UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 56 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Stud Dogs in Kentucky (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=121663)

Posted by Keith Brown on 11-27-2006 09:28 PM:

Stud Dogs in Kentucky

what is the best stud in ky

Posted by yota man on 11-28-2006 12:20 AM:

stud dog

rat-tat

Posted by Keith Brown on 11-28-2006 06:00 AM:

btt

Posted by JayTom on 11-28-2006 06:06 AM:

I must agree Big Creek Rat Tat is a dandy. I own a 4 month old female out of him and a dual grand Dukates Hillbilly Casey ( sister to Hillbilly Mr. Bojangles ). This pup has a great mouth on her, very smart, and has great feet if you like to show them. I honestly don't think you can find anyone nicer to deal with than Whitey Marshall. He is a fine fellow.

Posted by R.H.Young on 11-28-2006 09:25 AM:

Keith;;;;;;; Rusty Ruble has jackpot down in lawrenceburg, he is a grandson of spring creek rock, he is from what i hear a super dog that is reproducing his likeness.

Posted by R.H.Young on 11-28-2006 09:28 AM:

almost forgot,, seen barry at the restaurant the other day, raymond's pizza upon the hill. we talked a bit,, how is your young dog doing?... and sorry about not getting with you fellas the other night i already had plans to hunt with dad... let's try to get together in a night or so, i want to hear that young pup of your's go......

Posted by John Vaught on 11-28-2006 12:47 PM:

BURNING FORK WALKERS

WHAT WERE THESE HOUNDS FROM AND ARE ANY OF THESE HOUNDS STILL AROUND ?

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 01:22 PM:

Burning fork dogs came from Ken Maynard in Pikeville. I have some of that blood.

Posted by William Lay on 11-28-2006 03:39 PM:

Elvis, third TW in performance Points in the country

stylish Jake is first.
Elvis is third
Rat tat is fifth.

all from KY.

Posted by Jeff H. on 11-28-2006 03:57 PM:

One to watch

Medleys Hardwood Homer The dog has won tons of money and is being ttled out in UKC.

No doubt there are alot of good studs in Ky but I think Homer will make a mark.

Posted by John Vaught on 11-28-2006 04:00 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by rgregory
Burning fork dogs came from Ken Maynard in Pikeville. I have some of that blood.
I am very familiar with whom they came from but was wondering what they originated from.......What line of walkers ?

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 04:18 PM:

johnson's banjo ,maybe alitte cur .MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE MORE SPECIF WITH YOUR QUESTION?

Posted by John Vaught on 11-28-2006 04:21 PM:

GREGORY

ARE YOU THE MAN THAT HAD THE LITTER MATE TO LONNIE ARTHUR'S CHIEF DOG THAT WAS 3/4 CUR..........

Posted by Jeff H. on 11-28-2006 04:28 PM:

Maynards Burning Fork dogs

Banjo breeding I think. Thru Dericksons Singing Banjo who was off of Johnsons Banjo. I think one of Dericksons Singing "something" was the sire of Neosho River Jet

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 04:33 PM:

Yes but I don't know about 3/4 maybe 7/8.

Posted by John Vaught on 11-28-2006 04:37 PM:

TEASIN GREGORY,

BUT HE DID LOOK ALL MIXED UP. I HAVE HUNTED WITH CHIEF A FEW TIMES BUT REALLY NEVER SEEN ANYTHING OUT OF HIM THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE.....SALLY WAS A DESCENT HOUND BUT HUNTED TO CLOSE TO DO MUCH OF A JOB I THINK SALLY WAS A DAUGHTER OF CHIEF BUT A MUCH BETTER LOOKING DOG THAN CHIEF.

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 04:49 PM:

Sally was no relation to Chief. Chief could tree a coon & make it look easy but was a bit lazy & odd. The mate I had was a GRNT& a COONDOG.

Posted by John Vaught on 11-28-2006 06:24 PM:

OWNER OF CHIEF

DESCIBED YOUR DOG AS THE SAME AS YOU DESCRIBE CHIEF...WOULD TREE A COON, LAZY, ODD ACTING 80 % OF THE TIME............. DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM EARNING A GRAND NITE DEGREE

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 06:31 PM:

He was a GrNt I still have certficates. Can give all the names you want of people who can tell you he was far from lazy.If he had a fault in that regard it was where you may have to take him Off a tree.

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 06:38 PM:

Mr. Vaught that is all history dead dogs get better to the people who liked them sorrier to the ones who didn't. But anytime you wonder what I feed call they get hunted regularly& suit me or die.They are like everybody elses not perfect with plenty of faults. but they get turned loose in the wild to speek for themself.

Posted by John Vaught on 11-28-2006 06:41 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by rgregory
Mr. Vaught that is all history dead dogs get better to the people who liked them sorrier to the ones who didn't. But anytime you wonder what I feed call they get hunted regularly& suit me or die.They are like everybody elses not perfect with plenty of faults. but they get turned loose in the wild to speek for themself.
I AM NOT DOUBTING YOUR CERTIFICATES OR YOUR DOG OR YOU ...I AM ONLY PASSING ON TO YOU WHAT KIND OF REPUTATION YOUR DOG HAD OUTSIDE YOUR OWN EYES........

Posted by rgregory on 11-28-2006 06:51 PM:

That was one man's view.How many dogs have you heard that gentleman compliment that weren't wearing his collar?

Posted by R.H.Young on 11-28-2006 10:11 PM:

JOHN ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE LONNIE ATRHUR FROM LONDON KY? AND IF YOU ARE HE DIDN'T GRAND HIM OUT, MY DAD HUNTS WITH HIM PROBABLY THREE TO FOUR NIGHT'S A WEEK. I THINK YOU GUY'S ARE TALKING ABOUT TWO DIFFEREN'T DOG'S..

AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT CHIEF WAS 3/4 CUR ANYHOW?

Posted by Dan Dogs on 11-28-2006 10:44 PM:

macalesters finley river banjo might be in maynards stuff!! i thought the jet dog was off of minklers kansas rock off of spring creek rock but maybe im getting old and slipping a little!!lol

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Posted by Lee Currens Jr. on 11-28-2006 10:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Dogs
macalesters finley river banjo might be in maynards stuff!! i thought the jet dog was off of minklers kansas rock off of spring creek rock but maybe im getting old and slipping a little!!lol

thats right was packing a lot of females in the earley