UKC Forums Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Show all 117 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Treeing Walkers (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=52)
-- Tar Heel Nitro (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=317884)

Posted by SCOTT ENGLE on 11-01-2011 04:51 AM:

MASON'S GRAND DADDY.. I KIND OF LIKE HIM!

GRAND NITE CHAMPION
BOOGAR HOLLOW MOJO
513-284-4874

Posted by BawlinBlues on 11-01-2011 06:33 AM:

ive got a female thats direct offNitro and Gr Nite Ch Yadkin River Bug.shes 9 and all coondog and best all around hound ive owned and has the looks to go with it.i plan on breedn for the last time when she comes in and want to breed her to a nice stud with nitro blood.ive got a couple in mind let me no if anybody has a nice one .

Coty Strannahan

Posted by BawlinBlues on 11-01-2011 06:36 AM:

who owns mud run milo dog and wats his numb and wheres he located?thanks

Coty Strannahan

Posted by Christy on 11-01-2011 01:15 PM:

LET'S POST OUR PICS AND PEDIGREES ON OUR NITRO DOGS!

HERE'S OURS WE HAVE NOW...I'LL DIG UP HANKS LATER. BUT HANK WAS OUT OF NITRO AND A FEMALE CALLED ROCK RIVER LADY DI A LITTERMATE SISTER TO ROCK RIVER FRANK.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Posted by Lone Pine JB on 11-01-2011 01:17 PM:

lazy is the polar opposite of what my GRNITE male off Nitro is. He goes hard, too hard sometimes.

Drew Little Miss Milo and Mr Spock Friday night at the Zones last year.
They were both real nice dogs. Lone Pine Eilleen won the cast though, but she's my all time favorite competition dog.

pic of my male winning King of Hunt at Walker Sectional

Lone Pine North

Posted by Ron Ashbaugh on 11-01-2011 01:34 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Forest
lazy is the polar opposite of what my male off Nitro is. He goes hard, too hard sometimes.

I hunted with this dog his whole life. I have never once seen him be lazy. Just an all around nice dog that is as pleasant as a dog could be. I don't know anything about "nitro" dogs, but this dog out of Nitro has always been a nice one.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Posted by amazingcursouth on 11-01-2011 02:04 PM:

well to help the fellow out that thinks that nitro would have been nothing without proper promotion. Well heck that goes for most all studs out there. Rat Attack is a VERY good example of that. Look at Stylish Hickory Nut Harry......hello. Timothy Ball is a fine fellow but he is a great Salesman. Harry had magic crosses and that is what made him famous. Nitro was a super nice hound in the woods. I hunted with him several times and he would throw mud in your face. Never saw him run trash........but show me a dog that has a lot of hunt and drive and i show you a dog hard to get completely broke. Most people that bash have never had a real coon dog.......so let the chip fall where they may. Eventhough i hunted with nitro, i only owned 1 pup off of him. He made nite champion at 10 months and had 3 wins toward grand by his 2nd birthday. I sold him due to work. thats been years ago

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Posted by Allen / UKC on 11-01-2011 06:57 PM:

Never did hunt with Nitro but have hunted quite a bit with a friend of mine's dog who is off of Nitro. Mud Run Milo, and his littermate sister, were both tuff as nails. Your hound better be on and having a dang good night when it came to competing against them. During season you could plan on a few extra hides in the sack when they were doin' the huntin'. Any "lazy" characteristics certainly didn't carry over to either one of these two.

Posted by rockett42 on 11-02-2011 12:13 AM:

I agree Mike. I never said I hunted with Nitro, but I did talk to Allen about him and I dont think he told me a lie about his own dog. Didnt mean to start anything and wont post on this again. If I made anyone mad or hurt some feelings I am sorry............

Posted by David Gardin on 11-02-2011 12:39 AM:

NITRO

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT A GUY THAT DIDNT HUNT WITH A DOG AND PASTED AND OPION OF HIS HUNTING STYLE ARE TREE STYLE OR DIDNT HUNT WITH HIS PUPS AND PASSED WAS JUST TALKING TO GATTER ATTION OR RUN SOME ONE ELSE DOG DOWN THE SECOND YEAR THAT ALLEN HAD NITRO I HUNTED WITH ABOUT 40 YOUNG DOGS OFF HIM A TOOK PICTURES FOR ALLEN ALL WE TREED WITH COON BY THE WAY I DIDNT EVER ASK WHAT BHE PAID FRANK FOR HIM AND DIDNT CARE AND I KNOW ALLEN NEVER TOLD ANY ONE ANY NEGITIVE ABOUT HIM

Posted by james boyd on 11-02-2011 06:39 AM:

you know i read down this thread and they talk about nitro and i have never hunted with him it is the exactly the same of what you see in gr nite ch mud run milo nitro must of recreated himself in milo and milo is throwing the same things in his pups

Posted by amazingcursouth on 11-02-2011 01:48 PM:

MikeR...what you hunting? figures

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Posted by old ben on 11-02-2011 02:26 PM:

Did tony ray own him before allen ??

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Posted by hotrodwalkerman on 11-02-2011 03:03 PM:

Re: NITRO

quote:
Originally posted by David Gardin
I HUNTED NITRO AS MUTCH AS ANY ONE BESIDES DANNY GIBSON THAT RAISED HIM AND SOLD HIM TO FRANK G WHERE ALLEN BOUGHT HIM I THINK I WAS THE ONE THAT MADE THE PHOTO IN THE ADD HE WAS NOT HUNTED AFTER HE WAS 4 YEAR OLD OR SO WE PICKED HIM UP OUT OF HWY 49 A MAJOR ROAD IN OUR COUNTRY THE LAST TIME HE WAS HUNTED HERE TONY BOUGHT HIM AFTER ALLEN DIED FROM CANCER NITRO WAS A NICE DOG WAS ONE HAED TREE DOG AND LOOKED REAL GOOD BY HIM SELF AT 3 OR 4 AM REAL LOUD AND HIS PUPS STARTED EARLY WITH BIG MOUYHS HE WAS A HARD HEADED DOG WAS NOT EASY TO CORRECT BUT HANDLED GOOD WOULD HEEL OUT HARD TO GET OFF A DEAD COON.

Posted by Karl Spillane on 11-02-2011 03:54 PM:

Nitro was 30 min. from my house, I hunted with problably 9 or 10 dogs off him on a nightly bases. EVERYONE OF THEM WERE ABOVE AVEVAGE COONHOUNDS, With that being said 2 of them were EXCEPTIONAL dogs.
As far as being lazy thats so far from the truth it's unreal, hunted with 3 pups off his brother Rocket and culled all 3, I did hear that Rocket was a far better hound. The best Nitro dog i hunted with was off of one of Clarence Thompson's females. All the nitro dogs i hunted with was off different females.

As far as Nitro never being Granded out everyone in this area always said he had an extremely bad opossum problem. BUT THATS ALL HEAR SAY.
But he was a reproducer!!!

GR.NT.CH.TREE BANGING GEN, GR.NT.CH.COKER'S SMOKING THUNDER,GR.NT.CH.NITRO'S SON,NT.CH SPILLANE'S HARDWOOD MANDY,
were just a few

PKC SCH GR.NT.CH. SKUNA RIVER SISSY (RIP)
Dual Grand Dukates Hillbilly Thunder(RIP)

"IF IT EATS HERE IT DOES WHAT IT WAS BRED TO DO"

252-308-8621

Posted by hilbily on 11-02-2011 05:12 PM:

Milo

This has my attention, Any additional contact info is appreciated, if permissible.
Not 100 % my Nitro hound is going to produce and better start thinking on plan B.

Thanks, Tim Payton

Posted by Dwils on 11-02-2011 05:21 PM:

I do not have Randy Davis number. But he lives around Columbia city Indiana. RANDY is a nice guy and Milo is gettin old. But ive hunted with little miss Milo( Reba) and several other nice ones off Milo. Milo is a rock solid very balanced hound.

Another plus is Milo is a good lookin scoundrel

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Posted by morewastedwages on 11-02-2011 11:18 PM:

GR.NT.CH MUD RUN MILO

i have hunted with milo and several pups off of milo and this i know is true(milo produces coon dogs) he is all coon dog,awesome looks and mouth.i have a 4 generation all grand female that will be going to randy davis house to get bred to milo,his pups start so easy,have looks to spare,and mouths out of this world.

Posted by Lone Pine JB on 11-03-2011 01:37 PM:

I really don't know anything about Nitro or his hunting style, his flaws, or anything else.

But I know I like my dog that is direct out of Nitro. And that's enough for me.

Lone Pine North

Posted by Christy on 11-03-2011 03:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Forest
I really don't know anything about Nitro or his hunting style, his flaws, or anything else.

But I know I like my dog that is direct out of Nitro. And that's enough for me.

WELL...WE KNOW HOW OUR TWO NITRO DOGS PRODUCED...THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME TO KNOW I WANTED ONE TOO...AND SO FAR, SHE'S NOT DISSAPPOINTING US IN THE LEAST!

WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE DOGS OFF DIRECT NITRO OFFSPRING IF WE CAN FIND THEM!

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Posted by mrl1 on 12-12-2011 02:56 AM:

tarheel nitro

I own a heavy breed nitro pup and she is everything I look for in a dog. She is determined and fast on track accurate on tree. And and driven to get treed. At 11 months there were over 50 coons seen over her. Her and other nitro dogs that I have hunted with in my opinion even though he was never finished he was a reproducer.

Michael L. Frankie W.

Posted by kwlucas on 12-12-2011 03:43 AM:

Nitro Grandpup

Mike, your picture is a little big there. The above female is as nice a young dog as I've seen in a long time. Im partial to clover dogs and was never really around any Nitro dogs but this one has made me take a different look at them. SHe is as quick as Ive ever seen and is as good about having a coon as Ive ever seen. She started treeing her own at a little over seven months better than most grown dogs. I have a little interest in her but Michael gets all the credit because he bought her and he has hunted the hair off her, I mainly just sit back and be amazed at her. And lazy is the direct opposite of her, she has a lot of hustle and is on a mission to tree a coon, however you cut her. Put it this way, we also have a female that is four years old straight out of Trackman that has done some winning and this little female will make her look silly most nights if your judging them competition style. Cant wait to get some wins on her and put some age on her because Id love to have a male pup just like her. Daisy is out of a NTch male that is out of a half brother-half sister cross both out of Nitro with her mother going back to Nitro a time or two so its safe to say she's heavy nitro bred. She is a nice loud chop mouth tree dog, she chops on track with a lot of mouth but is developing a good locate.

Posted by mrl1 on 12-12-2011 03:51 AM:

tarheel nitro

Yeah I'm just figureing out how to put the pics on here didnt mean to make them so big yall.

Michael L. Frankie W.

Posted by k-9 on 12-12-2011 07:46 AM:

tar heel nitro

I just put down my old GR. Nt. ch. Gunner dog who was out of Nitro. He was the real deal wish I had a bunch of little gunners around but he had cancer in his scrotum and couldnt produce pups. I would still be hunting him if the cancer had not gotten so bad.He was the total package and a big good looking son of a gun.

Posted by old ben on 01-13-2012 02:16 AM:

Re: TAR HEEL NITRO

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt

GRAND CHAMPION NITE CHAMPION TAR HEEL NITRO

he was a big hound i seen him at wv

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234