UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Ideas for a fundraiser? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928524829)

Posted by Tim Swallow on 12-04-2019 03:56 AM:

Ideas for a fundraiser?

Looking for a fundraiser for our club. Not wanting to a big or little coin contest, we have done that before with some success but had complaints about cheating and hunters killing every coon they seen. Any thoughts on how to have a coon contest and keep it honest? We have also considered a money hunt. Or is there something that would be good to raffle? Open to suggestions. Thanks

Posted by Dave Richards on 12-04-2019 04:19 AM:

Fund raiser

You ever consider having Turkey shoots, my club had very good success holding Turkey shoots. Another good one would be having a raffle for a Garmin or Gun. Dave

Posted by jkidd1 on 12-04-2019 05:33 AM:

A club around here does awesome on a raffle for a ruger 10/22 and and light. Also on the coon contest only accept one or two coon per person, weigh every ones coon as they come in, then draw a weight from bucket, person with coon closest to the weight wins. That way big coon or little coon or most coon don't matter, and I know coon ain't worth much but usually around here everyone donates them to the club.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Posted by nextcoonhunters on 12-04-2019 01:33 PM:

Gun raffle

One club around here raffles a gun. They use a deck of cards 1 in 52 shot of winning. They buy nice gun try to keep it around$500 and sell the tickets for $20 making good money. but before doing any kind of raffle better make sure your membership is on board with selling em. Not just the yeah let's do that and leave it in your lap group. But the ones you can count on to do it. The great thing about a gun is anyone can buy a ticket. Hit the local bar on Friday night. The problem with a buying something only coonhunters use only coonhunters will buy the tickets.
They also do a real coondog contest. They buy a trophy, $20 entry 2/3 payout 1 he first round 4 cw with plus points move on 1 hour late round must tree coon to win. Done it last year had a good time and made $130 I think
Htx hunts can make money for club. No fee except $3 per dog. So if you host it somewhere free charge $10 that's $7 per dog. @ $15 that's $12 per dog. We have 4 clubs around here that draw around 4-11 dogs average I'd say about 6 dogs a night. Have a few and it adds up.
But just a piece of advice, you need good members to help in all these things. 3-4 people in any kind of club are usually the Packers, which is fine. But one guy can't pack it all with no help. Takes a team effort to make it go
Good luck in what ever you decide

Posted by micooner on 12-04-2019 04:21 PM:

On line raffles. Any gear such as lights, Garmin's, guns. Do it live. Use pay pal to collect the money,

Posted by Gary Roberson on 12-04-2019 09:50 PM:

Gun raffles are always great money raisers. Ruger 10/22 or Ruger American Rifles.
Adios,
Gary

Posted by Tim Swallow on 12-05-2019 10:24 PM:

Thinking of doing a coon contest

$20/dog
2 coon limit/dog
2 dog limit/person
75/25 payback
Under 15-1 winner
16-30-2 winners
31-50-3 winners
51-70-4 winners
And so on
All coons given to the club.

Here is where I would like your opinions instead of weighing the coons I was just thinking of giving a number to each coon and putting the same number in a hat and drawing out the winners. I know it sounds like a raffle but so is weighing the coons. It would just save time.

Posted by RC-Abby on 12-06-2019 01:09 AM:

Heres one I headed for county fire assco.

Takes people that like to sell tickets. (had 1 guy that sold over 100 every year) This draws money from the community(outside money)not just hunters.

Money giveaway

14 chances to win!

300 tickets at $10.00 ea. $3000.00

$50.00 drawing every month (12) - $600.00

2 - $500.00 drawings 6mo apart - $1000.00

You will have the cost of printing tickets.

This also gives club money to use thru out year. As long as you have the money to cover monthly drawings. First year was a little ruff getting all tickets sold. But as we had drawings and money was going out people liked it. Done this for several years. You can adjust this many ways to fit what you can handle. Winning tickets go back in and mixed before any more can be drawn out. As advertised 14 chances to win.

Good Luck
Randi

Posted by nextcoonhunters on 12-07-2019 05:42 PM:

Couple of ?s

How much you looking to raise?
What are using the money for?
Your UKC events not bringing in enough to cover everything?

Posted by Sawyer Hortin on 12-07-2019 06:21 PM:

We do a hog raffle and a corn hole tourney. Make pretty good money off both.