UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 27 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- DNA Profiling a Hound (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928340476)

Posted by T-Monroe on 09-29-2013 06:26 PM:

DNA Profiling a Hound

I was just wondering how long it takes to DNA profile a hound once you recieve the DNA kit and send it back to the UKC? I ordered it today and wanted to get him performance sire nominated for next year but I am not sure if I will have enough time to do this or will I?

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Ramblin Rex
GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Miss Karlie
NITECH GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Bawlin Jake

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-29-2013 06:36 PM:

Allow 6 to 8 wks they are @ the mercy of the lab . If your dog has been profiled already in another kc you can send them a photo copy of it & it was 7 dollars .

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by gadog1 on 09-29-2013 07:05 PM:

GOOD LUCK

Sent one in months ago. No Results yet.

CHNITECH PR LILLYS SOU. SCOUT (13) (LillysGaJoe/LillysSugarBaby(Tige)

YOUNG DOGS:
PR Lillys Sou. Ga. LongShot (BIG BOY)
Born 7-13-14 Kansas Kate/Scout

STEVE & GALE LILLY
229-559-7079 HOME
229-834-5904 Gale's Cell
229-834-4095 Steve's Cell
E-Mail steve-gale7343@att.net

Posted by John D on 09-29-2013 08:54 PM:

I just got a profile back that took between 4-5 mos. On the good side, they produced a profile from the FIRST sample I sent in.

I know they use the same lab, but I've had to re-swab several times when I've sent them in through PKC.

One thing I know is if the KC's want to make use of DNA they need to improve this process.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Posted by gadog1 on 09-29-2013 10:30 PM:

DNA

I know what your talking about. Haven't had a DNA Processed Successfully in two years. We have two nice pups we need to DNA right now,but,we just can't waste any more money. Never had any problems with DNA Until the last 2 years with UKC. I believe UKC & PKC use the same lab. AKC is a different story.

CHNITECH PR LILLYS SOU. SCOUT (13) (LillysGaJoe/LillysSugarBaby(Tige)

YOUNG DOGS:
PR Lillys Sou. Ga. LongShot (BIG BOY)
Born 7-13-14 Kansas Kate/Scout

STEVE & GALE LILLY
229-559-7079 HOME
229-834-5904 Gale's Cell
229-834-4095 Steve's Cell
E-Mail steve-gale7343@att.net

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 09-30-2013 01:31 AM:

DNA, 4 1/2 Months an still waiting!!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Posted by LittleMtkennel on 09-30-2013 02:27 AM:

monroe

If it hasn't changed all you have to do is pay your money by December 31 and you will be good to go, even if it takes till March to get the DNA processed.

Ryan Cox 336-902-3375

Posted by T-Monroe on 09-30-2013 02:34 AM:

Thanks Ryan,

That is what I was wondering...

Posted by LittleMtkennel on 09-30-2013 03:03 AM:

In 2011 I nominated a dog in June and paid him up then sent the DNA in. It took until February 2012 to get the DNA back but I still got the June price. The problem you will have is with puppy papers if you have a litter due before the DNA is done then you have to wait on getting your puppy papers back. Which is no huge deal until you are close to your 6 month deadline on your nominating your pups. So if your DNA is does not work the first time you may want to get a couple extra swaps and send a couple at a time. Hope this helps.

Ryan Cox 336-902-3375

Posted by T-Monroe on 09-30-2013 09:31 AM:

So a man can still have a hound nominated for the next year but if the DNA test take six months then he would really only be nominated for a few months out of that year at the same price as a full year, is this correct?

Posted by LittleMtkennel on 09-30-2013 12:14 PM:

No you are nominated for the whole year but if a female you have has pups in January and your DNA takes until march on your male dog then you will have to wait on the puppy papers until the DNA is finished.

Ryan Cox 336-902-3375

Posted by Cynthia on 09-30-2013 03:48 PM:

Re: DNA

quote:
Originally posted by gadog1
I know what your talking about. Haven't had a DNA Processed Successfully in two years. We have two nice pups we need to DNA right now,but,we just can't waste any more money. Never had any problems with DNA Until the last 2 years with UKC. I believe UKC & PKC use the same lab. AKC is a different story.

with AKC, if you have DNA from another KC, you can send a copy of that and there is an application and it costs about $20. you will still have to swab them but I think that is to be able to match what you sent in on paper.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Posted by Dogwhisper on 09-30-2013 07:39 PM:

Sent samples in April 2013 , received the last 1 back Sept.2013 . (5) mths. that is to long ta wait.Hope there service gets BETTER.

Posted by TMR on 10-02-2013 02:52 PM:

DNA

First, I would like to thank you for your post on this subject.

Scidera, the lab we have used in the past, was acquired by another company, GeneSeek. Needless to say the transition has not been as smooth as was anticipated. We are diligently working with and speaking with the lab every day in order to provide you with the DNA information you have come to expect.

With that said, I want to assure you that the staff here at UKC is making every effort to provide you with the best customer service possible. I've been personally attending, e-mailing and calling the lab to ensure that we are moving this forward for you.

In fact, just this morning, I had a conversation with one of their Vice Presidents regarding the delays. They have assured me that they are working hard to provide our DNA information in a timely manner; but at this time, they are trying to get the backlog caught up. Unfortunately, UKC DNA is involved with the backlog.

The DNA information that we have received in-house has been meticulously reviewed to insure that the most accurate information is being uploaded to our system; as well as listed on your DNA certificate, adding a little more time to the delay.

I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this transition with the lab. I assure you that we will continue to work diligently on getting this matter taken care of.

If you have questions or further concerns, please feel free to contact me at traab@ukcdogs.com and I will do my best to assist you.

Thank you for your continued support of United Kennel Club and our programs.

Tanya Raab
Vice President of Corporate Operations
United Kennel Club

Posted by T-Monroe on 11-29-2013 01:46 PM:

Wow That was fast...

I hear all the horror stories and was wondering how it would go with mine. Sent my hounds DNA out 2nd week of Oct. and got it back last week the 19th of Nov. I will be making him a performance sire for 2014.

Great job UKC!

Posted by T-Monroe on 11-29-2013 02:01 PM:

10 days that is very fast...Glad to see they have got it worked out. I know they said the lab was moving and that is why some took so long, but it must be all worked out now.

Posted by Tim MACHA on 11-29-2013 04:26 PM:

Had terrible experince when they used MMI

After 4 inconclusive results, I paid the extra $100 to do blood work. Got the results back in 2 weeks. At that time, I swore I would never use swabs again.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Posted by T-Monroe on 11-29-2013 11:15 PM:

Sorry to hear that Tim, but it seems to be going much better for them now.

Posted by rdmedders on 11-30-2013 03:44 AM:

What's the benefit with DNA your hound???

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 11-30-2013 06:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by rdmedders
What's the benefit with DNA your hound???

To prove your dogs parentage...you have to do DNA for your dog to be a Performance sire , SS sire & for puppies born out of them to be Performance & SS eligible . The females bred to those sires also have to have DNA done for their litters to be eligible.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by T-Monroe on 12-01-2013 03:14 AM:

I don't think the females have to be DNA profiled.

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 12-01-2013 03:42 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by T-Monroe
I don't think the females have to be DNA profiled.

For SS eligible litters they do, for regular registration on litters no .

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by DEE POWELL on 12-01-2013 04:03 PM:

Glad to see others are having troubles with DNA. I sent performance money and soon receive a kit and sent it back in early May. In June paid the litter up the 1st week of June at English days and never received anything so I called and they said they never received the DNA kit back so cancelled the check and sent again in July and had a rep. call and said paperwork was almost done and would I like to pay the whole litter up, so with still having 4 pups that people didn't follow-up and paid them all up. Long story short I still don't have papers to send the good folks that got them and they will be 6 months old in a few days.

The process has to get better, got to be a better solution out there.

PR’ DEE’S HARDTIME THUNDER CLOUD
RED CLOUD X SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR

DEE POWELL
509-393-5111 CELL

Posted by Autumn Clements on 12-01-2013 06:47 PM:

I had no problems with the two dogs I DNA'd, got the DNA results with first swab. Pretty sure it took a couple months thou.

Does anyone know if a dog is DNA-P and after that his other parent is DNA'd does it cost to update it to DNA-VIP?

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 12-01-2013 08:04 PM:

Ukc recommendation : up-date regisration process where the is not 2 seperate papers to send in . Have on the puppy papers if the pup is performance eligilbe w/ price listed for regular registration & performance registration include Dna fee & box for any late fees w/ price . Send the swabs out with pup papers on performance litters. So we can send it all in together on one set of papers along with the swab when the pup is registered . Just thought it would speed up the process by taking out a step , easier on us & you .

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP