UKC Forums
Show all 18 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Shining Time (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928509497)

Posted by shadinc on 09-18-2018 08:05 PM:

Shining Time

If one member of the cast finds a coon after 7 minutes and 55 seconds, can more time be used for the judge or majority to see it?

Posted by TylerOSU on 09-18-2018 08:09 PM:

Re: Shining Time

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
If one member of the cast finds a coon after 7 minutes and 55 seconds, can more time be used for the judge or majority to see it?

Yeah they have 5 seconds to see it. 8 minutes is 8 minutes. Think if they put exceptions in the rulebook and the amount of advantage would be taken to waste hunt time. IF you were winning the hunt and your dog treed a circle tree and I knew the other dogs were treed when you pull off at 7:55 seconds why wouldn't you yell here he is just to stall the cast... Just a thought as a handler.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Posted by delta nightlife on 09-19-2018 02:55 AM:

I would say yes makes no difference he found it before shine time was over gotta score it

Posted by wakenda creek b on 09-19-2018 03:04 AM:

Tree must be scored in the 8 minutes

Posted by delta nightlife on 09-19-2018 03:37 AM:

Your right I was wrong sorry bout that

Posted by randywoodard2 on 09-19-2018 03:18 PM:

If the coon is in their light I'll give it to them. Right is right. Now if their still searching and trying to bull crap and find it on the opposite side of the tree then no.

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Posted by blueticker on 09-19-2018 03:43 PM:

Majority of the cast must see the coon in the 8 minutes. If its scored over the 8 minutes it's called cheating. Showing good sportsmanship as a judge is following the rules .

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Posted by shadinc on 09-19-2018 03:45 PM:

I'll tell the rest of the story then you can tell me what you would have done. Two dog cast. My dog struck for 100, judges dog for 75. Judges dog trees for 125. Huge oak tree. My dog came in after 5 minutes. We're shining, Judge says 7 minutes gone one minute left. A few seconds later I see the coon. Judge on other side of tree. When he got to me it took a few more seconds to find the coon again. We never looked at the clock again. It might have been a few seconds past 8 minutes when he saw the coon. We plused it and went on. It was the only coon we saw that night. What would you have done?

Posted by CHEWBACH on 09-19-2018 04:43 PM:

honesty

you don't know how much over the 8 you went ! one second is over ! why not go 5 min over! same.

Posted by RJ Burks on 09-19-2018 05:58 PM:

Just say I'm the judge and we are shining a huge oak....the guy who's dog is treed is on the other side of tree from me which is across a small creek and at 7:55 he says I got him right here....it takes me 10 to 15 seconds to get around to him and sure enough there he is....plus him up

Posted by joey on 09-20-2018 02:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I'll tell the rest of the story then you can tell me what you would have done. Two dog cast. My dog struck for 100, judges dog for 75. Judges dog trees for 125. Huge oak tree. My dog came in after 5 minutes. We're shining, Judge says 7 minutes gone one minute left. A few seconds later I see the coon. Judge on other side of tree. When he got to me it took a few more seconds to find the coon again. We never looked at the clock again. It might have been a few seconds past 8 minutes when he saw the coon. We plused it and went on. It was the only coon we saw that night. What would you have done?

If no one was looking and you didn't know then you cant say if it was over or not. So plus it.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by shadinc on 09-20-2018 02:27 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by joey
If no one was looking and you didn't know then you cant say if it was over or not. So plus it.
That's what I thought. His dog treed the coon. Why shouldn't he get credit for it? I saw it before 8 minutes. I wasn't a majority of the cast but, I drew -100 and he got + 200. Was I cheating?

Posted by JB Cobb on 09-20-2018 03:11 AM:

Nope called rewarding the dog for doing a good job

Posted by H DOG on 09-20-2018 03:26 AM:

I would have plus it to too many people out there want to win by scratching you or minus you be a sportsman do the right thing

Posted by Rip on 09-20-2018 03:52 AM:

Bottom line is the majority of the cast has to see the coon within the 8. No grace periods.

Cast should bust their butts to get over there if the time is ticking.

If you KNOWINGLY scored a tree after the 8 then yes, no matter the excuse you are cheating. Just the facts of the matter.

Posted by blueticker on 09-20-2018 05:12 AM:

Time wasn't called on the tree, poor judging. Plus the coon but be ready for the judge to call time if the shoe is on the other foot. I've found that bending the rules is cheating just like breaking the rules. It normally escalates to more problems. I will have a stopwatch if I'm hunting in a competitive hunt. The judge will know I'm using it for backup if he needs conformation. One night I was shining a tree and started squalling after the two minutes and the judge told me I was scratched. His watch showed 1:40 gone, he corrected his watches mistake. His watch was that far off. I had questioned his watch earlier on a tree call. Carry a stopwatch is highly recommended.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Posted by brack carr on 09-20-2018 12:26 PM:

I was in a hunt were I found the coon, with three min. left and they didn't make it over there to see my coon in time . now is that fare I don't think so. if it is I will take my time getting over there more often. yes that did happen to me but I will not do it to you I'm not that way

Posted by pamjohnson on 09-20-2018 01:36 PM:

They are honor rules for a reason.
If your the judge and not pulsing this situation up do the hunts a favor and stay home.