UKC Forums
Show all 23 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Ivermectin (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928542670)

Posted by croatankid on 11-26-2021 02:20 AM:

Ivermectin

Where can I get 1% ivermectin. I used to get it at jeffers livestock. They no longer carry it in 1%. They do have it in 5%. I was giving 1/10cc per 10 pound dog weight. I don't know how to use 5%. Will one of you smart people please help me?

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-26-2021 04:19 AM:

Ivermectin

1%vs 5%, you would use 20% ratio going for 1 to 5 percent, 1/50 cc. per 10 pounds. A 50 pound dog would require a 1/10 cc. total. Under 1% a 50 pound dog would take .05 cc. 1/10 x 5 equals 5/10 for one half cc total at 5 times stronger you need 20 percent of the 5% to equal the same dosage. A seventy pound dog would take 20 percent of the 1 percent ivermectin dosage which is .14 cc. Just figure you're one percent rate and take 20 percent if the total or just divide by 5 to get the correct dosage. I will add that ivermectin is safe way above the dosage you will be giving at either the 1 percent or 5 percent brand. Do not worry if you give a little to much. Dave

Posted by Reuben on 11-26-2021 06:07 AM:

Most feed stores carry the 1 percent ivermectin…
You can also get it in a tube for a 1200# horse…the tube is a paste at 1.87 percent ivermectin…now that the patent has run out you can buy it under different generic names…I never follow the directions on the package…usually give double the recommended amount…

Posted by croatankid on 11-26-2021 04:05 PM:

I doubt I can measure such small amounts. Can I dilute the 5% with something to make it more managable.?

Posted by 2ol2hunt on 11-26-2021 04:15 PM:

Mineral oil

Posted by croatankid on 11-26-2021 04:26 PM:

Please pardon my ignorance. So, I can draw 1cc of the 5%, add 5cc of mineral oil and be at 1% or 4cc of mineral oil to make 1%.?

Posted by OLD TIMER on 11-26-2021 04:33 PM:

see if you can find

Ivermax

Same as ivermectin and it's half the price. Been using it a couple of years now.

Posted by J Gearing on 11-26-2021 04:38 PM:

Not sure around your country but all animal supply stores have it around here. Rural King, Tractor Supply, Farm and Fleet,,the local feed mill, etc. Plus all kinds of places to buy online. Why mess with mixing at all. You are making this harder than it needs to be.

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 11-26-2021 06:08 PM:

Question, is it 5% or is it .5%? I do not remember seeing 5%.

Posted by croatankid on 11-26-2021 07:39 PM:

I'm dealing with 5% because Jeffers livestock supply no longer sells 1%. I've always bought it from jeffers and haven't seen ivermectin itself at tractor supply. they do supply it in jugs but who needs a gallon? The closest they have is a ivermectin compound with another drug mixed into it.

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-26-2021 09:34 PM:

Ivermectin

If you insist on using the 5 percent, just round up as you can NOT overdose at these amounts. Vets sometime give a full cc 30 days in a row to kill red mange. You are not going to hurt your dog giving 0.5 cc of the 5 percent just like the 1 percent. If you use the 5 percent use exactly like the 1 percent rate and you will be okay. Dave

Posted by AndyMiller on 11-26-2021 10:39 PM:

Re: Ivermectin

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
If you insist on using the 5 percent, just round up as you can NOT overdose at these amounts. Vets sometime give a full cc 30 days in a row to kill red mange. You are not going to hurt your dog giving 0.5 cc of the 5 percent just like the 1 percent. If you use the 5 percent use exactly like the 1 percent rate and you will be okay. Dave

I GIVE MINE ENOGH FOR A 1200LB. HORSE IT HAS NEVER HURT THEM

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-26-2021 11:24 PM:

Re: Re: Ivermectin

quote:
Originally posted by AndyMiller
I GIVE MINE ENOGH FOR A 1200LB. HORSE IT HAS NEVER HURT THEM

Exactly, my friends are vets and as I posted give a full cc 30 days in a row for red mange. You definitely are okay to use the same dosage of 5 percent as 1 percent without any worries. Dave

Posted by shadinc on 11-26-2021 11:33 PM:

I worm 2 week old pups with ivermectin.

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 11-27-2021 12:24 AM:

Ivomec:

I can not find the 1% injectable anywhere in my area. Nobody has it… Does the 1.87% horse wormer get most worms or just mainly heart worm prevention? I’ve heard both ways

Posted by croatankid on 11-27-2021 12:42 AM:

I thought I had found ivermectin 5% but I can find it now.. I can't find 1% or 5% any where. I guess I'll have to settle for the cream for horses.

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-27-2021 03:02 AM:

Re: Ivomec:

quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Dalton
I can not find the 1% injectable anywhere in my area. Nobody has it… Does the 1.87% horse wormer get most worms or just mainly heart worm prevention? I’ve heard both ways

I would not recommend the horse worker for dogs. Tractor Supply has the Agri ivermectin 1 percent for sale 200ml bottle for right at 65.00. That's 4 bottles of 50 ml size, but only comes in 209ml size. If you do not have a year or supply close by, Google tractor supply and call them, U bet they would ship to you, but don't know for sure. If you can not find a source, I might would ship you a bottle. Dave
P.S. I looked up Tractor Supply and it says they will ship to your home. Just Google search for Tractor Supply get a phone number and call and order. FYI ML AND CC ARE THE SAME, A 200ML BOTTLE IS 200CC. Dave

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 11-27-2021 03:33 AM:

Agri-Mectin

Thanks Dave for the info. Much appreciated. I’ll check into that tomorrow. Do you administer 1/10 cc per 10 lb. of body weight like regular ivomec?

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-27-2021 05:56 AM:

Re: Agri-Mectin

quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Dalton
Thanks Dave for the info. Much appreciated. I’ll check into that tomorrow. Do you administer 1/10 cc per 10 lb. of body weight like regular ivomec?

Yes, that is the exact dosage I use for ivermectin 1/10 cc per 10 pounds body weight a 50 lb dog gets 1/2 cc or ML. Squirted in the mouth. Dave

Posted by benderb4 on 11-28-2021 01:31 AM:

Ivermec Oral Sheep Drench .08% is still widely available
And reasonable pricing as many others are getting over priced due to demand
I wouldn't mix mineral oil.
Soluble liquids don't dilute with oil ???
I guess every one is focused on the !% cattle and 1.87 % horse wormer.
I know a lot of people say that it is safe in over dosing but the Sheep one is easier to get closer to what the real dosage for dogs require
Here is a sample one
https://www.farmandfleet.com/produc...al-drench.html?

https://heritageanimalhealth.com/sh...ench-240ml.html

And here is correct dosage info

Ivermectin 0.08% solution made for sheep can be used undiluted. An 8 oz (236 ml) bottle of ivermectin 0.08% solution costs around $28, and would be enough to treat 70,000 pounds of dogs.

Directions for using 0.08% sheep drench
Ivermectin sheep drench solution contains a lower concentration than other ivermectin products, so it can be used without diluting it first. Ivemectin is given orally (never use pour-on solutions for heartworm prevention).
Dosage using Ivermectin 0.08% solution for heartworm prevention (you may want to double these doses for better protection):
· up to 14 pounds: 0.05 cc (one-half of 0.1 cc, or 1 drop from an eye dropper, assuming 20 drops per ml)
· 15 to 29 pounds: 0.1 cc
· 30 to 58 pounds: 0.2 cc
· 59 to 88 pounds: 0.3 cc
· 89 to 117 pounds: 0.4 cc
· 118 to 147 pounds: 0.5 cc

Ivomec 0.08% sheep drench solution:
Ivermectin solution is given orally. It's best to squirt it into the mouth, rather than adding to food, to be sure your dog gets it all.
1 cc of ivermectin 0.08% sheep drench solution contains 800 mcg; 0.1 cc = 80 mcg.
The exact dosage is 0.034 cc per 10 pounds of body weight, or approximately 0.1 cc per 30 pounds of body weight.

Excellent site for full information and treating other parasites with ivermectin and heart worm treatments

http://www.dogaware.com/health/ivomec.html

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Posted by croatankid on 11-28-2021 04:19 PM:

thanks benderb4 and Dave Richards for all your help.

Posted by Georgeb on 11-28-2021 05:37 PM:

Around home its hard to find.I checked on Amazon but it was 80.00 for 50 ml.Whew.I figured i better look for some.Found some.1%.29.00 for 50 ml.89.00 for 500 ml.At coop.Had almost a 2yr exp.date but ive read more than once it would stay good years past the exp date if stored correctly.One article said up to 5yrs.I look for it to be hard to find so i bought a 500 ml..Thats 8.90 per 50 ml.I dont like buying that much at one time but thats a huge price difference at giving 29.00 for a 50 ml bottle.I do have alot of dogs tho and may have a friend that needs some and i can help him out.

Posted by oklared on 12-02-2021 04:20 AM:

Its hard to find and going up because people are useing it to treat and protect against covid

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED