UKC Forums
Show all 21 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- 2013 UKC World Championship Zone and Finals Location Announcement (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928286105)

Posted by Allen / UKC on 12-04-2012 05:18 PM:

2013 UKC World Championship Zone and Finals Location Announcement

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/News...2042012120802PM

Posted by longshot on 12-04-2012 09:51 PM:

Looks purdy good to me.

Posted by punky bruster on 12-06-2012 05:46 PM:

allen why did they move the zones from sc. did the turn out not make ukc happy or did the club not wanna hold it

Posted by Allen / UKC on 12-06-2012 09:01 PM:

Neither one Jayroe. It was simply a matter of geographical concerns in relation to how everything played out for 2013. Hopefully, the club might be interested in hosting one again down the road sometime. They always put on an excellent event.

Posted by punky bruster on 12-08-2012 03:43 PM:

sounds good to me. hope to get one qualified again this year.

Posted by englishheat298 on 12-12-2012 08:29 PM:

Perfect

‘PR’ Hardtime Bluegill (Grntch Red Ruby Hardtime Crow x ‘PR’ Little Miss Blue)

‘PR’ Main Street Ramblin Ramrod (Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo x Ntch Poplar Run Blue Bonnie)

‘PR’ Main Street Double Trouble (Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo x Ntch Poplar Run Blue Bonnie)

R.I.P
Ntch Indiana Jones (Woodstock redman x blue arrow)

NTCH Buck Creeks Wild Wendy (Shannon’s iron Hank x Shannon’s Flossie)

Grntch Main Street Hooker (Main Street Max x Twin Creek Patch)

Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo (Main Street Max x Buck Creeks Wild Wendy) **Semen** ‘14 1st place Grnite Bluetick Days

Grntch Pkc CH Main Street Dyno (Main Street Dino x Red Ruby Suzie) final 4 pkc black n tan days, final 4 Indiana Autumn Pro Classic, semi finals legacy

Heart,lonely,accurate loyal hounds! Full Throttle English Hounds!
John 3:16!
Born again Christian 3-8-15
219-344-1885

Posted by BayouJesse on 12-17-2012 04:17 PM:

Why no zone hunt in the Mountain Time Area?

- www.BayouPlotts.com
- www.Facebook.com/BayouPlotts
- www.WPHAplotts.com
- www.Facebook.com/WPHAplotts
- www.Facebook.com/WesternPlottHunt

Posted by blueticker on 12-19-2012 10:36 PM:

Zone 25 miles from home. I like the sound of that. Sure hope to get good blue dog participation at that zone.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Posted by HuckFinn on 12-21-2012 01:20 AM:

Anybody know where there's a list of qualified hounds?

Posted by Allen / UKC on 12-21-2012 09:14 PM:

Huck, qualifying events run from January through August. So no dogs qualified yet.

Posted by John Book on 12-21-2012 09:31 PM:

yeah Zones 1 in my bk yard can't get any better then that. was gona try make A O this year but think I will concentrate on a world ch this year.

Posted by tsizemore on 12-22-2012 01:39 AM:

western dogs

thanks for ignoring us out west maybe everyone should just reg dogs akc and pkc how much money would you lose then

Posted by BayouJesse on 12-22-2012 02:25 AM:

Have no fear westerner, A group of us are forming a UKC hunt called WESTERN SHOOT OUT. Just like how the Grand American was formed in the Southeast to give Southeasterners a big hunt to compete at.

Do you know of any place in Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, or Nevada that can hold this new Autumn Oaks of the west?

- www.BayouPlotts.com
- www.WPHAplotts.com

Posted by Paul Frederick on 12-22-2012 04:08 AM:

We didn't move the western Zone to "ignore" the western hunters at all. What about the hunters in Nebraska or Minnesota? Last year they had to choose either Montana or Illinois. Isn't it fair that they have a Zone closer to home?

What about the western Zones numbers? Should they be ignored? Last year there were eight dogs hunted in Montana. 2011 had twelve. You are still having just as many RQE's and Qualifying Slams in 2013 as you had in 2012. If you know of a club out west who would like to host a Qualifying Slam, have them call me. I would be more than happy to get one scheduled.

Jesse you should be one of the last to complain about the location of the Zones. You are almost directly halfway between Cherokee and Girard. You are also in a great place to get qualified as we added new RQE's to both Kansas and Missouri.

Here's the real deal: the Finals moves; the Zones move. I think this year is very well balanced as far as where the majority of coon hunters live. Yes, if you are in Montana you are going to have a drive a little ways to a Zone hunt, I'm sure those guys in Northwest Iowa who have been supporting the Montana Zone for the last few years are glad it's you that's driving and not them again.

Posted by StrawberryMt on 12-22-2012 05:44 AM:

I think it sucks the zone being in Cherokee. Now my place is going to be packed with people wanting to warm up beforehand. Haha

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Posted by BayouJesse on 12-22-2012 05:47 AM:

Paul I'm not complaining for me, heck Girard is less than two hours away. I'm concerned to not see a Mountain Time Zone Zone. People east have more zones to choose from. Maybe Mountain - Pacific Hunters may participate more if they had more than one option like the eastern hunters. In recent memory I don't think I have seen this happen. Also I could be wrong. It just appears when you look at the zone map it doesn't represent our world ( technically national ) of the 48 continental states.

Either way some will drive short, some will drive long.

- www.BayouPlotts.com
- www.WPHAplotts.com

Posted by John Book on 12-22-2012 04:23 PM:

I was thinking the same thing Travis but let them come, but they better not expect to hunt in my best spots, those will be on reserve lol

Posted by John Book on 12-22-2012 04:30 PM:

what is the hunting like In Elizabethtown, Ky.????

Posted by bert52 on 12-22-2012 05:59 PM:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Paul Frederick
You are still having just as many RQE's and Qualifying Slams in 2013 as you had in 2012.

are slams events qualifiers now? when did that happen?

Posted by Paul Frederick on 12-22-2012 06:38 PM:

quote:
[i]are slams events qualifiers now? when did that happen? [/B]

Not all Slams are Qualifying Slams, only some Slams in areas where RQE's don't make sense due to low turnout. I think there were 10 last year in the far western states.

Posted by Jason Hart on 12-22-2012 10:58 PM:

btt

btt