UKC Forums Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 95 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Allen something eating at me. (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928505397)

Posted by yadkintar on 06-13-2018 03:46 PM:

Allen something eating at me.

I know you follow Facebook is just a timeout for someone so they laugh it off and hunt in anouther kc enough you don't have to answer I know that things are happening to good people and that's why numbers are down ain't nobody should be bullied.

I think for the right offences the kc's need to get together you get barred in one your barred in all take away their paycheck then they will act different jmo.

Tar

Posted by Dogwhisper on 06-13-2018 04:40 PM:

Are u suggesting a "collusion" ? Lol.

Posted by yadkintar on 06-13-2018 04:50 PM:

Just venting !! Just an old man that is shocked at some things !!

Tar

Posted by whats up on 06-13-2018 05:22 PM:

I can't believe your shocked at anything with the day we live in.it must be bad

Posted by joey on 06-13-2018 05:34 PM:

Although I agree with you it will never happen because of legal aspect with barring someone that did not violate anything in UKC. The only way I could see it happening would be a animal cruelty charge.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by Toad Hill on 06-13-2018 05:46 PM:

Re: Allen something eating at me.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I know you follow Facebook is just a timeout for someone so they laugh it off and hunt in anouther kc enough you don't have to answer I know that things are happening to good people and that's why numbers are down ain't nobody should be bullied.

I think for the right offences the kc's need to get together you get barred in one your barred in all take away their paycheck then they will act different jmo.

Tar

I agree !!!!

Posted by CHEWBACH on 06-13-2018 05:50 PM:

ok

if you think its only one KC no#s are down than your not getting out to some of the other KCs !! went to a pkc hunt mon night only 4 dogs showed and 3 belonged to 2 people that hunt together !! same last week also !! its not just ukc !! jmo !!

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-13-2018 06:39 PM:

Tar

You aren't by yourself, I have long advocated for the exact same thing! If an offence merits barring in one KC, the other KC`s should honor the barring . Respect for each KC, rather than letting the bad apples move to another KC to hunt. Physical assault should not be tolerated by any KC, there should be a zero tolerance and lifetime ban for anyone commiting an assault against another person. Dave

Posted by joey on 06-13-2018 07:28 PM:

Who beat up who?

Home Of:

Posted by Allen / UKC on 06-13-2018 07:35 PM:

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
You aren't by yourself, I have long advocated for the exact same thing! If an offence merits barring in one KC, the other KC`s should honor the barring . Respect for each KC, rather than letting the bad apples move to another KC to hunt. Physical assault should not be tolerated by any KC, there should be a zero tolerance and lifetime ban for anyone commuting an assault against another person. Dave

This very topic was one that I was personally adamant about when I came to work at UKC in 2004. After a special meeting on this topic and listening to all the legalities of it, it became apparent that it would not be in the best interest of any kennel club to suspend people for something that isn't directly related to your own affiliated events.

Sure wish we could as it would likely be a huge positive for the sport overall.

Posted by yadkintar on 06-13-2018 07:52 PM:

Allen if Sombody don't put a stop to it we will see it on the world news someday that won't be good either it happening so often it is accepted behavior now.

Tar

Posted by Allen / UKC on 06-13-2018 08:07 PM:

quote:
Allen if Sombody don't put a stop to it we will see it on the world news someday that won't be good either it happening so often it is accepted behavior now.

Tar

I assume you're talking about a situation that happened recently that I'm not aware of.

Posted by Allen / UKC on 06-13-2018 08:07 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
I assume you're talking about a situation that happened recently that I'm not aware of.

Might be better to send me a pm. Thanks.

Posted by yadkintar on 06-13-2018 08:15 PM:

Ok

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-13-2018 08:34 PM:

Allen

Regarding any legalities regarding cross banning of individuals in the KC`s, it would be a simply matter of each KC reserving that right and making it known . Individuals participating in any KC that are barred/banned from that KC will not be allowed to participate in another KC. This could be posted on every scorecard and would serve as due notice, Kennel Clubs have the right to refuse entry of any individual! I am sure your legal dept can handle this matter, it is time to work together to bar cheats, and troublemakers. Make the hunts fun and family oriented! Dave

Posted by shadinc on 06-13-2018 08:36 PM:

I hate this kind of post. A few people know about something they won't openly talk about, and they put it on a public forum.

Posted by joey on 06-13-2018 08:46 PM:

Re: Allen

quote:
Regarding any legalities regarding cross banning of individuals in the KC`s, it would be a simply matter of each KC reserving that right and making it known . Individuals participating in any KC that are barred/banned from that KC will not be allowed to participate in another KC. This could be posted on every scorecard and would serve as due notice, Kennel Clubs have the right to refuse entry of any individual! I am sure your legal dept can handle this matter, it is time to work together to bar cheats, and troublemakers. Make the hunts fun and family oriented! Dave

Discuss it with your club and the club can refuse entry, If he shows up at enough of them that will not let him hunt, he will get the message.

Home Of:

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-13-2018 08:47 PM:

Shadinc

My post isn't about any one event that has happened, but a pattern of events. Cheat in one registry, get barred, hunt in another! Different assaults by individuals at different hunts! Bottom line is , these individuals should be barred in all registries and not accepted with open arms! Zero tolerance, lifetime bar/ban in all hunting registries would put a hurt on those who cheat, threaten or assault others. Dave

Posted by Allen / UKC on 06-13-2018 09:45 PM:

Re: Allen

quote:
it would be a simply matter of each KC reserving that right and making it known .

That's what I had assumed but learned otherwise when we actually dug into the brass parts of it. That was 12/13 years ago so maybe worth revisiting. Otherwise, I've not heard any reasonable cons to keep me from endorsing such a policy.

Posted by Buckshot on 06-13-2018 10:28 PM:

Allen, if you remember, a person was caught pulling dogs off trees in a KC hunt. He was fired and banned from a KC he worked for and then banned at another KC. He came to UKC open handed and even won a World Hunt in UKC.........just saying.

Posted by andycanada on 06-13-2018 10:28 PM:

!!

Tar, John east tried this years ago when Fred was still alive, however one of the other major kennel clubs would not agree !!

Poison Magic Ghost
(Grnitech Harry's Finley River Jeb x Nitech Poison Houdini Ghost)

Nitech Poison Houdini Ghost
(Dual Grand All Grand Trackman x Grnitech Poison Spooky Ghost)

RIP
Grnitech Poison Spooky Ghost
(Dual Grand Big Creek Rat Tat x Nitech Poison White Ghost)

Posted by joey on 06-13-2018 10:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Allen, if you remember, a person was caught pulling dogs off trees in a KC hunt. He was fired and banned from a KC he worked for and then banned at another KC. He came to UKC open handed and even won a World Hunt in UKC.........just saying.

There was a case for that though, he was a working at one and committed the offence in the other. I do remember $kc several years ago in the early 2000 revoking several known cheats memberships. No pending investigations just decided to clean house of several known cheats. Some of them stopped comp hunting and some of them came here.

Home Of:

Posted by yadkintar on 06-13-2018 11:00 PM:

Every day infractions each kc can handle their own issues but one person going to the point of harming anouther is what I am talking about. A lot of us older guys don't want to face that when we go to a hunt and should not have to. And it's getting way to frequent.

Tar

Posted by spkennels on 06-13-2018 11:14 PM:

Re: Allen something eating at me.

quote:

Tar

Have thought same thing get barred here hunt there till I get unbarred then come back or stay till you get barred then come back

Posted by Chuck Allen on 06-13-2018 11:38 PM:

I do not face book and never have unfriended most in 1987 long before it was in fashion or style. And now I am sure glad about my decision. I will tell you this much one of my sons has a Masters degree in Cyber Security, he told me he does not , nor will he ever face book and when he has kids they will not either. JMHO now has to the KC'S do not be like the NFL they took a 20% hit and doubled down on how they conduct business etc. I gave up on the NFL long ago the last game I watched was when the Saints won the Super Bowl and do not miss watching it one bit.

To much shenannigans , probably to many hunts and a few bad apples , has coon hunters we have to self police/auto correct ourselves first and the KC'S I believe will back us , bad news never gets better with time. JMHO

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.