UKC Forums Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Show all 365 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Most Famous Coonhound (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=241956)

Posted by larry ross on 12-05-2008 03:32 AM:

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH WAYNE VALENTINO LONE PINE LADY THOSE LONE PINE FEMALES WERE BRED TO CHIEFS SONS SO HE WAS IMPORTANT BUT I BELIEVE WE OVERLOOK THE FEMALES MY OLD HAMMER DOG WAS OUT OF SCMERSALS STYLISH ANNA A GREAT REPRODUCER & DESCENDANT OF LONE PINE LADY

KEEP EM LONE PINE

NT.CH.PKC CH.CRAZY DAISY
CH. GR.NT.CH. PKC CH. HARDWOOD CRAZY GABE (AT STUD)
GRCH. NTCH JAMMIN CHAMP
NT.CH HARDWOOD CRAZY KALIGA 2ND PLACE WIN AND 9TH AT 2011 WALKER DAYS. 8TH 2012 SETWA MEMORIAL HUNT 10TH 2012 WALKER DAYS 1ST SHOALS RQE 2013
GR.NT.CH. JONES CRAZY COACH
NT.CH. CRAZY TRAIN (AT STUD)
CRAZY OLE BLACK BETTY 2ND &6TH&1ST PLACE WIN
CH.GRNT. SAILES SUGAR CREEK CASSY AGAIN- ALL GRAND
NTCH.SWAMPHOLLOW TIC
RIP GR.NT.CH. PKC CH HARDWOOD CRAZY NICK

Posted by honalieh on 12-05-2008 03:35 AM:

Got to be a Red Dog!!

(1) There's Dan and Ann (Where The Red Fern Grows).
(2) Old Yellar (crediting him as a Redbone).
(3) Old Red (of Country Music Fame).

Then, of course, there's a Bluetick, Smokey (U-Tenn mascot).

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-05-2008 04:45 AM:

I HAVE TO SHOW MY AGE AS SOME OF YOU HAVE IN THIS POST AND GO WAY BACK BEYOND THE LAST 10 OUR 15 YEARS. AND LOOK TO DOGS LIKE..........
FINLLEY RIVER CHEIF
HOUSE CLINT
OZARK PREACHER
OLD HICKORY NUT HARRY
SPRING CREEK ROCK
BOZO
LIPPER
FLAT ROCK COMA

ENGLISH DOGS LIKE
KELLERS MIKE, BOYDS LITTLE JOE
ROOSTER

RED DOGS LIKE
TIMBER CHOPPER
FIREBALL

BLUE DOGS LIKE
CONDREYS BLUE STREAK
SPANKY
OLD HAMMER

DOGS LIKE THIS HAVE A VERY BIG IMPACT ON TODAYS STOCK OF HOUNDS......

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-05-2008 04:55 AM:

I DO NOT FEEL LIKE RAT OUR JR IMPROVED ON THE BRED AS A WHOLE BUT THEY DID ALTER IT SOME TO THE GOOD AND SOME NOT SO GOOD......... BUT THERE INFLUENCE WILL BE FELT FOR YEARS TO COME...........NUFF SAID HERE.......LOL

Posted by Chad R. on 12-05-2008 05:01 AM:

What about Tree Talkin' Crockett? Never hunted with him nor know much about him, just heard of some decent dogs out of him. Just wondering if someone else could give some info. Thanks.

Posted by marvgru on 12-05-2008 05:04 AM:

I think everyone is right but, every coon hunter knows the name ole dan and lil ann therfore mythical or not I believe they are the most popular hounds of all time!
And let us not forget copper from fox n the hound!

Posted by smokey7 on 12-05-2008 05:09 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
You jump in your little truck and ride about 1 hr east and I'll show ol princess how a coons supposed to be treed with a RAT ATTACK dog....If shes mean.We will bring collars only outta the woods! LOL.....

Now, I've saw a dog or two that went back to him that wasn't the norm. But that's my point. The "norm" is just like I described. I've saw too many that were exactly the same and in all the wrong ways. You ever heard of a stud dog putting his "mark" or "stamp" on his offspring. Like a really dominant reproducer. Well that's what I mean. Or that's what I've saw anyway.

Baldwin's Blue Princess

and

Baldwin's Blue Texas

In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
-- Mark Twain

Posted by steve5005 on 12-05-2008 05:12 AM:

Mean

I have never heard that about a rat dog. Good tree dogs I do know that. You wanna see mean get in your little truck and drive about 8 hours north to Dennison oh hunt with a guy named Razor. Razor has a Black dog down there that looks like a Sabor tooth Tiger. You cut your dog with that thing you better give it a knife to take along with it.

Posted by GRNT Coondawg on 12-05-2008 05:14 AM:

Pacman/JR/Cheif/Houses Lipper/Hillbilly Mac....My opinion on ranking dogs, the top five "famous" dogs of all time in that order.

Steve

Posted by GA DAWG on 12-05-2008 05:30 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by smokey7
Now, I've saw a dog or two that went back to him that wasn't the norm. But that's my point. The "norm" is just like I described. I've saw too many that were exactly the same and in all the wrong ways. You ever heard of a stud dog putting his "mark" or "stamp" on his offspring. Like a really dominant reproducer. Well that's what I mean. Or that's what I've saw anyway.
I've hunted with lots of them and never saw a mean on.Slick tree yes but most were coon treeing winners..Heck one just broke the all time male winning money leader in pkc..Hes just 5 and has won over 100k!!! He didnt do that by slick treeing or being mean!

Posted by marvgru on 12-05-2008 05:31 AM:

I will say, i have a grandaugter out of rat and when she does it right, man can she tree,it will bring a smile to your face!

Posted by pookie40 on 12-05-2008 05:32 AM:

I heard that PAC MAN drew a red dog at the zones one year and got beat, the redbone coonhound was GR. NITE CH. PR'DAWNS TIMER JACK.

Posted by smokey7 on 12-05-2008 05:39 AM:

quote:
I've hunted with lots of them and never saw a mean on.Slick tree yes but most were coon treeing winners..Heck one just broke the all time male winning money leader in pkc..Hes just 5 and has won over 100k!!! He didnt do that by slick treeing or being mean!

whatever you say

Baldwin's Blue Princess

and

Baldwin's Blue Texas

In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
-- Mark Twain

Posted by pookie40 on 12-05-2008 06:22 AM:

quote:
I heard that the blue HEMI female should have won the P.K.C. world.

Posted by ringtail on 12-05-2008 06:34 AM:

it's between Nailer & House's Lipper

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Posted by GRNT Coondawg on 12-05-2008 06:51 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by pookie40
I heard that the blue HEMI female should have won the P.K.C. world.

If she should have then why didnt she?

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-05-2008 07:20 AM:

quote:

NOT TO TAKE AWAY FROM SLUGGO AND RAT OUR ANY OTHER 100K WINNER .BUT I STILL THINK CRACKER IS THE TRUE 100K CHAMP........I THINK THE MOST HE EVER WON IS 4000.00 AT ONE TIME......JUST MY OPINION HE WAS A COONDOG,I SEEN HIM IN ACTION SEVERAL NIGHTS.....NOT A STUD DOG...

I WOULDNT SAY RAT ATTACK DOGS ARE MEAN BUT THEY ARE NONE TO BE SLICK TREEING IDIOTS WORLD WIDE........

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:25 PM:

ozark mt. preacher.....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:27 PM:

Lipper...

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:30 PM:

kaw river chief....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:34 PM:

river bend flag...

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:36 PM:

hickory nut harry....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:38 PM:

incrediable rock....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:40 PM:

bozo...

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:43 PM:

the immortal one.. spring creek rock....