UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 39 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Beagles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Location Of The 2012 World Hunt??? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=455375)

Posted by Brad 3 on 10-11-2011 05:18 PM:

Location Of The 2012 World Hunt???

I feel it is very important to anounce the host club and location of the 2012 World Beagle Hunt. There are WQE events already taking place and some being scheduled on the same weekend as a state hunt with double points. I wouldn't know which event to attend without knowing the 2012 world location. After all we are UKC customers and these larger hunts need to be anounced so planning and scheduling can take place.
As a customer please share your feeling.

Posted by DHARVEY on 10-11-2011 05:59 PM:

hunts

i feel it is still a little early for the announcement for the world hunt location for next year, as long as we knew by december it would be ok
- as far as the all the double state race points, black gold, an state championship hunts i would love to see a calender for these events also prior to the first of the year, mainly because my work an i know many others ask for a good bit of advance for time off
- as far as local club hunts i feel the way they do it now is fine, lets face it most of us are not going to drive a hour plus for a club hunt with fuel the way it is !!

thanks doug harvey

HBCH Hardtime Heat Em Up Psycho
HBCH Harvey's Tap Out
GRHBCH Treaty Line Grave Digger
Harvey's Beware "Rowdy"
304-203-3581

Posted by Brad 3 on 10-11-2011 06:33 PM:

The closet hunt to my house is 2.5 hours. So with todays prices it requires alot of planning. With that being said If the World hunt is in a nondesireable location for me I will chase State Hunts or classics instead of WQE's. It sure was nice when it was always anounced at the World Hunt on Saerday were the next years hunt was going to be.

Posted by MIKE CARDER on 10-11-2011 11:10 PM:

Brad

I conversed with Jed and he said once he gets the contract signed he would announce it.
As far as driving to the hunts and gas prices I think the closest one to me is about 3-3.5 hours away.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Posted by ShowBeagles on 10-11-2011 11:10 PM:

Brad,

I agree, this is the whole reason we don't attend WQE's. Without knowing where the World is going to be held, we can't plan our vacation days ect.

www.iconbeagles.webs.com

Proud Owners of:
NGRC GRHBCH GRCH CGRCH PCH Crewse-N Country Girls Cleo
--2010 Eliminator Show Winner
--2010 PP Nationals Show Winner
--2010 HB Nationals Show Winner
--2010 Opp Sex HB World Show
--2010 Total Dog
--2010 NHBA High point Show Winner
--2010 NHBA Days Show Winner
--2010 NHBA Days Final Four
--2012 NHBA Days Show Winner
--2012 NHBA Opp Sex High Point Show Winner

GRPCH GRHBCH GRCH White River Indiana Kimba *Ricki*

CH CCH GBHG Country A Work of Art *Misty*
--2011 NHBA Opp Sex High Point Show Winner
--2012 NHBA Days BOW

AKC GCH, UKC Best In Show CCH Milroc Quest for Country Fame *Lexi*

Multi Group Placing, Best Puppy in Show Icon Whole Lotta Trouble *Carter*

AKC GCH Buckridge Speaker of the House *Barry*

NO part of this message may be copied without consent!

Posted by Brad 3 on 10-12-2011 12:00 AM:

Then I don't think UKC should schedule WQE's until this contract is signed. Until the Location of the hunt is determined I don't know if I'm going. If it takes the next several months to determine half the WQE's are over before most people know if there going. I think that scheduling WQE's prior to the location is poor business.

Posted by Emmerson on 10-12-2011 12:41 AM:

I agree with brad theres a wqe this month close to home but would like to know where the world will be before i try to qualify a dog im not makin another 14+ hour drive . I liked it when they told where next world would be the saturday of the world . Maybe this will get announced soon . The way it is now is a pain in the rear. To hard to plan a trip on a weeks notice . Jmo

Posted by Mark Overcash on 10-12-2011 02:47 AM:

if you dont want to go and support ukc at a wqe till the world is announced that is your choice . but if its in youre state and u miss them just remember it was youre choice . just makes ya travel a lil further then to get a dog in . more money gas lodging food more time off work etc . as far as where the world is at who gives a rats ass as long as they have rabbits and good food i dont care . i have drove to mo and im sure ill drive it again . all our hunts are in a average of about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs if we dont go no further than va all others are about 7 . i like to have it in MO or INDY or coshocton or millersburg OHIO also but they do have some big hills that way also . wish ya luck brad on getting ya info just think if it was in washington state .. i think i would go to just see the sites there . its awsome .

Posted by ohlinger on 10-12-2011 03:12 AM:

Washington is a beautiful state spent some time there in the Army!!! LOL

Mark I agree with what you just said. It's a world qualifier. If you want you're dog to have a chance to go to the world if circumstances permit then go and attempt to qualify one, just b/c it does'nt work for you does'nt mean nobody is gonna show up to that particular hunt. Theree is no garauntee you're dog will qualify at it anyways be a pitty to do all that bickering and end up getting beat anyhow, then it was all for nothing. Point in matter is it's just a hunt.

Thirtyoughtsix Bred Beagles
330-987-5883
www.noluckkennels.webs.com
CH PCH GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
HBCH Gridiron Double Trouble
HBCH Highbar's No Luck High Octane
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze
LPRCH HBCH Gridiron No Luck Bad Mojo
CH Thirtyoughtsix Lucky Boy
CH 'PR' Weedeaters No Luck Ugly Betty
No Luck Red Razz (coming soon)

Posted by Mark Overcash on 10-12-2011 03:32 AM:

yep u r right shawn
we dont want to hear all the whinning around here go run dogs have fun .
im sure there will be people not make long hauls to mo iowa kansas etc but i would think that who who did wouldnt care .be less dogs to beat .i heard it was going to be in new york in the snow . anyone got any snow noses if not stay on the porch and let the big dogs eat hahaha

Posted by Emmerson on 10-12-2011 04:25 AM:

Not whining at all with junk dogs i run prolly wont qualify one anyway . Just wanted to know where it was gonna be didnt wanna go to wqe when have two others state race point hunts same day . You never know i might get lucky and qualify one and would hate to knock someone else out .

Posted by VICKY B on 10-12-2011 04:32 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by mark overcash
if you dont want to go and support ukc at a wqe till the world is announced that is your choice . but if its in youre state and u miss them just remember it was youre choice . just makes ya travel a lil further then to get a dog in . more money gas lodging food more time off work etc . as far as where the world is at who gives a rats ass as long as they have rabbits and good food i dont care . i have drove to mo and im sure ill drive it again . all our hunts are in a average of about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs if we dont go no further than va all others are about 7 . i like to have it in MO or INDY or coshocton or millersburg OHIO also but they do have some big hills that way also . wish ya luck brad on getting ya info just think if it was in washington state .. i think i would go to just see the sites there . its awsome .

Good can ya give me a ride? That would be a hell of a trip..

Posted by Lance W on 10-12-2011 04:34 AM:

i wish that it would be centrally located every year, that way it would cut down on everyones driving and expense in gas, except for the ones close to the hunt, and dont say that a club cant handle it every year, because the eliminator is in the same place year in and year out, and there is just as many or more dogs there and they handle it.

Posted by Mark Overcash on 10-12-2011 05:14 AM:

hell yeah we can all pack up and make a trip . nothing to it but to do it pruitt. me jeff and friends been thinking about it for awhile now .
emerrson if u knock them out and dont go im sure ukc appreciates the donation and the ones that make it do as well . one less dog to beat
good luck hope to see all there
word on the street is nc posse might be rollin to the world pp hunt
on a `side note we would like to see the eliminator national or the pp world hunt in tenn . but it might or might not happen at all we just have to take what we get and make the best of it . dont worrie be happy

Posted by ohlinger on 10-12-2011 05:23 AM:

LOL Eliminator i would'nt say the eliminator is as big as the world or nationals, i think there is a couiple other hunts that has bigger entries than the eliminator besides the world and nationals...

Thirtyoughtsix Bred Beagles
330-987-5883
www.noluckkennels.webs.com
CH PCH GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
HBCH Gridiron Double Trouble
HBCH Highbar's No Luck High Octane
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze
LPRCH HBCH Gridiron No Luck Bad Mojo
CH Thirtyoughtsix Lucky Boy
CH 'PR' Weedeaters No Luck Ugly Betty
No Luck Red Razz (coming soon)

Posted by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL on 10-12-2011 01:17 PM:

World hunt ideas.
Thinking out of the box!?

Set the dates well in advance then find a club that is in an area prolific with clubs and running spots to host the event on those dates.

Have a zone qualifier for those in areas far (250mi) from the World Hunt location. The winners of the zones would get a bye in the first round AT the World Hunt because they completed that round at the zone. Charge a higher entry fee for those closer to the event and redistribute the $$$ to zone winners who must travel far. The Zone winners would then have money redistributed to them to help defray travel expense.

Those close to the World Hunt would save money by not being required to attend a Zone. They would pay an extra fee to enter the World Hunt and complete that 1st round. That extra fee would defray the travel expense for Zone winners. Maybe even add... Those who do not win at the zone would still have the option to travel at their own expense AND pay the extra fee to run in the first round AT the World Hunt.

Posted by Mandi Schafer on 10-12-2011 02:47 PM:

chad where is the WQE thats close to us?

Proud home of:
HBCH PR' YoungGun's switch a gear saint
AKA Sis

PR' YoungGun's Spicy lil Tango
YoungGun's HEU WildCard Joker
YoungGun's hurricane Daulton
Grhbch Roberts run more mighty joe
Hbch lprch carders pathfinding petey
YoungGun's lil mighty Goliath
YoungGun's halfway Shelby

Posted by mooredog on 10-12-2011 03:13 PM:

where is there a list of WQE ? state by state , month by month ?
and why is the " Don McVay Sr. Memorial " not a WQE event ? it sure has a lot of dogs !

Posted by browntrout on 10-12-2011 03:45 PM:

there is not list of WQE's. Mine is in June - but I haven't received my confirmation papers for next year's hunts. The UKC can't advertise WQE's until they are confirmed - there is no way to provide and ACCURATE list until the events are confirmed. If the UKC were to put out a list and some changes were made, it would just cause an even bigger uproar. If you want a list - go through your Beaglers from the past year and look at the events winners... there's a good chance that if a club that had a WQE this year, it will have a WQE (around the same time) next year.

Also the McVay event is not a WQE because in order for a hunt to be a WQE, all dogs (regardless of degree) must be ran together... which is the same reason that the winners at the Nationals don't qualify, but the winners for the Eliminator do.

Home of:
-GRHBCH GRCH 'PR' Butcher's White River Rascal
-HBCH CH Butcher's White River Abigail
-GRHBCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Shenango (Chloe)
-Butcher's Flyin' Red Foxy Brown
-White River Told You So AJ

Rest in Peace:
HBCH CH Butcher's White River Tessa
HBCH Butcher's White River The Rock
-HBCH 2x WShowCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Maci

Posted by VICKY B on 10-12-2011 03:51 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by ohlinger
LOL Eliminator i would'nt say the eliminator is as big as the world or nationals, i think there is a couiple other hunts that has bigger entries than the eliminator besides the world and nationals...

Shawn, the World Hunt had less entrys this year than ever before. There are many hunts with larger entries and yes the Eliminator was very close, Mcvay hunt large as well. But it all goes back to you have to beat 3 dogs at a time...
Any of those hunts are very fun to win..
World hunt is the only hunt you can advance on circle points..
The dogs that win deserve the recognition, as do their owners.

Posted by DTC on 10-12-2011 03:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mandi Schafer
chad where is the WQE thats close to us?

The WQE is in AR on the 29th, I think there is a hunt at Dixon that day too.

Check us out at
MO Primetime Beagles

Posted by mooredog on 10-12-2011 04:23 PM:

browntrout wrote
there is not list of WQE's. Mine is in June - but I haven't received my confirmation papers for next year's hunts. The UKC can't advertise WQE's until they are confirmed - there is no way to provide and ACCURATE list until the events are confirmed. If the UKC were to put out a list and some changes were made, it would just cause an even bigger uproar. If you want a list - go through your Beaglers from the past year and look at the events winners... there's a good chance that if a club that had a WQE this year, it will have a WQE (around the same time) next year.

WTH ! UKC can't put out a list of "confirmed" WQE ? All the money they make on these hunts you would think they would like someone to know when and where they are ! LOL ! its like having a "PARTY" and not telling anyone when or where and BITCHIN no one showed up ! just sayin

Posted by Mandi Schafer on 10-12-2011 05:02 PM:

where at in arkansas adam? thanks.

Proud home of:
HBCH PR' YoungGun's switch a gear saint
AKA Sis

PR' YoungGun's Spicy lil Tango
YoungGun's HEU WildCard Joker
YoungGun's hurricane Daulton
Grhbch Roberts run more mighty joe
Hbch lprch carders pathfinding petey
YoungGun's lil mighty Goliath
YoungGun's halfway Shelby

Posted by DTC on 10-12-2011 05:19 PM:

Gamaliel, AR

Check us out at
MO Primetime Beagles

Posted by browntrout on 10-12-2011 06:43 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by mooredog
WTH ! UKC can't put out a list of "confirmed" WQE ? All the money they make on these hunts you would think they would like someone to know when and where they are ! LOL ! its like having a "PARTY" and not telling anyone when or where and BITCHIN no one showed up ! just sayin

this really isn't that difficult to understand - as long as you head isn't in the sand.

money has nothing to do with a club deciding upon a date for their WQE. if the UKC made a list and that list showed my WQE in June - and I decide that my July date would work better (for whatever reason), then there goes the accuracy of your list. what's the use in having a list - if it isn't 100% accurate? I think it's great that the UKC gives clubs the flexibility of deciding their dates - instead of making a club decide a year in advance on a date. folks who have ran a club know how tough it can be to get everyone's calendar coordinated for a hunt where you are expecting 50+ dogs.

most folks have PLENTY OF TIME to decide on which hunts to attend, since you can see what is going on 2 months in advance. Also, it is still 2011, and there is still 1 more World Hunt to go. If January rolls around and the UKC still hasn't announced the hunt location for 2012 - then there is cause for concern.

frankly, I don't care where the World Hunt is... I feel I have a dog or two that can go far - and wouldn't take that opportunity away from them for nothing.

Home of:
-GRHBCH GRCH 'PR' Butcher's White River Rascal
-HBCH CH Butcher's White River Abigail
-GRHBCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Shenango (Chloe)
-Butcher's Flyin' Red Foxy Brown
-White River Told You So AJ

Rest in Peace:
HBCH CH Butcher's White River Tessa
HBCH Butcher's White River The Rock
-HBCH 2x WShowCH CH 'PR' Butcher's White River Maci