other make up your mind for you.

but if your looking for an answer, Trackman, Cold Sweat, Mojo, Skuna River Bear, Skuna River Bark, and Harry Bawls have reproduced nice dogs on just about every female they've been crossed on

Posted by dumbdog1988 on 05-15-2013 05:46 PM:

go INSANE...and i would highly disagree all the dogs above have reproduced good on nearly every female theyve mounted.
I dont care how good the stud is if hes bred enough hes going to throw some culls!

Posted by Hopkins/Lipper on 05-15-2013 06:10 PM:

LIPPER'S DR. LAW..,

Seriously not much on Rat dogs ... But Dr. Law
has crossed well on them . It gives more track , mouth, drive and
Accuracy to them.
Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/ Lipper
903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Posted by john Duemmer on 05-15-2013 06:50 PM:

Bone collector is throwing some exceptional young dogs. He is a winner and his pups are winning everywhere.

Posted by perry co cooner on 05-15-2013 09:06 PM:

Dr. Law and Rooster are throwing some nice dogs I believe. Everyone that owns or hunted them really seem to like them.

Posted by Grant Noeske on 05-15-2013 09:30 PM:

Re: trying to find out which is the best walker bloodline

quote:
Originally posted by bubba1234
i have a walker female off of dirty rat who's dad was rat attack and i am planning on breeding her next year and want to find the best sire i can breed her to so if you can give me some names and numbers thank you and GOD BLESS

Tell us more about your female. What are her strong points and holes? Who is her mother and what's her mother go back to?

Posted by bert45 on 05-15-2013 09:38 PM:

I Got Pup Out Stylish Hook Tree His Own Coon At 6 Mo Old Stylish Hook Is A Great Bred Clover Hound Extra Extra Extra Loud

Posted by HOBO on 05-15-2013 10:24 PM:

WAIT let me get some popcorn.. This could get GOOD....

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Posted by topdog 60 on 05-15-2013 11:47 PM:

Down here the best would be ridge runner. goes back too some old old blood. that's what makes it here.

CELL 479-747-0819

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 05-16-2013 12:39 AM:

quote:

My question is WHY? Not being smart but why do you want to breed her?

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by perry co cooner on 05-16-2013 12:41 AM:

Re: Re: trying to find out which is the best walker bloodline

quote:
Originally posted by The Seeker
My question is WHY? Not being smart but why do you want to breed her?

Uhh I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he'd like to have a pup off her.

Posted by big m.d. on 05-16-2013 12:41 AM:

Rat blood has always produced well with stylish harry blood

Posted by tim griffin on 05-16-2013 01:42 AM:

quote:
it really depends what u like is how you should breed her. mouth, tracking ability, tree power ect.. what is she week on. i hunt or hunted about every blood line there is. i start pups for people all the time. all of different lines, just depends on what u like

GRCH GRNITECH SHOCK STYLE RACHET ... (The loudest Plott Alive) high scoring dog Friday night plott days 2016 high scoring plott dog Saturday night 2016. 2016 world hunt qualifier.
2016 Top 100
2016 Oklahoma State Champion
2016 Purina Breed Race Winner
2017 World Hunt Qualifier

Posted by SKK on 05-16-2013 01:58 AM:

TRACH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by GLANCY'S 7 MILE on 05-16-2013 02:30 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by dumbdog1988
I dont care how good the stud is if hes bred enough hes going to throw some culls!

You also got to think of it like this: If he's bred enough he's bound to eventually throw a few good ones HAHA!

There's a lot of good stud dogs out there, and you've got a Rat Attack bred female which should cross good on a lot of different lines. I would suggest to find a stud that's throwing the kind of dogs YOU like to hunt.

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Posted by wiscboy on 05-16-2013 06:00 AM:

quote:

Your asking a pretty vag question. The equivalent to your questions is like saying, "What kind of bottled water taste best?" Now someone might respond by saying, do you like expensive or cheap water? name brand or off brand? how do you like it purified? reverse osmosis or distilled? etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line, is you got to find what you want. If distance or price is an issue, i'd look around your parts and learn more about the studs. In mississippi there are some studs out of homer who has thrown some real nice hounds. Full Throttle Jiggs is one of them and has done some serious winning.

In addition, it depends on what your plans are for the pups. If you plan on keeping them all, find a stud dog you like and breed to him regardless of what anyone says. If you wanna just keep one or two and sell the rest then your probably wanna pick a stud thats well known, such as hardwood bean, cold sweat, mojo, cutter, and basically any stud that off of the xjr x insane jane cross. However if your in it too make money then you better find something in the current top 10 (I hope thats not the case).

My personal take, find a house bred stud.

Posted by gfults on 05-16-2013 08:05 PM:

I cant believe nobody has mentioned WIPEOUT!! If I was a walker dog man, thats the way Id go in a heartbeat. Strike power, extreme amount of go power, extreme track speed, loud hard tree dogs that are real bad about having the coon.

Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Pa. Junior
Tenn. Black Lexus( Pa. Junior x Hulios Lil Stripper)

PKC Ch. Tenn. Blackjack- R.I.P.

Posted by devan131313 on 05-25-2013 08:55 PM:

MOJO my 1st choice trackman my 2nd choice judge dredd my third choice or mojo mason or just call me snap

Posted by BIGGUN! on 05-26-2013 02:21 AM:

Zeb 3 , legend, clover, bred stud of some kind jmo dont want to make anyone upset lol

Posted by Cry Tough Blues on 05-26-2013 02:39 AM:

River Bend or Yadkin River

Posted by SOUTHERNSTYLE on 05-26-2013 03:52 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Cry Tough Blues
River Bend or Yadkin River

x2!

TRAIN EM ALONE!

PKC CH GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' MIDNIGHT FLY

Posted by JUGHEAD11675 on 05-26-2013 03:55 AM:

Good luck just hunt with what ever you decide on