UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 30 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Should Hunt Director be allowed to hunt ??? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928524168)

Posted by RatDog on 11-13-2019 12:43 AM:

Should Hunt Director be allowed to hunt ???

Yes Or No

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-13-2019 03:26 AM:

Vote

I sure hope every one gets on here and votes, don't just complain, VOTE, make yourself heard loud and clear or stop complaining. Dave

Posted by RatDog on 11-13-2019 09:47 PM:

UKC

How bout going with a trial period starting in March or April ??

Posted by rcagla10583 on 11-14-2019 03:58 PM:

Yes a hunt director should able to hunt

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Posted by shadinc on 11-14-2019 04:56 PM:

Why do you need a hunt director? Can't a panel assemble themselves?

Posted by high ridge on 11-15-2019 02:56 AM:

ABSOLUTELY

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-15-2019 02:19 PM:

I have never seen a group of more than 2 men where one of them didn't have to take charge.

What if you have a Hunt and there is only 1 cast of dogs. Does the hunt director have to stay at the club house? Who do you get for a panel if they have a question?

Posted by Toad Hill on 11-15-2019 07:22 PM:

79%yes to >20%No on this current Poll.

66%yes to > 33%No on the last poll taken some time ago.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-16-2019 07:29 PM:

Poll

Looks like only 10 percent of those reading this post have voted, that's about like the percentages that vote in every election, local or national. Folks complain all the time about politics, etc, yet are not willing to actually do anything but complain. We are a nation that's letting a minority of voters decide who and what we get. STOP COMPLAINING AND VOTE, let your voice be heard, stand up and be counted, VOTE every chance you get about everything. Dave

Posted by G.W. Harring on 11-19-2019 02:52 PM:

VOTE!

VOTE!

402-209-5053

Posted by RatDog on 11-19-2019 09:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
ABSOLUTELY

Someone has to stay back

Posted by jerrod douglas on 11-19-2019 10:55 PM:

YES

SUPER STAKE CHAMPION GRNITECH SERIAL COONER (GRNITECH INSANE "X" / GRNITECH GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY)

GRNITECH CH REBA MC ENTIRE {REEZEN / GRAY'S STYLISH PAIGE} LITTERMATE TO 2018 UKC AND AKC WLDNITECH GRNITECH GRAYS RACK EM WILLY

Posted by novicane65 on 11-20-2019 05:30 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by RatDog
Someone has to stay back

why is that? No one is at the club usually in other registries. So why should it be that way with ukc?

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 11-20-2019 12:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
why is that? No one is at the club usually in other registries. So why should it be that way with ukc?

In the other registries the club can be at a gas station using the hood of your truck for a table, just saying.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-20-2019 02:20 PM:

So y'all want UKC to be just like the other registries? First y'all wanted and got Hunt Directors. Now y'all want the Hunt Director to be able to hunt. Then y'all wanted and got 1 hr hunts. Y'all also wanted money hunts and got them. Next you will want weeknight hunts and to be able to hunt out of a parking lot. Where is it going to end?

Posted by yadkintar on 11-20-2019 02:25 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
So y'all want UKC to be just like the other registries?

Ain’t but two worth talking about and ukc is one of them.

Tar

Posted by Corey Gruver on 11-20-2019 02:34 PM:

quote:
So y'all want UKC to be just like the other registries? First y'all wanted and got Hunt Directors. Now y'all want the Hunt Director to be able to hunt. Then y'all wanted and got 1 hr hunts. Y'all also wanted money hunts and got them. Next you will want weeknight hunts and to be able to hunt out of a parking lot. Where is it going to end?

I'm starting to like you more and more in your old age

Posted by novicane65 on 11-20-2019 02:56 PM:

quote:

OH MY GOODNESS.... I'll be the first to say I have never entered a ukc hunt. And by never I mean not 1 time. I've spectated on a few. So " I. " haven't wanted anything lets get that straight here and now. I've got some more words to say but ill let it be.

Tim,
Maybe clubs down your way are different than here. I know you can have a "club" at such a location but how often have you hunted in such a club? I never have. It might not be the Hilton Hotel but it's a club building.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 11-20-2019 03:14 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Tim,
Maybe clubs down your way are different than here. I know you can have a "club" at such a location but how often have you hunted in such a club? I never have. It might not be the Hilton Hotel but it's a club building.

Many times.

Posted by RatDog on 11-20-2019 09:24 PM:

quote:

Easy Willy

Posted by RatDog on 11-20-2019 09:26 PM:

How Bout This Scenario Then

Why not let somebody be able to handle Master Of Hounds dog in the hunts ???

Posted by yadkintar on 11-20-2019 09:29 PM:

Re: How Bout This Scenario Then

quote:
Originally posted by RatDog
Why not let somebody be able to handle Master Of Hounds dog in the hunts ???

The hunt director can have sombody hunt his dog.

Tar

Posted by Toad Hill on 11-20-2019 10:26 PM:

quote:

Richard ,
You heard it here first - Each year UKC will grow LARGER and LARGER and as they do $kc will get smaller and smaller . UKC is just like the old man on the state farm commercial twitching that money from the fishing pole and enticing/drawing in more customers.
UKC will own it ALL sooner or later . Its gonna happen, just wont be overnight .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by yadkintar on 11-20-2019 10:37 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Richard ,
You heard it here first - Each year UKC will grow LARGER and LARGER and as they do $kc will get smaller and smaller . UKC is just like the old man on the state farm commercial twitching that money from the fishing pole and enticing/drawing in more customers.
UKC will own it ALL sooner or later . Its gonna happen, just wont be overnight .

I like this guy !!

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-20-2019 10:55 PM:

Toad Hill/Tar

That's exactly what WE want UKC to do, and to do so , we have to do everything possible to help every Club we have. Every business is a sum of ALL of its parts and every little part is important to every company's success. Letting a Hunt Director hunt in these small clubs is a win for the club and UKC , it's small things like this that can make a difference where needed. Dave