UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 44 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- English: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=57)
-- Lightfoot Bruno (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928304484)

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-25-2013 06:08 PM:

Lightfoot Bruno

Could someone post a pedigree for Bruno please?

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Posted by longfork on 02-25-2013 06:50 PM:

HE IS OUT OF LIGHTFOOT FLASH

DAM IS CLARK RIVER MILLEY

Dan.

606-639-8439

Posted by BEST EVER on 02-25-2013 08:21 PM:

.............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Flash
..........................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Bruno
..............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Clarks River Milly
.......................................Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Dancn. Bruno III
...............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Boyds Little Joe
............................................Nt.Ch. Dossetts Sue
................................................Ch. Zindards Middlefork Nell
...................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Rocky Run Blue Terry
.................................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Bruno
..............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Deacon
...................................................Gr.Nt.Ch Bashams Sue
......................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Rocky Run Blue Brandy
..................................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Bruno
...............................................Lightffooot Fanny
...................................................Nt.Ch. Dossetts Sue

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-25-2013 08:56 PM:

Got that already

quote:
Originally posted by BEST EVER
.............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Flash
..........................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Bruno
..............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Clarks River Milly
.......................................Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Dancn. Bruno III
...............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Boyds Little Joe
............................................Nt.Ch. Dossetts Sue
................................................Ch. Zindards Middlefork Nell
...................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Rocky Run Blue Terry
.................................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Bruno
..............................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Deacon
...................................................Gr.Nt.Ch Bashams Sue
......................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Rocky Run Blue Brandy
..................................................Gr.Nt.Ch. Lightfoot Bruno
...............................................Lightffooot Fanny
...................................................Nt.Ch. Dossetts Sue

I KNOW THAT MUCH WANT TO SEE A 3 GENERATION. HOW IS HE TRACED BACK TO IKE THE LIGHTFOOT

Past Home of:

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-25-2013 10:46 PM:

From Dustin

Here you go Doug
------------------------Lightfoot Sarg
----------------Gr Nite Ch Clarks Lightfoot Rocket
------------------------Lightfoot Julie
--------Gr Nite Ch Clark's Lightfoot Flash
------------------------Gr Nite Ch Browns Blue Ace
----------------Nite Ch Goldmans Big Momma
------------------------Nite Ch Yeagers Blue
Gr Nite Ch Clark's Lightfoot Bruno
------------------------Crawfords Dickie Boy
----------------Nite Ch Clarks River Andy
------------------------Lady
--------Gr Nite Ch Clarks River Milly
------------------------Gr Nite Ch Vanzants Sam
----------------Fallcreek Blue Lucy
------------------------Nite Ch Tynes Rose

Yes, Bruno goes back to Ike twice through Rocket.

208-267-1186
Home of:
Idaho Lightfoot Venom
Idaho Lightfoot Chrome
Idaho Lightfoot Clutch
Former Home of:
Idaho Lightfoot Black Jack
Idaho Lightfoot Blitz
Idaho Lightfoot Snapshot
Idaho Lightfoot Whiplash
Idaho Lightfoot Gambler

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by BEST EVER on 02-25-2013 10:53 PM:

My son Corey has been helping Bill Clark out today and he is bringing home good info. on his line of hounds and some pictures. He will post some of this either tonight or Tuesday. Bill is get getting some good laughs at some of the comments. Some breed for a dollar and others breed to help the breed, Bill lived by this saying!

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-25-2013 11:17 PM:

LOL

quote:
Originally posted by BEST EVER
My son Corey has been helping Bill Clark out today and he is bringing home good info. on his line of hounds and some pictures. He will post some of this either tonight or Tuesday. Bill is get getting some good laughs at some of the comments. Some breed for a dollar and others breed to help the breed, Bill lived by this saying!

Bill is not the only one getting some laughs! I have to tell myself this is a message board and people will say anything. What Im trying to get at is that Boyds Little Joe's dam Neil and Ike the Lightfoot were littermates. Bill will tell you that.

Many people want to breed as close to Bruno as possible what I would look for is a dog like Rocky Run Blue Terry crossed on a line bred Boyds female or Lightfoot female. If you look at Terry's pedigree he has Bruno X3 and Boyds little Joe thru Sue X2. I like it!

I wanted to see how Bruno went back to Ike knowing that Ike and Neil were littermates.

Anxious to hear what Bill has to say!

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by Dustin Myers on 02-26-2013 12:20 AM:

Doug,
Terry has Little Joe 3 times. Basham's Sue was out of Little Joe also.

208-267-1186
Home of:
Idaho Tapp Out Sniper
Idaho Lightfoot Kinder
Former Home of:
Idaho Lightfoot Blitz
Idaho Lightfoot Snapshot
Idaho Lightfoot Whiplash
Idaho Lightfoot Gambler

Posted by Dustin Myers on 02-26-2013 12:27 AM:

Here's how it shows on paper.

----------------Nite Ch Ike The Lightfoot
--------Lightfoot Sarg
----------------Moores Queen
Gr Nite Ch Clarks Lightfoot Rocket
--------Lightfoot Julie
----------------Rough River Jill

208-267-1186
Home of:
Idaho Tapp Out Sniper
Idaho Lightfoot Kinder
Former Home of:
Idaho Lightfoot Blitz
Idaho Lightfoot Snapshot
Idaho Lightfoot Whiplash
Idaho Lightfoot Gambler

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-26-2013 01:09 AM:

Justin

quote:
Originally posted by Dustin Myers
Here's how it shows on paper.

--------Lightfoot Sarg
----------------Moores Queen
Gr Nite Ch Clarks Lightfoot Rocket
--------Lightfoot Julie
----------------Rough River Jill

Now I see the reason for a lot of your Lightfoot crosses! Linebreeding can be productive if done right and controlled!

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by Awe Sum Mass on 02-26-2013 04:17 AM:

Lightfoot Bruno

Doug, How do you know that Ike was a littermate to Little Joe's mother (Neil)?
Bo Sire was Terry
Terry's Sire was Dancn. Bruno III
Bruno III 's Sire was Bruno
Bruno's Sire was Flash
Flash's Sire was Rocket
Rocket's Sire was Sarg

I took this off of my Sis's dog's pedigree. It's a seven generation pedigree - but it's all I have. Let me just say this "SHE HAS THE BEST BITCHES IN THE ENGLISH BREED THAT EVER DREW A BREATH IN HER PEDIGREE AS WELL !!!!!!!!!

Posted by Timberdog English on 02-26-2013 06:23 AM:

Bashams sue

Quote:Eugene Boyd; Bashams Sue was one of the best females in his day, her and charles were hard to beat,not many people hunt like charles did hard hunter one dog,shelia done her share of winning but she was curious little cus,Charles if you read this you know that was Eugenes words, i was their when the goat knocked your teeth out Tom Corbett , Va

GRCHNTCH TIMBER VALLEY WY, CORBETT'S TIMBERDOG RED THUNDER [MOONIE],Nt Ch COWLES BIG RIVER RED BULL, CORBETTS HARDTIME INKS OLLIE,Whiskey River Moonshine,Alabama Wild Dawg,CoonValley Duck Duck Goose, Sunset Abby

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-26-2013 12:33 PM:

Re: Lightfoot Bruno

quote:
Originally posted by Awe Sum Mass
Doug, How do you know that Ike was a littermate to Little Joe's mother (Neil)?
Bo Sire was Terry
Terry's Sire was Dancn. Bruno III
Bruno III 's Sire was Bruno
Bruno's Sire was Flash
Flash's Sire was Rocket
Rocket's Sire was Sarg

I took this off of my Sis's dog's pedigree. It's a seven generation pedigree - but it's all I have. Let me just say this "SHE HAS THE BEST BITCHES IN THE ENGLISH BREED THAT EVER DREW A BREATH IN HER PEDIGREE AS WELL !!!!!!!!!

I have received information over the years from three different sources but how do you verify that just like a lot of others.

One source stated: I have heard Bill verify on tape that Little Joe's mother, Neil, and The original Ike the Lightfoot, were littermates. I've heard the story of how Bill took his Trixie dog, who was a pure foxhound, to breed to Million Dollar Mac to produce the litter that Ike and Neil were from. The Lightfoot Bloodline and Little Joe started from the same place. I'm not really sure why this isn't talked about more in the public, but I always assumed there was some reason I hadn't been told.

And this piece of History:

Million Dollar Mac

The foundation sire of the Light Foot bloodline

Old Mac was part mystery and part legend. Mac was owned by an old time hunter by the name of Blankenship. Also known as Pop, by the few who were fortunate enough to know him and the Great hound old Pop called Million Dollar Mac. The name came about because of Mac's Million Dollar Mouth.
Where Trixie was a trim built red tick female of about fifty pounds, Mac was a big leggy blue dog of about 80 pounds. Mac, like Trixie carried the Birdsong/Henry hounds up close. The same drifting style and speed from the Birdsong/Henry blood flowed in Macs veins. His endless endurance and nose was even better than Trixie's.
Macs sire is where the mystery comes into play. After years of research I am convinced that old Mac also carried the Galloway hounds on his sire’s side. There is a quarter of old Macs pedigree that has been impossible to track with any certain. Some have claimed Leopard cur, others have claimed Catahula hog dog. What this breeding produced in old Mac was 80 pounds of solid coon hound. All those who hunted with Mac claimed that he had the best nose of any hound they had ever hunted, and a mouth that these old hunters still talk about with awe in their voice. Mac had been blessed with one more thing. Mac was a reproducer of outstanding hounds. He sired a World Champion coon hound from the early 1950s. In those days the wild coon hunts were more of a test of a hounds endurance and ability than they are today. Mostly held in the south these hunts featured 3 to 4 hour casts and scattered coon. Cold trailing was a must. Most of old Macs pups had the nose and tracking ability to excel in these early hunts. Macs pups also had the mouth to be heard when those long tracks ended sometimes more than a mile from the hunters.
Mac was the foundation sire of 3 bloodlines of English hounds that made themselves a place in history. Unfortunately, most of these dogs were single registered. Some were false papered. Some folks never knew the true pedigree of the great hounds they bought from the western part of Tennessee. Others had old family rivalries that kept the true pedigree off the single registration form. Still others made up a pedigree so that their dog seemed to be of a new bloodline that only the owner of this dog had. This robbed the English breed of a great foundation sire at a time one was sourly needed, and it also robbed Mac of the credit he so richly deserved.

The First Light Foot Litter

Trixie was about eight years old when she was bred to Mac, No one was sure of Mac's age but our best guess put Mac at 10 years old. Trixie soon gave birth to 3 puppies these puppies were born on the birth day of our most famous general, Bill thought naming the first pup born, A blue male "Ike" to honer of the general who had later became our president would be a good idea. The other male was named Sam the female was Neil. Bill raised these pups until they were about six months of age. On their first trip to the woods these puppies caught two Grey fox on the ground and treed with Trixie on three trees. All of these young hounds were nice but Bill had formed a bond with the first born pup known as "Ike". After just a few more trips to the woods Bill realized that training all three of these pups was just not a possibility. These pups just had a over abundance of drive, breaking them from fox was going to be a major endeavored.
Bill made a tough choice the decided was made to send Sam and Neil to his uncle, A fox hunter Bill was hoping that like the Birdsong/Henry hounds these Young dogs would run fox for a couple years and then become "cutters" and start treeing. At that point the uncle was to call Bill and give Sam and Neil back to Bill.
Ike was a full time job and between going to collage and working Bill had all that he could handle. after getting his degree Bill took a job for the government and spent almost 2 years working in Texas. Bill's uncle like many of the folks living in the hills of Kentucky in those days had no telephone. Bill was never told that his uncle had passed until he came home over the Christmas weekend. Bill immediately jumped into his car and headed from Evansville Indiana to Kentucky to see his aunt and to check on Sam and Neil.
After consoling his aunt Bill ask about Sam and Neil, The aunt told Bill that without the uncle there was no way that she could feed let along take care of three hound's. Sam and Neil had a litter, and the uncle had allowed one male pup to live. The aunt had gotten word to a local dog trader that she had lost her husband and needed to get what she could for his hounds. The trader knew of these dog's the uncle had been a well known hunter. This trader went to pick the dogs up, the price was $25.00 a head. Sam and the pup<Ace> were easy to catch but Neil was not going to be caught. Bill went to the trader to find only to find that these dogs were sold as part of a load that went to a Big trade who lived in IL. It was 5 years later when Ace were found. The shame of this was that Ace had Blue Tick papers and had earned night hunt titles., Once again old Mac was robbed of the credit he deserved. The English breed was again robbed of the chance to use a male dog who had made himself well known in the wild coon Hunt's. Bill later purchased half interest in Ace and placed him 4Th and 6Th in the AC HA world hunt. Ace never really received the attention he deserved because of the controversy over his true breeding. Everyone hunting Light Foot dogs today have Ace in their pedigree's Now you know why. Sam was found two years later and he also had blue tick papers and a Grnt Ch title. Sam was to old to breed a female so the dog was lost to the Light Foot hounds. I want to clearly state here that the owner of Ace and Sam were not the one who had false papped the dogs, That was done by one of the traders. The owners of Sam and Ace were honest men who had just bought a Great Blue Tick hound's that were not blue ticks at all but English. Old Neil never came back to the aunt's house she moved down the road to old fallen down house and lived by her whits and hunting skill. Neil had given birth to a litter of pups, hunger had taken all but one of these pups. Neil was found in bad shape by a local hunter, This man rescued Neil and her one surviving pup. The world had not been kind to Neil and she left for a better hunting ground. Neil never gained the Fame that Ike or Same had and no one knew that her pup from a earlier litter had become a world ch named Ace. Neil did make her place in history in a most unlikely way. The one small blue pup that had survived made a hound feared by the worlds best Competition hunters and like Ace this dog was a English World Champion. The dog never grew to be a large dog, So the name Little Joe stayed with him, The entire English breed owes much to Little Joe and Eugene Boyd that man who made him famous.
While Sam, Ace or Neil never carried the name that has Light Foot, Ike did becoming well know through out the coon hound world as "Ike The Light Foot". Ike placed 2ND, 4Th,5Th, 7Th, and 9Th in world hunts with a teenage handler. With a more experienced handler, Ike would have won the world hunt maybe several times. Most who were there agree on that including Bill.
All of these dogs had the Drifting tracking style that made the Bridsong/Henry hounds so well known. All of the dogs were hard stay put tree dogs. Mac and Trixie would have been pleased. The off spring from Mac and Trixie had produced a bloodline of hounds that over 70 years later are still being hunted and enjoyed by hunters like myself across North America.

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by Razoo97 on 02-26-2013 01:44 PM:

Great story...!

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-26-2013 02:11 PM:

Open Mind

quote:
Originally posted by Razoo97
Great story...!

Raz sometimes you have to be a detective and like mom always told me you cant believe anything thing you hear and only half of what you see. Its like breeding you do the best you can and cant take everything for gospel. Just repeating what I have discovered. Sometimes the truth is scorned and the lies expanded LOL!!

I just put it out there. Its a shame that sometimes certain dogs are judged by the actions of the individuals that own them thats all I gotta say.

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by cjr1982 on 02-26-2013 03:52 PM:

Doug Robinson could you please call me i would like to talk to you

2013 Zone# 4 BBOA Indiana State Championship results -
Champion male of show, King of Show,Overall Show Champion
King of Hunt, Overall Hunt Champion - 1025 plus points, no minus and 200 circle.
2013 Zone 5 BBOA Kentucky State Championship King of Hunt / Night Champion win
2014 Zone 5 BBOA Sectional King of Hunt and King of Show (Mt. Washington Kentucky) - 675 plus points, no minus and 225 circle points
2015 Friday Plott Days Grand Champion winner
2015 BBOA Zone 5 Sectional King of Hunt 450 plus
2016 BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of Hunt (Johnstown Ohio), Two night totals, (2) cast wins 1500 plus points, 225 circle and no minus
2016 BBOA Zone 4 Championship (Johnstown Ohio) Friday Grand Champion Male
2016 Ohio State BBOA Championship ( Jackson Ohio), King of Hunt and High Scoring Dog of Hunt, 675 plus points, no minus.

GRNITECH 'PR' PRAIRIE CREEK BLUE BIG HORN
* (2018) RQE Cast Winner / Zone Qualified

TELL CITY, IN
Corey Robbins
HOUSE 812-547-2775
CELL 812-608-1645

Mark Robbins 812-547-1358

Posted by steve pickett on 02-26-2013 04:58 PM:

liked the story Doug,not many people really know how these ol hounds are really breed....

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-26-2013 06:19 PM:

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by steve pickett
liked the story Doug,not many people really know how these ol hounds are really breed....

And Im still learning!!LOL

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by S.Ludwig on 02-26-2013 06:39 PM:

Doug

Sent you a PM your inbox is full.

Posted by Awe Sum Mass on 02-26-2013 07:28 PM:

Lightfoot Bruno

These are pictures of Gene, Lee, and Charlie at one of my apartment houses they stayed at when they came up here to Massachusetts to hunt with me for years and I went down there and stayed with Lee or Gene when going to the hunts

Posted by Awe Sum Mass on 02-26-2013 07:31 PM:

Lightfoot Bruno

I lived what I talk about Doug. I didn't hear about it from guy who new a guy who new a guy. Your right us old guys are getting a few laughs on this board.

Posted by terry_goforth on 02-26-2013 08:31 PM:

Dick

Nice pictures

Posted by terry_goforth on 02-26-2013 08:41 PM:

Posted by Doug Robinson on 02-26-2013 08:48 PM:

Re: Lightfoot Bruno

quote:
Originally posted by Awe Sum Mass

I lived what I talk about Doug. I didn't hear about it from guy who new a guy who new a guy. Your right us old guys are getting a few laughs on this board.

Amen Dick!! Great pics!Wished I coulda hunted with you boys!

Past Home of:

Current

Posted by Awe Sum Mass on 02-26-2013 10:55 PM:

Lightfoot Bruno

I wish you guys lived closer now so we could hunt together. No more coonhunters around here any more. Most of the land has been sold off to builders. Not many good places to hunt anymore.
Terry, I almost gave Sis to young man as he liked to coonhunt, but I got scared he would sell her to buy a new truck or down payment on a house so I'll keep her. I didn't hunt her for 3 months and took her out and she treed 3 coon but only 2 trees - one tree had 2 coon in it. She is getting old too. 5 years old now.
Time flies by, it seems like a couple of years ago we were all going to the hunts. Keep smiling and keep the faith.