UKC Forums
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- FROZEN SEMEN.....Never Gone (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=402820)

Posted by Charles Pullen on 01-27-2011 06:16 AM:

FROZEN SEMEN.....Never Gone

Never Gone , myself and a good friend are thinking about having our males collected. Has anybody use them and what did you think of them? Also what's the cost .....collected & storage ?

Their prices sounds great from what they quoted us , any info ?

Also thanks David R. for the info. but I don't think I'm going with a tank of my own cause of the possibilty of it going bad and taking a chance of losing it all, but again thanks for help.

Posted by cib on 01-27-2011 09:31 AM:

Never Gone

Dean is a reel nice guy to deal with.Back in November it cost $175 per collection plus $25 per 10 staws for storage a year.

Posted by primetime on 01-27-2011 12:14 PM:

Where are they located?

NtCH Northern Blue Killer II
PR Northern Blue Moon
PR Primetime Blue Sasha
PR Primetime Blue Arrow
Gone But Not Forgotten
NTCHCH Northern Blue Blazin Jade
NTCHCH Northern Blue Killer

Posted by coondogman on 01-27-2011 12:17 PM:

WABASH INDIANA

Dean Bitzell

765-981-2268

Posted by Majestic Tree H on 01-27-2011 01:56 PM:

Charles you have a very good Collection/Storage/AI Vet very close to you !!

They service several of Virginia's Largest Fox Hound Packs and You won't find a more "Hound/Hunting" Frendly Vet anywhere !!

Yes they are abit more expansive but with Gas Prices and Shipping Cost Up .. its nice to have your "Semen" Close to you ..

Rose Hill Vets which is just on rt-211 just east of Sperryville

Here is their Web Site http://www.rosehillvet.com/small-animal/index.php

It just seams a 300 mile trip each way to get a hound collected is a bit much

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Posted by JiM on 01-27-2011 02:58 PM:

Nevergone AI'ed my old bitch twice and was successfull both times. Dean is a great guy to work with.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by slim on 01-27-2011 03:04 PM:

Can anyone give me a price range on what it would cost to store some frozen semen?

Posted by edinpa on 01-27-2011 03:22 PM:

great

Dean breed a gyp for me. He was very knowledgable and kept me informed. Would highly recomend him and his staff.

Leon

Posted by POTOMAC on 01-27-2011 04:45 PM:

dean will be breeding my female and we are taking 2 males to get collcted at the same time. i have checked near and far and his prices blow away any compettitor but its not about money to me as much as wanting the best in the buisness to do the ai on my female. and according to all the people that i have spoke with he is the one period. just going to kill 3 birds with one stone.

Posted by Charles Pullen on 01-27-2011 05:39 PM:

I checked with a vet here near Richmond,Va. 450 to be collected,150 each year for storage. I was thinking about buying my own tank from a local farmer . The expense is the storage from what I see 10 years @ 150 = 1500.00 . But Potomac and I are thinking about Never Gone and I just wanted to get some info. I seriously think Never Gone is were we will be going.

Posted by SpcCumberledge on 01-27-2011 06:58 PM:

I recently used Animal Clinic Northview, near Cleveland OH, and though they were Expensive, I was more than pleased with the service.

http://www.northviewvet.com/

The Collection, Brucellosis Test, First Year of Storage, and the Price Per Vile, all came to just under $800.00, Storage thereafter is $125.00 per year.

Dr Hutchison, of the Clinic came very highly recommended from just about EVERY vet in the area. The Clinic is nicer than any Human Medical Center than I have ever seen, and they were fast, thorough, and very friendly. The staff were all very personable, and overall it was a great experience.

I had contacted Galaxie Genetics, and was hoping to do business with them, as they have come highly recommended by Several of the Big Name guys on here, but the owner is having health problems and couldn't get us scheduled when we needed to see him.

'PR' Wild Time Trinity, UKC First Place Win, out of The Joker

And now, the latest Addition:

'PR' Walkin' Tall Last Stand Leonidas AKA "Leo" our Pup out of Wild Time Timber Tiger.

Posted by Charles Pullen on 01-27-2011 09:57 PM:

Jvogat......call me @ 540-718-5211 (your mailbox is FULL)

Posted by jardog on 01-27-2011 11:30 PM:

Dean will collect the semen and check it to make sure that it is good. The initial cost to have it collected, frozen and stored was $200 (May 2010). Then you are charged $25.00 for annual storage. I had a male dog collected by Dean and have also had a female AIed by Dean. He is one of the best in the business and extremely good at what he does. I have never heard anyone that has had a bad experience using Dean.

Posted by Barnyard on 01-28-2011 02:48 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by jardog
Dean will collect the semen and check it to make sure that it is good. The initial cost to have it collected, frozen and stored was $200 (May 2010). Then you are charged $25.00 for annual storage. I had a male dog collected by Dean and have also had a female AIed by Dean. He is one of the best in the business and extremely good at what he does. I have never heard anyone that has had a bad experience using Dean.

CORRECTION! YOU ARE NOT CHARGED $25.00 PER YEAR. IT IS $2.50 PER STRAW/Per Year- AFTER THE 1ST YEAR!

You can't beat Dean anywhere! He is knowledgable, experienced, & very accomidating! He will go out of his way to make you happy! I have used him on 9-10 seperate occasions, & he collects, & stores for me!

Cell- 574-538-9431

Posted by JiM on 01-28-2011 03:04 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by SpcCumberledge
I recently used Animal Clinic Northview, near Cleveland OH, and though they were Expensive, I was more than pleased with the service.

http://www.northviewvet.com/

The Collection, Brucellosis Test, First Year of Storage, and the Price Per Vile, all came to just under $800.00, Storage thereafter is $125.00 per year.

Dr Hutchison, of the Clinic came very highly recommended from just about EVERY vet in the area. The Clinic is nicer than any Human Medical Center than I have ever seen, and they were fast, thorough, and very friendly. The staff were all very personable, and overall it was a great experience.

I had contacted Galaxie Genetics, and was hoping to do business with them, as they have come highly recommended by Several of the Big Name guys on here, but the owner is having health problems and couldn't get us scheduled when we needed to see him.

$125 per year for semen storage? That's just plumb crazy.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by Majestic Tree H on 01-28-2011 03:19 PM:

If you want to store yourself this is the best price out their for tanks !!

But you need to be close to a "Roberts Ox" or Other Gas Supplier that has Liquid N2.

http://sementank.com/

The CT 20 will last a 140 days per filling
http://sementank.com/CT20.htm

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds