UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 55 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Leash Lock (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928521916)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2019 04:14 PM:

Leash Lock

With the new proposal, there is no option. Unless all dogs are declared treed, you will have to release your dog, even if you have been hunting in a 10 acre woods for 30 minutes or if you have hunted completely through a woods and are 10 yds from a highway.
What was the matter with the option to keep your dog on a lead if you wanted?

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-05-2019 04:41 PM:

Richard rule 11 B & C were not done away with. Cool your jets. If you have hunted much under a no leash lock you would understand it's purpose is to allow a dog that has treed first the ability to be re-cut not leash locked by a handler treeing their dog after you have treed. The 8 still has to be ran on dogs not opening before you can turn loose, if trees are scored out of order you have to be back in order before you can turn loose and the option to not turn loose is still in the rules just like always. Time outs for posted land, highways ect are still in the rules too, quit trying to get everyone in a panic.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2019 04:47 PM:

Jen, are you saying that UKC can still "interpret" the new rule changes and maybe do a little tweaking before they go into effect?

Posted by yadkintar on 09-05-2019 05:08 PM:

Jen is writing the new addition of the advisor vol 10 as we speak!

It’s going to be alright Richard the new rules don’t start till Jan 1rst we will brush you up.

Tarbaby

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-05-2019 05:25 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Jen, are you saying that UKC can still "interpret" the new rule changes and maybe do a little tweaking before they go into effect?

I am saying that the rules 11 B & C are still on the books and you still won't be able to turn your dog loose if the 8 is in effect as are time outs under rule 7. Ukc knows all this and it is also how it works where no leash lock is the norm. Yes some rules require a tweak when others are changed so wait until the final draft is made. Those that have hunted under it understand all this the rest are yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is none.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by tony.beals on 09-05-2019 05:41 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I am saying that the rules 11 B & C are still on the books and you still won't be able to turn your dog loose if the 8 is in effect as are time outs under rule 7. Ukc knows all this and it is also how it works where no leash lock is the norm. Yes some rules require a tweak when others are changed so wait until the final draft is made. Those that have hunted under it understand all this the rest are yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is none.

I believe you are dead on, we tried to think and go over every scenario but you just can't cover them all. Yes UKC will have to tweek to cover other rules that it will affect.

This was my first time in this meeting and only filled in, I really feel that the meeting should be seperate from a major event and stand alone and have more discussion time. JMO

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Posted by Corey Gruver on 09-05-2019 05:42 PM:

Redneck Mafia

Thanks for elaborating a bit on the new leash lock rule... I was a bit shaky on understanding how it related to everything else

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2019 05:56 PM:

Oh my goodness, now we have to wait on the Final ruling to see what the new rules will actually be.

Jen, if you see a fire, aren't you supposed to yell fire, "see something, say something"? And this theater isn't all that crowded.

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-05-2019 07:14 PM:

quote:
Oh my goodness, now we have to wait on the Final ruling to see what the new rules will actually be.

Jen, if you see a fire, aren't you supposed to yell fire, "see something, say something"? And this theater isn't all that crowded.

Richard there is no fire. Keep calm and hunt on lol!
You know what the major changes are but yes we have to wait for final 2020 rules. Changes may affect other rules and all will have to be gone over before we get the exact wording of new set.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by Night Shift on 09-05-2019 07:42 PM:

What kind of junk dog would stay in a 10 acre patch that long.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Posted by Night Shift on 09-05-2019 07:42 PM:

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2019 08:40 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift

One that took the first track she came to and put a coon at the end of it. One man's junk is another mans pleasure.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2019 08:44 PM:

Jen, I bet that Allen's wording will be a lot more understandable than the rules committee's.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2019 08:58 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I am saying that the rules 11 B & C are still on the books and you still won't be able to turn your dog loose if the 8 is in effect as are time outs under rule 7.....

Jen, I just went back and reread the new proposal. It says, "eliminate leash lock rule entirely". Now maybe my reading comprehension is lacking but that looks like a big fire to me. Maybe Allen will interpret "entirely" different than I learned in my little country school.

Posted by tony.beals on 09-05-2019 09:55 PM:

quote:
Jen, I just went back and reread the new proposal. It says, "eliminate leash lock rule entirely". Now maybe my reading comprehension is lacking but that looks like a big fire to me. Maybe Allen will interpret "entirely" different than I learned in my little country school.

Richard it was my understanding at the meeting what u said above is true, now maybe I missed something in discussion or not. This was my first meeting and again I filled in for someone. In hind site I wish this meeting was a stand alone meeting and more time to discuss how it affects other rules when passing said rule. JMO

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-05-2019 10:46 PM:

Jen Cummings

We may have to talk Tar into sharing that special drink of his with Mr. Lambert. Lol. Dave

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-05-2019 11:00 PM:

If so it will never work but I'm betting UKC will figure it out, the rules that make it work as intended are still there and haven't been eliminated or changed. I bet they figure out how to property implement it.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by shadinc on 09-05-2019 11:06 PM:

Re: Leash Lock

quote:
With the new proposal, there is no option. Unless all dogs are declared treed, you will have to release your dog, even if you have been hunting in a 10 acre woods for 30 minutes or if you have hunted completely through a woods and are 10 yds from a highway.
What was the matter with the option to keep your dog on a lead if you wanted?

I might be confused but, I don't see where the leash lock rule is in any way connected to your option to hold your dog if you want to.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-05-2019 11:19 PM:

Re: Re: Leash Lock

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I might be confused but, I don't see where the leash lock rule is in any way connected to your option to hold your dog if you want to.

You can hold him after you withdraw all you want.

Anyways I think you should have to compete the whole hunt not get points and hope somthing happens to let you walk out the rest of the hunt.

Tar

Posted by joey on 09-06-2019 12:07 AM:

quote:

Yes but choosing to stay on the leash is not being leash locked. There are other rules that are still in place to give that option like has already been said.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by Mtn Tough Engl on 09-06-2019 12:21 AM:

Ref. To leash lock

There is other rules some of the changes this will affect like the 5 minute stationary. Which will have to be changed to 3 minutes it looks to me like. But as far as the leash lock rule my question would also be this. If you had a three dog cast and they strike in this order a,b,and c. Dog a trees to the left and then dogs b trees 100 yards past dog a with dog c trailing. So we go to dog a score his tree so the way I understand it I have to turn him back lose from that tree and at this time dog b tree is closed. So I recast my dog and he goes cover dog b before the judge arrives and even though the tree is closed the judge gives my dog next available tree position which will be 25. So if coon is seen or slick tree or off game I get -25. Am I understanding this correct or am I missing something.

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-06-2019 12:53 AM:

Leash lock

My thoughts are that Dog A and B trees would be scored before one turned back loose on C. Imo. Dave

Posted by Dogwhisper on 09-06-2019 02:16 AM:

The 2-3 minute tree countdown is going to force handlers not to recut, in essence a "leash lock" self imposed by these new changes, u can hide it under the option ..unless ur dog is disciplined not to cover.
Penelizing dog(s) that get cut from a scored tree and they cover another tree after the 2-3 minute mark is ...is...d-d-d-dumb !.

If I choose not to recut becuz 2 minutes is gone or tree is closed ...thats a "leash lock"..my dog is leashed walking into a closed tree.....
If we're going to do away with the leash lock then do away with it all together ......don't force me into it then say that's your option !....that B.S.

Posted by Sgraves on 09-06-2019 02:30 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
The 2-3 minute tree countdown is going to force handlers not to recut, in essence a "leash lock" self imposed by these new changes, u can hide it under the option ..unless ur dog is disciplined not to cover.
Penelizing dog(s) that get cut from a scored tree and they cover another tree after the 2-3 minute mark is ...is...d-d-d-dumb !.

If I choose not to recut becuz 2 minutes is gone or tree is closed ...thats a "leash lock"..my dog is leashed walking into a closed tree.....
If we're going to do away with the leash lock then do away with it all together ......don't force me into it then say that's your option !....that B.S.

If you where you need to be in points keep dog on leash. If am down an can cut loose am doing so. At least we will have that option. I liked it when I hunted chkc . My dog had me nervous a time or two, but he knew to pass that dog treed an keep going.

Posted by HERSHSHUNTIN on 09-06-2019 02:58 AM:

I can see guys trying to pitch their me too dogs on the tree now--might even be the judge doing it

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE