UKC Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Beagles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- New world record wolf (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=331468)

Posted by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 12:36 AM:

New world record wolf

I don't know if anyone else is interested but this thing is unbelieveable, not really beagle related.. click on the link. scroll down page to the picture.

http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpr...cord-wolf-kill/

Posted by Albert Fulton on 02-04-2010 01:05 AM:

Vicky B ; I have the Holland Tunnel for sale.Would you be interested in buying it for 100 bucks ?

Posted by jim matuszewski on 02-04-2010 01:11 AM:

Great pic. wow huge. this is on topic every weekend of summer bear training season here in wi. at least one bear hound was killed by wolfes.I use to free run my dogs behind my house if I was out doing yard work untill last year when I lost my best female and a young male off her right before dark one night.wis.dnr sez target population is 350-400 now were over 1000 and feds. won't unlist them dnr say there hands are tied till they are delisted. I grant you thisIf this trend keeps up delisted or not the population will come down!

Posted by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 01:20 AM:

Albert, maybe it is a hoax. I don't know. I read the stuff under pic and sounds true. Guess you have to decide for yourself.

Posted by Danny King on 02-04-2010 01:24 AM:

That picture has been going around for awile now almost over a year

Posted by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 01:29 AM:

http://www.grimsmonstermix.com/

This pic is 100% real. The story of this wolf is in the Fall Edition on "Big Buck Magazine". Jim Johnston killed this wolf in Glenevis, Alberta
in early May. The wolf weighed approx. 197 pounds, and is still waiting to be scored. The man in the picture is Jeff Grimolfson, whoowns White Claw Outfitters in Alberta. In the magazine there is a 2nd pic of the wolf being held up by Jim Johnston. You can pick up a copy of this magazine at any book store, it is published in the US and Canada. P.S. they got the whole hunt on tape, and it will beshown on "The Hunting Chronicles" TV show, There is an article in the fall issue of Big Buck, which I have on my lap as I am writing this. The photos in Big Buck are not the same as you posted. The wolf looks a little bigger and darker in your picture, so maybe someone Photoshopped it a little, but nonetheless it's obvious it's the same wolf and same hunter as featured in Big Buck. Big Buck is a magazine that focuses on monster whitetail and mulies, so the occasional story they do about something else will not receive that high a profile in the magazine. The article was buried in the back couple of pages.
# Posted By hiSunglasses Coupons | 1/28/10 10:47 AM
No, sorry - the wolf is real - the weight is real - it has not been photoshopped - it is in the Feb/Mar issue of North American Hunter on page 80. It was in Alberta, Canada while these 2 guys were on a bear hunt. It has been weighed and the skull is going to be dried and measured and they feel that it is close to the new world record. Three days after that - they shot the big black bear they'd originally been hunting for.

# Posted By Jake Wolfe | 1/30/10 12:58 PM
north american hunter magazine has the story in the feb edition.

Posted by jim matuszewski on 02-04-2010 01:48 AM:

Iguess in Ohio it's more inportant about the authenticity of a wolf pic then the reallity of what there introduction of wolfsis doing to hounds men up here well anyhow 100#-200# maybe Ohio needs the majestic beauty of a few hundred wolfs

Posted by BradH on 02-04-2010 02:24 AM:

The reason the authenticity of it is important is in Ohio you don't generally hear about a wolf or any wild dog going anywhere near 200 pounds the biggest thing we have are coyotes that are 35-40 pounds.

I could only imagine how horrible it would be to run hounds up there with those things around heck I worry about my hounds running in area's with very many coyotes don't know what I would do if a pack of those came in.

No we don't need wolves truth be told we don't really need the amount of coyotes we have or red tailed hawks for that matter.

Posted by Rabbitslayer23 on 02-04-2010 02:24 AM:

hey, it seems real, also read the posts about it, they get real interesting, some real dandy's to be a fact, peta just loves stories like these.

P.s check out the funny poem at the end of the responses.

James Tordecci

Posted by hilljack10 on 02-04-2010 02:28 AM:

This pic is also in the North American Hunter.Killed by Jeff Grimolfson.Weighted 197lbs.Waiting on the skull to dry and be measured.

Posted by VICKY B on 02-04-2010 02:54 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by jim matuszewski
Iguess in Ohio it's more inportant about the authenticity of a wolf pic then the reallity of what there introduction of wolfsis doing to hounds men up here well anyhow 100#-200# maybe Ohio needs the majestic beauty of a few hundred wolfs

Jim you sound angry, no one feels sorry for the wolf, and yes it must be horrible to deal with wolfs and your dogs.

Posted by mike mace on 02-04-2010 03:52 AM:

wolf

read doggydogs post on this link funny stuff,i couldnt quit laughing long enough to read it to my buddy

Posted by BradH on 02-04-2010 07:40 AM:

I love all the people saying it's fake on that blog if it's fake then North American Hunter as well as several other newspapers and magazines are going to have to print retractions or at least apologies.

Could you imagine the damage a pack of these could do.

Posted by Fred Hwkins on 02-04-2010 07:55 AM:

Questionable HOAX

If it is in fact a hoax, the North American Hunting Club is include alos as this picture made their monthly magazine publication.

Not sure either way but I read about it in the North American Hunter, this months issue.

Jerimiah 17:7 - Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD whose confidence is in Him.

Happy Beagling and God Bless from,
Dusty Road Beagles