UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Question for anyone (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928522935)

Posted by Jessica knight on 10-04-2019 02:08 AM:

Question for anyone

Has anyone ever seen a blue treeing walker coonhound puppy her mom is ladner’s Wild maya and the dad is ladner’s wild tomahawk? They threw blue walker pups that are tri colored. If I knew how to post pictures I would.

Posted by Coby Wright on 10-04-2019 02:58 AM:

Re: Question for anyone

quote:
Originally posted by Jessica knight
Has anyone ever seen a blue treeing walker coonhound puppy her mom is ladner’s Wild maya and the dad is ladner’s wild tomahawk? They threw blue walker pups that are tri colored. If I knew how to post pictures I would.

I have never seen it, but I've heard about it happening.

Both Walkers and Blueticks originated from the English breed, so it's possible as they share some ancestors.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Posted by Clif Owen on 10-04-2019 02:58 AM:

Yes, I saw one that was "meter box gray" once too. If I'm not mistaken; the blue color is caused in some way by a recessive gene in what should have been black. I've seen some discussion about this but don't recall everything that was said.

ps......the gray puppy was directly out of Lipper; for what that's worth.

Posted by tommygunner on 10-04-2019 12:48 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Clif Owen
Yes, I saw one that was "meter box gray" once too. If I'm not mistaken; the blue color is caused in some way by a recessive gene in what should have been black. I've seen some discussion about this but don't recall everything that was said.

ps......the gray puppy was directly out of Lipper; for what that's worth.

I call BS, Lipper never threw nothing but beautiful pups

Posted by yadkintar on 10-04-2019 01:11 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by tommygunner

Depends on whichever lipper your talking about the Texas lipper or the Missouri lipper.

Tar

Posted by Jessica knight on 10-04-2019 02:00 PM:

What ever happened in that breeding hasn’t happened before. They are some pretty pup though.

Posted by tommygunner on 10-04-2019 02:19 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Depends on whichever lipper your talking about the Texas lipper or the Missouri lipper.

Tar

Posted by Clif Owen on 10-04-2019 07:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by tommygunner

Including the ones that looked like collies? I recall one or 2 of those also.

Posted by Larry Atherton on 10-04-2019 10:13 PM:

I have heard some people say the color is gray, blueish gray, blueish, and grayish black. When a picture is shown it is usually the color I am familiar with.

This color has been around for a long time in several different strains in walkers. It is caused by a modifier gene that interacts with the black color gene.

The genetics of dog color are well documented in dog breeding literature. If anyone is interested in more details, have information in one of my many books I could look up.

Aim small miss small

Posted by Larry Atherton on 10-04-2019 10:13 PM:

I have heard some people say the color is gray, blueish gray, blueish, and grayish black. When a picture is shown it is usually the color I am familiar with.

This color has been around for a long time in several different strains in walkers. It is caused by a modifier gene that interacts with the black color gene.

The genetics of dog color are well documented in dog breeding literature. If anyone is interested in more details, have information in one of my many books I could look up.

Aim small miss small