UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Classified Ad (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928526411)

Posted by Preacher Tom on 01-18-2020 03:36 AM:

Classified Ad

Saw a classified ad that said "Looking for a really good coon dog." I thought "boy ain't we all!!"

Posted by wart on 01-18-2020 02:26 PM:

Dogs

HA what a about a ad for looking for a real good coonhunter most people who put those ads on here don't hunt enough to own a good dog anyway including myself.

Posted by Dave Richards on 01-18-2020 10:00 PM:

Tom Wood

Lol. Our coon hunting community is fairly small and most of us probably know all of the hunters in our area, by name or reputation. We know pretty much who has a good dog in our area and should a good dog come up for sale, someone local will buy it, Don't need to advertise. I ignore all ads due to this fact, why does someone local not buy the dog if it's that good? Unless it's a pup or started dog, no one should have to advertise a coon dog for sale. COON DOGS are rare and always in demand in whatever area you live in, the better the dog the easier it is to sell local. My thoughts are anyone advertising s coon dog really does not have a coon dog, they just have a average dog that no one local wants to buy. Dave

Posted by Cory Highfill on 01-19-2020 01:08 AM:

Those are good points Dave, and I'll agree that good ones usually sell without being advertised. But I've sold a couple on the boards over the years that local hunters couldn't afford, and one or two that I wanted out of my country!

Posted by Dave Richards on 01-19-2020 01:28 AM:

Cory Highfill

I would buy from you anytime based on your word alone, but you are the exception to the rule. I also, agree there are sometimes good reasons why one may not sell to a local buyer, price is one of the reasons and jealously is another. Lol. Dave

Posted by bowling on 01-19-2020 02:08 AM:

I sold one on here a couple years back that won the Purina race and another that won walker days several more nice dogs never had a complaint there are some nice dogs that sell on this board but I know there are a lot of junk also. What guys can’t understand if you have a pretty decent dog 30 nights in the woods alone will make an extremely nice dog out of it.

Posted by Dave Richards on 01-19-2020 04:36 AM:

Herman Bowling

I remember those dogs, yes some like yourself do sell decent dogs, but most are a waste of time and the dogs are average at best. I believe a Red Bone female that won Grand American a couple years back came from you as well. You definitely know a good dog and have owned some good ones. Dave

Posted by bowling on 01-19-2020 07:58 AM:

One of the best I ever followed was a red bone they are hard to find I think they are the prettiest dogs that you will ever see there are two of them buried on my place and their collars are still hanging in garage to remind me what a real dog is.

Posted by wart on 01-19-2020 01:40 PM:

Dogs

Find a real coonhunter and you will usually find a coon treeing type dog